XBOX 360 Free Game Of This Week (Fable 3)

Dog

Fable-2-Art-300x172.jpg

Source-IGN

Fable 3 is currently free on Xbox Live Marketplace. 

Lionhead's action RPG can now be downloaded even if you don't have any Microsoft Points in your account. Simply select "use Microsoft Points" when prompted, to start downloading the game.

Unfortunately, you have to be an Xbox Live Gold member to take advantage. Silver members will be asked to fork out 3600 MS Points.

It's unclear right now whether this is a mistake on Microsoft's behalf, or a treat ahead of this afternoon's E3 conference. We've heard nothing from Microsoft.
  • Like 1

Fable-2-Art-300x172.jpg

Source-IGN

Lionhead's action RPG can now be downloaded even if you don't have any Microsoft Points in your account. Simply select "use Microsoft Points" when prompted, to start downloading the game.

Unfortunately, you have to be an Xbox Live Gold member to take advantage. Silver members will be asked to fork out 3600 MS Points.

It's unclear right now whether this is a mistake on Microsoft's behalf, or a treat ahead of this afternoon's E3 conference. We've heard nothing from Microsoft.

Skeptical... the last time I clicked to buy something from marketplace, I ended up with a $20 bill before I even saw an option to use points or just cash... :X and if it's a mistake what happens when they fix the "mistake" don't tell anyone and people start buying it for real...And isn't fable 3 the one with the shadowy creatures of nom nomness~? I think I already have this one... :(

Fable-2-Art-300x172.jpg

Source-IGN

HMMM this seems fishy when does money grabbing Microsoft ever do anything for freeee :thumbsup:

• Like 1

This isn't a bug. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

Microsoft is stepping forward and showing their Xbox Live community some appreciation. Xbox Live Gold Members will be GIVEN 2 video games each month. This month, Fable III is available to download for FREE. Next month in July, Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 can be downloaded for FREE by ANY Xbox Live Gold Member. Take advantage of this opportunity while you can guys!

Anybody else have a list of other games that might get released?

In July, Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 will be free.

This isn't a bug. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

Microsoft is stepping forward and showing their Xbox Live community some appreciation. Xbox Live Gold Members will be GIVEN 2 video games each month. This month, Fable III is available to download for FREE. Next month in July, Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 can be downloaded for FREE by ANY Xbox Live Gold Member. Take advantage of this opportunity while you can guys!

In July, Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 will be free.

I got so excited when I heard this. I was never able to complete Assassins Creed 2 because I had return it before I could finish it... And with Halo 3 becoming free not only will it boost up its population, but hopefully it will also mean that the "Legendary" and "Mythic I/II" map packs will become free, and then 343i will finally be able to update Halo 3 for the first time in god knows how long, and DLC maps will be Required in all playlists.

I got so excited when I heard this. I was never able to complete Assassins Creed 2 because I had return it before I could finish it... And with Halo 3 becoming free not only will it boost up its population, but hopefully it will also mean that the "Legendary" and "Mythic I/II" map packs will become free, and then 343i will finally be able to update Halo 3 for the first time in god knows how long, and DLC maps will be Required in all playlists.

Definetly will boost the population~ my girlfriend hasn't played any Halos yet and intends to get it Halo 3 when it becomes free. I will be over there with her aswell of course. So people will be seeing new players and friends of new players all coming to Halo 3, and you didn't get the map packs from ODST~?