The Elites of Halo 5

I love the elites and I havnt really seen many ideas for armor IF they come back. But i for one want to see these two armors from Halo 2 brought back. I want to know what most of you think on the armors for elites if they return to matchmaking. For the people who are artist you should post any kind of armor ideas you come up with for exposure. I really want the elites back and 343 to understand that a lot of us do too.

post-72564-0-30050800-1370056746.jpg

post-72564-0-42486900-1370056755_thumb.jpg

I think it would be interesting to have honor guard armor in multiplayer for Halo 5. The hitbox around the helmet spikes would have to be eliminated, preventing enemies from getting easy headshots. I also thought it would be interesting to have elites wearing armor with robes or quilts of some ceremonial kind, maybe like a councilor in silver or golden armor with a red quilt covering the right side of his torso, like how medieval Knights used to wear satin cloth over their armor displaying their heraldry and sigil. 

Oh, elites how we have missed you. Well in Halo 4 the elites in that are supposed to be wearing armour from sanghelios I reckon it'd be cool if the two elite groups were split up.

- Arby's elites have Ascetic, Commando and the Halo 3 armours whereas M'dama's Elites have the armours from Halo 4   

I reckon the whole Elites-in-multiplayer/hitbox issue can be remedied if all the competitive/ranked playlists have the option (like in Reach's amazing custom game type options) to force a player to be a Spartan. That way we can have them in machinimas, custom games, and casual multiplayer without having the hitboxes interfere with really competitive games, because that was one of the reasons 343i didn't make multiplayer Elites a priority from the beginning.

True, but if they would only be used for machinimas and custom games, it would be unlikely for them to see it as a priority now, either. If they brought back something like Invasion and then built upon it ( in my opinion, a GoW-style "OverRun" mode would be amazing), then they could certainly have Elites return, as well as being able to play as Brutes, Jackals, and Grunts... Heck, with a gamemode like that, why stop there! There's Drones, Hunters, and Prometheans to add to the mix. :)

This would also mean individual hitboxes for all of these, which shouldn't be too difficult, considering they would already have them for the Campaign.

• Like 2

The second image looks really cool, but the first one might pose some issues with hit boxes.

The first one is badass - the elite honor guard, the best of the best, the elite of the elites. I always loved those guys in H2. The second one - the heretic - looks pretty awesome also. Its interesting how the Remnant are essentially the same faction that you fight as Arbiter in the H2 level "Oracle," and yet they have different armor. 

Actually, they are about as different as you can get. The Heretics in Halo 2 were against the lies told by the Prophets and fought to oppose the Covenant's goal of activating the Halo Array. The "Storm" Covenant Remnant in Halo 4 are still following the Prophet-made religion to an extent, trying to seize the Forerunner technology to decimate Humanity and the Elites that oppose them.

• Like 1