NHG's Official Vehicle Suggestion Thread

Halo 5 Vehicles  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like my ideas?

• All of them!
    • Most of them.
    • Some of them.
    • None of them.

Hello everyone! NextHaloGeneration here for my suggested vehicles thread. Just read on, then comment about what you think.

Foward:

These vehicles support a new huge-team battle that is 16v16. This should work with the new counsel.

Next, all the vehicles from Halo 4 should be in Halo 5 virtually unchanged.

Human Vehicles:

Elephant-

Halo3-M312BehemothTroopTransport1-Thumb1

The Elephant was a vehicle found in a map on Halo 3, and on a campaign mission on Halo 3: ODST. It is the original, smaller form of the Mammoth in Halo 4. It has one machine gun turret to defend, and can hold one warthog or two mongooses. It is basically a moving base.

Rhino-

HaloWars-M145D-Rhino-transparent.png

The Rhino was a vehicle in Halo: Wars. It shot plasma artillery-like shots to long distances. I propose a new version of the Rhino. This Rhino will have slightly less distance, and shoot actual artillery shots instead of plasma. To shoot, you hold the shoot button to lock the Rhino in place so it can't move. Then, a screen appears with a radar that shows enemy movement (like your personal radar) throughout the map. Cross hairs can be moved to aim on certain people, and when you shoot, it fires a shot in the air that rains down on an opponent. Note the Rhino is completely helpless while aiming and locked down because it cannot move or defend itself.

Pelican-

H3_-_D77H-TCI.png

Pelicans are what everyone wants. You played them in campaign, you've seen them in every game, now it's our turn to control them. The Pelican would feature much like the controls of the one Master Chief used in Halo 4. The Pelican has one machine gun that the pilot controls, and otherwise is defenseless. Up to ten people can ride in the back of the Pelican. That's not it. Pelicans can pick up vehicles. If it hovers over an empty Warthog, Scorpion, or Rhino, the pilot can hold down a button for two seconds and it picks up the vehicle. It drops it the same way, and people can then get in and drive from a base farther out in the battle field.

Hornet-

AV-14_Hornet.png

The Hornet is back! The Hornet will remain basically unchanged since Halo 3. This is how it will work. There are three types of Hornets: an anti-infantry Hornet with a machine gun, an anti-vehicle Hornet with rockets, and a troop-transport Hornet that can hold four other people. The anti-infantry and vehicle can only hold two other people. The rockets a Hornet shoots is just like a rocket Warthog.

Warthog-

Halo3-M831TroopTransport-Thumb1024x607.p

I have two new Warthogs I would like to add. One (above) is the troop-transport Warthog. It is a Warthog without a gun on the back, and extra seats for up to five (excluding shotgun seat). This is two on each side and one in the back of the carriage. The next Warthog is the grenade-launcher Warthog, or grenade hog. It is a regular Warthog with a grenade-launcher as the turret. The grenade-launcher works like the one in Halo: Reach.

Covenant Vehicles:

Phantom-

Covenant_phantom.jpeg

The Phantom is another seen-but-not-touch vehicles. Now you can drive it. This works similar to the Pelican, except for a few things. It has a concussion rifle gun that the driver controls, and two side turrets that riders can control. There can be twelve riders including gunners on the Phantom. The Phantom can also pick up vehicles. It can pick up: two Ghosts, a Wraith, or a Revenant.

Reaper-

img001.jpg

The Reaper is a vehicle I made up for Halo 5. It has it's own thread, too. I drew the crude picture above, to show kinda what it looks like. Basically what it is is the Locust from Halo: Wars, except for some things. The Locust is an anti-building vehicle, and the Reaper is anti-infantry and anti-vehicle. The Reaper is also tri-legged when the Locust has four legs. The Reaper is armed with a concussion rifle-like shot, that can be charged for a Wraith-like shot. The Reaper is the Covenant form of the Mantis. All discussion and details on this vehicle is found here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/24123-the-reaper-the-covenant-mantis/

Wraith-

AAWraithH3.png

I would like an AA Wraith, or anti-air Wraith, in Halo 5 as well. It was in Halo 3, and it's purpose was to shoot flying vehicles. It has two tripled-barrel fuel-rod cannons that shoot at a high speed. The gun cannot look at the ground very well, meaning it is almost defenseless from infantry.

Shadow-

ShadowH2.png

The Shadow was a Covenant troop-transport vehicle from Halo 2. This vehicle is slow but strong. Its only defense is it's passengers and a plasma turret that works like the Shade turret. There was two versions that I would like to implement in Halo 5. One was the troop-transport type where the back-bottom of the vehicle has a troop carriage that can hold eight passengers. The second is one that spawns with a Ghost instead of a carriage. When the Shadow drops the Ghost, people can get in it like normal.

Revenant-

Renenantrender.png

The Revenant is back! This vehicle will remain just like it was in Halo Reach, maybe tweaked a little.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please help me by liking the thread and commenting on what you think. Got any suggestions? If so, say them below!

I will be making my weapons thread too.

The Pelican was already in Halo 4? Lol. And I think the Reaper would be pretty cool to see. But I'm pretty sure we're going to be done fighting the covenant here shortly.

On one level you flew a version of the Pelican (The one with the side turrets and Scorpion top turret, and it was loaded with weapons). And I'm sure the  Covenant will be beaten some time, any maybe in Halo 5, but I think the humans and Covenant should have one final, huge battle with their new upgraded vehicles.

This poll shows that people want the Specter, not the Revenant. The latter in my opinion was overpowered and a bit too easy to use; it can strafe, one-shot people with a mortar that gas splash damage, flip over Warthogs, and boost away to safety. The Specter requires more teamwork like the Falcon, which is also a vehicle of hot debate.

Versus Volume I: Vehicles - http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/29197-versus-volume-i-vehicles/

Also, I agree that the "Covenant" will "eventually" be defeated (they were actually dissolved several decades before Reach--every game we have been fighting radical factions), it is doubtful that their vehicles will ever be disused. The Arbiter and his vast group of followers share the same vehicles and are actually more powerful than the Storm as well as more passive.

I think your ideas are good mí amigo but the "reaper" looks abit too OP and the UNSC doesn't seem to have anything to counter it.

As for the "Troop Transport Hog" I think in Multi-Player it would be useless especially since a well placed Spartan Laser or Rocket could land an easy Kill-trocity as It has no weapons, to put it into perspective --> :splaser: 

Also I agree with ForgeMonitor on the Revenant/Spectre debate