What Is The Average Kill Death Ratio In H4?

BenevolentImperator

I'd say the average is <1.0 mainly because of how random the game types are. In BTB and regular slayer my K/D is a lot higher than in flood. So it all just depends

Yeah same here, exept its mainly king of the hill that sends my K/D spread down the hole but its one of my fav game types so screw it. 

I don't think there's anyway of tracking the total average of user K/D Ratio unless 343 Industries/Waypoint themselves release a bulletin showing the stats Halo 4 has to offer.

I know from my own experience my lowest K/D Ratio is 1.1 or something in Grifball but my highest being 3.0 in Dominion. So it varies a lot.

If you want to go for a very strict law of averages, the mean K/D ratio is slightly less than one. 

For every kill you get, someone has to die. That means if 10,000 kills have been made, 10,000 deaths have been recorded. In pratice deaths are always a bit higher, as betrayals and suicides incur deaths without adding to the 'kill' counts of individual players, but strict mathematical laws says that the most average player in the world will have one kill per death.

Realistically, most players will have a K/D anywhere between about 0.8 and 1.5. If you're below  a 0.8 K/D ratio, yours is below average: if you're above 1.5, yours is above average. If yours is between those two, you're pretty average. The simple fact is that due to the laws of maths, your K/D is always more likely to be heading toward 1 than away from it.

Even then, there's no point making sweeping judgements about players based on their K/D alone. It's pretty easy to get a strong K/D if you make heavy use of power weapons or vehicles, or if you play a lot of Objective games: you'll have a particularly good time if you play a lot of Flood mode and have a strong connection. Likewise, a weaker connection or playing a great deal of infantry-based Slayer is a good way to get your K/D to about 1, as it's simply very, very difficult to get a lot of kills in Slayer unless you're willing to accept quite a few deaths, too.

• Like 3

If you want to go for a very strict law of averages, the mean K/D ratio is slightly less than one. 

For every kill you get, someone has to die. That means if 10,000 kills have been made, 10,000 deaths have been recorded. In pratice deaths are always a bit higher, as betrayals and suicides incur deaths without adding to the 'kill' counts of individual players, but strict mathematical laws says that the most average player in the world will have one kill per death.

Realistically, most players will have a K/D anywhere between about 0.8 and 1.5. If you're below  a 0.8 K/D ratio, yours is below average: if you're above 1.5, yours is above average. If yours is between those two, you're pretty average. The simple fact is that due to the laws of maths, your K/D is always more likely to be heading toward 1 than away from it.

Even then, there's no point making sweeping judgements about players based on their K/D alone. It's pretty easy to get a strong K/D if you make heavy use of power weapons or vehicles, or if you play a lot of Objective games: you'll have a particularly good time if you play a lot of Flood mode and have a strong connection. Likewise, a weaker connection or playing a great deal of infantry-based Slayer is a good way to get your K/D to about 1, as it's simply very, very difficult to get a lot of kills in Slayer unless you're willing to accept quite a few deaths, too.

But most people forget about guest accounts and how they should not count, reason being that say if I was a guest on someone else's Xbox, those stats don't go towards my personal account. And people who kill me are killing a guest, but get by a guest, and those stats aren't saved away.

But on your last note, may be hard to get many kills in slayer, but not for all ;)

• Like 1

By definition the average has to be somewhere around 1.0, but since there are ways to die without getting a kill and no ways to get a kill without someone dying (Vehicles don't count towards your career K/D I don't think, at least if I was calculating it they wouldn't.) the average would actually be something like 0.99999. All the kills and deaths in the game have to be account for and spread amongst the players, the average has to be around 1.0, and can't be far from it.

It's worth noting that you can get at least 3 different K/Ds from Halowaypoint. They'll list your career K/D on your war games page, they'll list another in a stats summary that's immediately available upon seeing your gamertag, and you'll get your own third K/D from looking at your total kills and deaths in War Games and doing the math yourself. I don't know why the three numbers are different, perhaps they update at different times and/or use different criteria, but I know that the numbers don't line up. Mine ranged from 1.49ish to 1.72ish when I discovered this discrepancy. I suspect the one was using destroyed vehicles or something similar among your kills, but I can't be sure.

Keep in mind also that most stat-tracking systems couldn't or wouldn't bother tracking this accurately, because to do so you need to track multiple kill reports and all the guests people bring. A guest could come into a game and go -99 and that means the enemy team collectively just got a 99 kill boost to their average K/D, but that guest and their stats will vanish as soon as the players logs off.

Actually with that in mind I'll correct my earlier statement and say that the average is probably still right around 1.0, because overall guests probably contribute kills to the player population without contributing their deaths (Because the player who gets the kill carries the kill stat, but the player who died to create that kill carries the death stats, so the guest deaths leave the community pool but the kills stay). Certainly there are guests who go positive, but overall they probably go negative. Teamkills contribute deaths to the pool but no kills.

It's all getting very interesting to me which means it's time for me to shut up. As soon as you feel your inner numbers-nerd start talking and you want to share every cool detail you thought of... you know no one wants to hear it.

Edited by Bloody Initiate