Updraft

Chronmeister

Updraft

Gamertag: Chronmeister

Optimal Player Count: 8-16

Supported Gametypes: Slayer, KOTH, CTF, Extraction

Ordnance: Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher, SAWx2, Shotgunx2, Needlerx2, Sticky Detonator

Vehicles: Mantisx2, Mongoosex2, Ghostx2, Banshee

32164774.jpg

93873547.jpg15707073.jpg

59219559iut.jpg

72743402.jpg

52598403.jpg

79250101.jpg

u10i.jpg

Download it here. Let me know how you like the map. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I took a look at this in forge earlier and compiled some thoughts. 

• My biggest concern with the map is how tall the buildings are and how much control they have over the map. While players are exposed to other players on the rooftop areas as well as to the banshee, any players down below and any of the ground vehicles are at a large disadvantage. Besides dropping down to grab weapons or use the man cannons/ center lift I see no reason to go down at all. If one team can control the center building and their own base, not to mention the banshee, they should have little trouble dominating the map.

• Lines of sight on the ground weren't horrible, but they were still a bit open. Your map had quite a lot of tall rooftops but the ground level was still fairly open and flat. A better solution than these huge buildings would be smaller ones with structures that break up the height of the flooring, such as raised up areas with ramps connecting to them. This would help break up lines of sight for more varied encounters. 

• It is generally a good idea nowadays to use initial ordnance drops instead of weapons on the map. Especially with a competitive map this large players will spend more time looking for weapons than playing. It's not necessarily a rule, but it has become a standard to use these instead of on map weapons. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback. I have given players on the ground 4 fully loaded plasma pistols to counter the vehicles. They should be easy enough to find as I think all weapons on the map are. Two replaced the two needlers and the other two are inside the small containers on the other side of the map.