I have a couple of simple ideas for the loadout system in Halo 5...

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which system do you like best?

• UNSC/AA combo
    • Logical Primary/AA combo
    • Familiar Reach system
    • MINE! LOOK AT MINE! ITZ BETTAR!

We all know Loadouts are just another hassle in Halo as they are. Those Tactical packages and Support Upgrades just seem out of place and hard to perfect! Aaaannnnd we all know it'd be kind of weird for 343 to just revert to a Reach styled system, much less the classic Halo system after only one game. it'd make Halo 4 look like a simple test bed that wasn't actually a game! Yeah, didn't think of it like that did you? Well, just take a gander at mah ideas for Halo 5's system that would even have the classic kiddies purring.

1. This system would ring a bell for the classic folks. You only choose a UNSC Primary and Secondary alongside an AA, if AA's return. This could be done either while spawning as a three page process or as a Halo 4 type system in which you make 5 combos.

2.  Same as above, but with all logical primary and secondary guns. A Halo 4 type system, but without those annoying TP's and SU's.

3. Or, contrary to what I stated in the first paragraph, just a simple Reach system that gives everyone the same guns but lets them choose an AA. Classic folks would fawn over this one.

I personally think the first two stand a better chance, but 343 may just continue with this system that I find out of place. Who knows? What do you think of my ideas? Got an idea yourself? Lets hear it!

Oh, and have a vote on which of these three you like best!

• Like 1

I think there should be a game type in matchmaking with only one load-out: Assault Rifle, Magnum, and Frags 2x. This next part would only work in Halo 4 (assuming ordnance doesn't return). When you fill up the ordnance meter, you are given three options in descending order of ordinal weight: BR/Carbine/DMR/LR, Plasma Pistol/Stickies/Boltshot, Assorted AAs. In this way, it is very unlikely that an unskilled player will have more than one asset that could break the game. A player can't have a Plasma Pistol and Stickies at the same time through ordnance or load-outs, so Warthogs are safer. Neither will a player have a DMR and Boltshot combo to dominate in all ranges with ease. Notice how the system encourages players to work towards better weapons in a balanced manner, rather than gifting them with power weapons and destroying their incentive to work for kills. This is the only way load-outs or ordnance can work in Halo together.

I actually like having the load outs and tactical packages. They add another dimension to strategizing. I'd like it if some of the load out weapons were toned down a bit so they wouldn't be better than finding a weapon on the map.

The problem I have with it is...well, I never minded the idea before, but after playing, these features don't belong in Halo just yet. The Tactical packages should have been in a later game or something. We had a dramatic jump from just AA's to choosing all kinds of strategies before we even play. Halo was never about planning your whole match before the game. it was about everyone being on equal footing in any situation they stumbled upon. It was about the strategy coming in during the match. Not before. I don't like how my Loadouts have a dramatic effect on my sniping abilities compared to my buddy's across the way. The packages do, true to their name, keep from making unskilled players dominate, but they make changes that never should have been made.

If you ask me, Halo 4 made us blind. I, along with others, couldn't wait for it. Now, I feel as if it isn't quite what it should be. I love change, but change in this manner wasn't what I thought it was...

And...I can't believe I just complained about a Halo game, wholeheartedly. The very first time...

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa
  • Like 1

i agree that it does need to be balanced also i only really want the reach jet pack pack because i played with a friends the other day at his house and we did team slayer and i usually suck at it but this time i as the best on the team, anyways i just really want is the reach jetpack and i honestly don't care which ranking system we have id prefer reach or halo 3

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think that loadouts should be scrapped. The Halo games that have them have been criticized for having problems with their gameplay elements. I believe that's because of the fact players don't spawn on equal footing. They're no longer scavenging the map for something better to use. There has been a risk/reward element to the games prior to the addition of loadouts, and is no longer as prevalent. It is especially noticeable in Halo 4, when you see people with N00B combos as their loadout, not to mention Plasma Grenades at spawn. I do like Armor Abilities, however. I think they are a refined version of Halo 3's Equipment, but don't think they should be equipped at spawn. Having them positioned on the map, akin to power weapons of sorts, would mean players would go after them and they could have a bigger impact on the actual dynamics of gameplay. After all, sometimes less is more.

• Like 1

I believe that load outs should be taken out, allow for the game to be more organized rather then randomize it. Have weapons and armor abilities in set locations on set timers and allow the game to be taken back to the competitive stat it was always known for. Having one person who gets 5 kills and then uses an ordnance drop and receives rockets while another person gets an ordinance drop and it has sticks causes to much of unpredictability that and removes all sense of competitiveness out of the game play itself. Just my take on that matter. 

• Like 1

I prefer Reach's TBH, though i do like the ability to have my own... it'd be better if we could switch back time and go back to good old Halo 3 "loadouts" in which it's all available on the the battlefield and we choose it;

mine was often SMG, BR, regen, Inc. Grenades and frag  

-or-

SMG, Sniper/Rockets, Trip Mine, sticky's