Should The Lightrifle and Covenant Carbine  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the lightrifle as load out weapon in SWAT?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you like to see the Covenant Carbine as a load out weapon in SWAT?

• Yes
    • No

Carbine is too fast in its RoF, and would be OP as hell. So absolutely not.
And light rifle is too Op since its accurate long and far. With its burst and single firing mode.
No to both

I can see how the Carbine would overpower the DMR at close range, but other than that, the BR would probably beat it due to the 3 round burst.

That said, I would have to hope the Light Rifle stays out due to it's sheer power at long range and easy 3 round burst.

I can kinda see where the Carbine would be a bit OP, but I'd like to see it in action before I judge it.
Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa

I can see how the Carbine would overpower the DMR at close range, but other than that, the BR would probably beat it due to the 3 round burst. 

As for the Light Rifle, it's only as accurate as the DMR at long range with a burst mode that can only be used while scoped-out.

That said, I would have to hope the Light Rifle stays out due to it's sheer power and easy 3 round burst.

The carbine would easily kill a whole team in seconds, you can't do that with a BR

I think they look a Swat way to lineally. You can play Swat with any single fire weapon. Just have 'Carbine Swat', 'Swat Light'(...for those who want less calories), Swat Bolt, etc. Just match up so each team uses the same weapons, it is that simple.  Who cares what the weapon is.......it all about, or should be, who is most proficient with the various weapons and employs the best tactics. To me that was the heart of Halo.

• Like 3

the carbine would be a devastating weapon in swat. It has a good amount of lethal distance and the rate of fire is insane. In this case, i believe that it would be an overpowered weapon.

the light rifle would work as a balance between the DMR and BR. the slow rate of fire with 3 shot bursts from the BR, and the sheer distance of the scoped DMR. this weapon could definately find its place in swat

• Like 1

Well it would seem most everyone thinks both the lightrifle and carbine would be OP, but want them in SWAT somewhat, should 343 implement the Carbine and Lightrifle into SWAT as Ordnance drops? For example there be two SWAT gametypes  one being SWAT (this would have the Lightrifle and Carbine as ordnance drops) and SWAT Pro (this is SWAT right now). Would this balance it? By the way I mean initial ordnance drops not personal.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...