Will there be Halo 5 Forge?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will 343 remove the Forge?

• Of course they will!
    • Maybe...
    • I don't think so...
    • Nope.
    • HECK NO!!!

I want your opinion. 343 removed Firefight, which was a major disappointment to the fans, do you think they will remove Forge in Halo 5 also? This has probably already been discussed somewhere, but oh well. Here's a new topic about it.

Maybe they will think it's "Too hard" and will remove it from Halo 5 and 6. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. What do you think? Will they remove it? Or not?

• Like 1

Of course they will! I mean its obvious that it takes to much skill and resources... 343i just announced at E3 that they will remove Forge, because by making maps not have forge compatibility, then they can have up to twice the memory per map file, and on top of that with one of the most RAM consuming modes gone from the game, it free's up room for other things.

Also Frankie sent out a Press Release statement saying that "...Forge is not noob friendly enough, we will remove it from future Halo titles, and instead create a new mode called Halo ABC's, Where the player uses their Kinect's voice feature to say the Alphabet, and they get 10,000 EXP for every letter they get right, and bonus points for saying a letter in relation to a Halo theme, For Example... "M" is for Master Chief...."

• Like 2

Of course they will! I mean its obvious that it takes to much skill and resources... 343i just announced at E3 that they will remove Forge, because by making maps not have forge compatibility, then they can have up to twice the memory per map file, and on top of that with one of the most RAM consuming modes gone from the game, it free's up room for other things.

Also Frankie sent out a Press Release statement saying that "...Forge is not noob friendly enough, we will remove it from future Halo titles, and instead create a new mode called Halo ABC's, Where the player uses their Kinect's voice feature to say the Alphabet, and they get 10,000 EXP for every letter they get right, and bonus points for saying a letter in relation to a Halo theme, For Example... "M" is for Master Chief...."

yep seems about right

HECK NO they would be a angry fan boy rage attack at 343i offices lead by members of THFE I don't think 343i with remove forge at all what made you think they would forge is a major selling point of halo and can increase the games lifespan for a long time :thumbsup:

• Like 2

There's no way forge will get removed (I take it this discussion is a joke) they're too many forgers out there that only get Halo for the forge. That and certain affinity is trying to figure out what the community wants most out of forge already with the poll that's been started.

• Like 1

Agreed. Firefight was removed for SO, there was no point in both.

Forge removal would devastate the community, not least of all Custom games and many famous youtube channels. Just like Campaign and Multiplayer, some see it as pointless ,some the best thing that happened to the series (Me being the latter) and some don't care. But it has too large a fanbase to remove now.

Also, most people played firefight for the XP, I do not know annyone who played it because it was fun.

The removal of Forge would lead to the forgers forging a war machine to go on a rampage.

Nah, there would probably be a large influx of new Minecraft players. I'd play with my Lego blocks instead of wasting time on Minecraft.

• Like 1

I think that 343i isn't going to remove forge. I am sure that a lot of halo players buy the game for the forge. If they they think forge isn't noob friendly, then make a tutorial mode to help them. If they do get rid of forge, that 343i better get ready for a lot of angry letters

• Like 1

Well 343i may "drop forge" like they did with Halo 4, but Certain Affinity won't let them remove it. 343i didn't really work on forge, they contracted it out with CA to make it. As CA is a faction of Halo making Bungle that split off after Reach, they decided to make Forge for Halo 4 under a restricted budget (smaller than Reach's  forge development budget) and also made the map packs for Halo 4. Because Halo is one of very few console games to have this specific or large of a "forge feature," it is a big, not the biggest, but a big selling point.  

• Like 1

No 343 won't remove it otherwise halo will not continue to 6 (if there will be a halo 6) and look at the maps in halo 4 opus, black site, station 9, simplex and ect. so if 343 wants to continue the halo series which they will. They'll just have to sue me if they take out forge even we all know that won't take it out I'm just saying. All my best memories were in halo reach for forge.

• Like 1

they wont remove forge, they will just remove more stuff so we have less to forge with

think about it. halo 3 had a lot of forge objects that a player could interact with such as barrels, drum gallons, radio antennaes, ect. reach removed about half of those and halo 4 basically limited the interactable scenery to pallets, barriers, street cones, and folding chairs

unless halo 5 comes out with some new forge mode thats even awsomer than halo 4 and has a lot of interactable scenery objects, i doubt i will continue making maps (halo 5 and onwards). sure, there might be small versions for custom games, but thats about it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sure 343 will not remove it. Forge is a very important part of the Halo serie. It is fundamental for the success of the serie.

All the popular games got something for themselves that does their success: Halo is Forge mode, Call of Duty is Zombies...

This would be ridiculous from 343 if they remove Forge from Halo. Imagine this game without this awesome mode... It will be a disaster! The maps in custom game will be the same as the one in matchmaking! So it will serve to nothing to add custom game mode if they remove Forge. So people will only play matchmaking and no other things and at the end they will get bored...

Why do you think Halo Reach had a lot of players ? Because of Forge! Every day people were creating maps that were awesome. Then they were sharing it and a very big number of lobbies containing 16 people each were playing those maps. Imagine what would happen if 343 had remove Forge from Halo Reach. Instead of the 100 000 people playing Halo Reach, there would be like 20 000 people.

I assure you that 343 will not do this error.

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if they removed it. I think it would be a huge mistake, but other huge mistakes have been made. A more intelligent direction to take Forging, especially given the additional speed and storage that will be available through the cloud, would be to make things even MOAR Forge-able, like the PC version.

• 2 months later...