Halo 5 Trailer.

• 4 weeks later...

I would agree that what MC is holding is the Cortana chip.  As far as removing her completely, my guess is no (I'm hoping).  Sure a lot has been going on between her and John, but that just adds a little drama to the storyline.  For example you can have MC doing a large quest, say tracking down the origins of the Pathfinders, while still trying to save Cortana.  Personally I would be very disappointed to her gone completely (it would be ok to have us think she's gone for a chapter or so).  There are certain elements in a game (and movie for that matter) that distinguish it from good to great.  Halo 5 will be gunning for GOTY in 2014.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It did seem in the Halo 5 trailer that they have ripped off the clothing line from Destiny. But I also see many theories and possibilites on why he was in wearing those clothes. Most likely, during the explosion in Halo 4, His armor was damaged horribly. Also, I think that he was hiding something, something the UNSC would disapprove, and appearently Dr.Halsey has faith in him. Why else would Dr.Halsey show up before we could even start the Game Play? There are many possibilites but i think that he was trying to find a way to revive Cortana or find her. These are the main theories i think is the most reasoning to me, perhaps you guys have something different in mind, but I hope mine at least made you think... :)

It did seem in the Halo 5 trailer that they have ripped off the clothing line from Destiny. 

Are you sure it's not the other way around? Or maybe it was even intentional. Maybe 343i planned for that so that they could do some free advertising for Bungie, and Bungies Destiny trailers would then remind people of Halo 5. It's a win/win for both of them.

Remember, bungie was the one's who created Halo, obviously they would be in cahoots with 343 as to the trailer, for the continuation of the series they invented.

Makes me wounder what else in "Destiny" will be halo related. And vice versa...

• 4 weeks later...

Right now, Halo 5 and Titanfall are the only things swaying me towards a X1. I hope they really deliver on Halo 5!

I'd like to see huge open battles, firefight with 8+ players, get rid of all the COD influences, and a small thing...allow adjustment of sound/music!!

Right now, Halo 5 and Titanfall are the only things swaying me towards a X1. I hope they really deliver on Halo 5!

I'd like to see huge open battles, firefight with 8+ players, get rid of all the COD influences, and a small thing...allow adjustment of sound/music!!

I don't see any CoD influences I think the correct term is "certain traits of Halo 4 are derivative of other FPS titles" 

CoD was not the first or only game to have sprint, or loadouts.

Sprint and Loadouts are not really a problem for me. But I don't think there should be Ordinance drops, that is way too much like Killstreak bonuses. And armor customizations just gives the already experienced players more of an edge. All players should be on a level peg, it should come down to skill, not some random power weapon falling onto the map. We already know that Halo 5 will be 60fps, so another COD influence? I'd rather have other graphical enhancements than 60fps, its always been 30fps and never had an issues, with 60fps it'll just feel different.

I agree COD didn't come up with all of these features first, but when Black Ops 2 dropped after H4 last year, there was a massive decline in H4 players and its clearly these COD players that 343 are chasing. I just think its the wrong way to go about it. Halo 3 was nothing like COD and it had no problems. Halo needs to take a step away from the likes of COD and BF4 and be its own person again.

• 2 months later...

This is a good trailer as it provides us with a possible story for the game. In my opinion I think chief is searching for Cortana, which explains the chip and he doesn't look to surprised when he see's that machine, then his hand clenched as he was looking at it which could possibly mean he has found what he was looking for, which could be help from this thing.