DLC Playlist Coming Anytime Soon?

Trifle10

you would think that the following week after Castle was released, there would be a DLC Playlist for the 9 maps of the map packs (not including Forge Island) [which didnt happen]

its such a hassle to have to switch to different playlists to play a couple of maps

*remember: these are just theories of what could happen until 343 says and does something*

the quotes below are from the waypoint forum

BATMAN 1ST: My guess is that after a few months that the Castle DLC playlist will be retired in favor of a DLC playlist that contains all the map packs

x GansterNo1 x: The whole problem could be solved very easily if there was an option in H4 that allowed us to choose whether we want to be matched with other players regardless of what - if any - DLC they have, or just with people who also bought the map packs. That way there wouldn't even be any need for seperate DLC-only playlists. Instead you could keep on playing the playlist(s) you want and would still get to play on DLC maps

PedroNeco360: Well, I can guarantee you that I find DLC maps on some playlists quite frequently, But it is not enough

SensoryFour34: Here's the biggest problem: how big would the playlist size be? Crimson was designed for 8v8, Castle for 6v6, and Majestic for 4v4. How would they put them all into one playlist?

just because a dlc map choice appears at voting, doesnt mean it will get voted for or recieve the most votes

the quotes below are from various different sites while looking for any useful info

I rarely ever get dlc maps on any game variant. I'm guessing a lot of people just don't have them

best way to find them is to party up with friends and recent players who have them or get lucky...which sucks because i have them

i just want to play dlc maps

Do you think it is possible they will eventually remove the Castle DLC playlist and put in a list that would require all 3 map packs and play those 9 maps solely?

I do not recall what Bungie did at the end of the dlc run in Reach. 343 might just copy what they did.

My hope though would be they just release all the DLC free in a month or so. Remove the dlc required playlists and get better (as in more choices) in the normal rotations

chances are they will just remove the dlc only playlists and claim its to "cut down on time spent searching for matches"

the only way to get a DLC map to show up in the voting rounds is everyone that gets matched up, has to have the DLC maps. If one person doesn't have any map packs (the map pack for the required playlist maps), then you're stuck voting for default maps, which can get annoying for those who have the dlc required

i dont see how this quote fits into this

"three or four months after a map pack goes online, most "core" playlists like Infinity Slayer and Big Team Infinity Slayer should be made DLC-mandatory, just like Halo 3"

after the last quote listed, the only thing that came up in searches was informaton relating to the different dlc map packs such as the maps, achievements, and reviews

at this time, all we can really do is make different theories and guess

Well I found this in the 5.29.13 Bulletin on Halowaypoint...

(From either BS Angel or Bravo)

In an effort to always offer DLC content in Matchmaking, we are happy to announce that the Majestic DLC playlist will return next week as the “featured DLC” playlist. We will continue to offer a variety of DLC maps in this slot, and may update the game types, maps, and even team sizes moving forward to keep DLC content fresh and available in Halo 4 Matchmaking. The Community Forge Island playlist will be retired, as the maps will return to the hands of the talented Forgers who created them so that they can be fine-tuned and possibly integrated into existing playlists

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is a load of bull. I like the Majestic Maps more than 90% of the rest of them. I paid for them, I should be able to play them when I free time, not when they're in rotation. Make a dlc-slayer playlist. They just cycle in on slayer anyway. Even if people vote for Castle or Crimson maps I'll get to at least see Skyline or Landfall as an option. I still haven't played any Crimson maps yet.

How hard is it to implement a dlc playlist? They do it all the time with the other playlist types.

because they are too lazy nerfing all the good playlists like dominion to even care for the dlc which they rushed to get out for a record of most dlc released in a year. if they really cared about the players, they would get up off their easy chairs and make dlc playlists as a permanent option instead of a 1 week temporary revival. 343 has screwed 75% of its players. you have to have every piece of dlc to even get a slim chance of voting for it and that is if the dlc maps are in the rotations