Favorite & Least Favorite Halo 4 Map?

DN2012

Hey guys! I was wondering, what are your favorite and least favorite Halo 4 maps? I for one believe that MOST of the maps are flawless in design and game play, but I still have a few maps that I don't like. So what are your favorite and least favorite maps?

My favorite map is probably Complex. There is just something about that map that others don't have. I find that it has a very good design aesthetically , and it also has a very good flow of players on it. Vehicles also are restricted to lower parts of the which is very nice, plus it has many good hiding spots that can be attacked strategically. I also find the energy sword at the center to be a nice addition. It is perfectly places so that in order to get it, you must sacrifice your ability to not be shot. Overall it is an amazing map.

My least favorite map is probably Settler based on Ravine. It seems to be an easy map for campers as they can go up to the cliff side in a group of 3 and it becomes impossible to kill them. They also seems to have to many spots where snipers can be hidden from sight. The overall design of the map also seemed to be a little unpleasant to me. Also, one team on the map spawns next to the huge cave and that can be a very easy camping spot. Overall, I was dissapointed with this map.

• Like 1

I don't know if the DLC maps count, but if they do it's a lot harder because I just can't pick out a favourite from the majestic maps. I guess as an absolute favourite I'd have to go for Skyline, because it's just so much crazy fun for small teams and free for alls.

Without the dlc, I'd probably go for Abandon, because it's really well balanced and just tends to play really well. Some of the sightlines in the corridors could do with being broken up a bit, but overall it's definitely a personal favourite and I always look forward to playing it :D

Least favourite map is probably Meltdown. I like the concept, but it just doesn't seem to work properly. I can't really put my finger on exactly why it feels so broken, there's just something about it that doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's because there just isn''t a very good balanced between infantry and vehicles, and in dominion the central base is way too exposed. Could be a lack of mid-map power points, too, and that the bases at either end just don't flow very well.

Nice topic^^

I actually agree, I also like complex a lot, its just a real nice, balanced map. You can run around with your Carbine, BR and Dmr or sit back with a lightrifle. regardless of which weapon you pick, youre never OP or completely destroyed, you just need to find a proper way of approaching your enemies. Love that map.

One map I REALLY hate is the new designed Meltdown. Its gotten so much worse with all these fuel-rods. They have such a high rate of fire and literally no splash damage what caues players just to camp in the bases and shoot you in the face from close range when you go through the entrance... and after that, they get ordnances. I mean, it was a lot better when there were 2 ininneration-cannons instead of the 3 fuel-rods since you couldnt fire them in close-range without commiting suicide. Tnis provided that you got your ordnance way later. Now I just feel that about in the middle of a BTB-match the whole battlefield is just flooded with power-weapons what makes it just so unbalanced and insufferable.

• 4 months later...

I think my favorite map would be Adrift.

For the love of god... I hate Haven and Settler sooo much. I just feel like Haven is too open. Plus everyone just HAVE To pick it all the friggin' time.

I just downright hate Settler. It gets picked all the time, and the Sniper Ridge area is pretty annoying. I usually had terrible games on Settler so if I had better games on it more often Id probably like it more.

I have to agree with "Self Descruct"

I think my favorite map would be Adrift.

For the love of god... I hate Haven and Settler sooo much. I just feel like Haven is too open. Plus everyone just HAVE To pick it all the friggin' time.

I just downright hate Settler. It gets picked all the time, and the Sniper Ridge area is pretty annoying. I usually had terrible games on Settler so if I had better games on it more often Id probably like it more.

• Like 1

Favorite: Haven or Skyline

Hated: Settler

But honestly, I wouldn't consider them "favorites." Favorites would be Sanctuary, Midship, or The Pit. Almost all dev made maps in Halo 4 are extremely mediocre in terms of their core design and layout.

The best maps in Halo 4 consist of Forge maps created by the lovely community.

• 4 months later...

My favourite map is Skyline. As a CQC deceiver kind of player (Assault Rifle + Hologram combo works very effectively), this map seems perfect for me. My least favourite map was Harvest. The vehicles were pretty much useless as everyone camps in the centre structure. The centre structure is also very overpowered. If the enemy team has control of it, they will constantly spawn-trap you, it's horrible.

I like multiple maps (is that allowed?)

The ones I really enjoy are Haven, Adrift and Exile.

The ones I don't really like are Solace and Vortex.

I don't really have an explaination for these choices, it's just the way it is.