halo mmorpg ?

alright so ive been playing halo since it first came out and i have many ideas of what i think good games will be for the halo story but this idea really got me thinking. 

we've all probably played runescape at one point in our lives and why dnt halo do something like that but for the new generation xbox ... the xbox one.

how would this work well it wouldn't be a direc copy of games like runescape as u would have greater control and opportunity's it wouldn't just be on one planet it would be on thousands and u can be  covernant or human. 

you can be fleet or soldier and each type you rise up the ranks buy soldiers ships etc... build an empire and rule the galaxy peacefully or by force. set up your own economy .. trade markets and have your own character to walk around with. 

everyone starts at a low level within the unsc or covernant and can decide what they do. to serve and get paid by doing mission or to go at it alone leave the service and explore.

this idea offers alot of things form having different Armour different technology different ships, guns, and planets. 

you also don't have to stop their why not allow users to build and design their own ships only have us choose what we want on it if we can afford it of course. 

please leave any comments on what u think of this idea and any things you think could be added.

I never played Runescape so I can't relate to what you're talking about but overall i think this is a good idea, except ruling the galaxy by either being a human or covenant just wouldn't fit in the game's storyline. Instead of doing that why don't we have a mmorpg where people complete missions together or fight other people just like halo, only in 3rd person. You could either be a covenant and you get to choose your race or become a human and advance through the ranks. Any other thought? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

alright so ive been playing halo since it first came out and i have many ideas of what i think good games will be for the halo story but this idea really got me thinking. 

we've all probably played runescape at one point in our lives and why dnt halo do something like that but for the new generation xbox ... the xbox one.

how would this work well it wouldn't be a direc copy of games like runescape as u would have greater control and opportunity's it wouldn't just be on one planet it would be on thousands and u can be  covernant or human. 

you can be fleet or soldier and each type you rise up the ranks buy soldiers ships etc... build an empire and rule the galaxy peacefully or by force. set up your own economy .. trade markets and have your own character to walk around with. 

everyone starts at a low level within the unsc or covernant and can decide what they do. to serve and get paid by doing mission or to go at it alone leave the service and explore.

this idea offers alot of things form having different Armour different technology different ships, guns, and planets. 

you also don't have to stop their why not allow users to build and design their own ships only have us choose what we want on it if we can afford it of course. 

please leave any comments on what u think of this idea and any things you think could be added.

Unfortunatly Friend this idea was in development but was cancelled. You can read about it here  http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Untitled_Halo_MMO

Well, I have never played Runescape, but I agree. 343 and Microsoft should make an MMORPG of Halo. But note this would take a VERY long time to make considering how neither of them have made many - if not any MMORPGs

The only problem with this is that Halo is a linear series. Making it into an RPG would just ruin it. Halo isn't really MMORPG material let other games like Star Wars or WoW do that. 

Not to mention 343i would never develop a MMORPG they would probably outsource it like what happened with Halo Wars