ghost town

guardian

narrows

the pit

Valhalla

halo reach

battle canyon

boardwalk

forge world (asylum, pinnacle, the cage, pulse 2, synapse 2 and eden minor)

power house

halo 4

abandon

adrift (optional)

erosion (black site)

haven

impact (station 9, relay and scythe)

monolith

predition

ravine (v3 simplex, assault, bloodthirsty, opus, plaza and serenity)

solace

skyline

just my favorite maps (never played halo and halo 2)

armor effect

heart attack

weather

pestilence

stances

halo 4

assassin

last stand

assault

believe

stand off

breach

recruit

gender/look

male

female

elite

forerunner

tell me what you like out of each one or what should/shouldn't be added to halo 5 (long list I know)

• Like 1

Wow, this is very detailed. I have to agree with you on the Arbiter's return. Halo 3 introduces us to the alliance of him and the Master Chief, so it's as if they "belong" together. I also would like to see the gadgets from Halo 3. Halo Reach's playable elites brought a new viewpoint to the game. I think they should return, along with an armory like the Spartans. As far as weapons go, I pretty much agree with what you have, and dual-wielding should be added to Halo 5, in my opinion.

Honestly....I hated fighting the flood in halo 3 because they gave me heart attacks, but it would be an impressive feature.

I'm a horror fanatic. I normally watch Horror Genre movies, as well as play Horror genre games. One of my favorite games is Fear 2, absolutely an amazing game I love to play.

Let's be honest here, most likely we will see him return one way or another. Not sure if playable but w/e.

SPOILERS BELOW!

I see things in a different perspective, if you look at Halo CE, the player was on it's mission as a lone wolf most of the time, there were little reinforcements around, the showoff of the flood species as a new enemy type, the death for captain keys, last mission being a drive-through mission and so on... Halo 2, we got the brutes, the arbiter as a playable character, two storylines crossing each others paths. Halo 3, alliance was formed between two different species, we got the arbiter as a co-op partner in some parts of the game, which was all awesome stuff.

^^^^^This was the first franchise of the Halo universe, everything else is discarded from the list (even Reach).

Now look at the way things are going with the new Halo franchise, Halo 4, while not being the great hit i was expecting it to become, it managed to follow a similiar pattern from previous titles, most importantly Halo CE. If you look closely, Halo 4 introduced a new enemy type, which is on par with the elites themselves, if not stronger already. The flood, were exactly the samething in the past when introduced as a new enemy.

Not only that, we got the death of our own AI companion, which was an important character to the series, captain keys was somehow important too, not on the same level but still something to consider.

The last mission on Halo CE was a runaway on wheels, the last mission on halo 4 was a runaway on wings... Halo CE focused in little reinforcements throughout the campaign, leaving the player a lone wolf most of the time, Halo 4 got the same treatment as you can see.

I can expect to see Halo 5 try and follow some standards set in Halo 2 itself, Halo 2 was my favourite in the series so far. I hope Halo 5 manages to make me reconsider the first spot in the series. These standards could be a new physical companion to show up in a way or another (could be the arbiter or not, though it would make more sense for that to be something new), said companion would be playable like the arbiter. I even wonder if precursors will eventually show off in the series, they aren't completly annihilated from what i know. I suspect we might see another alien race making an appearence again, be it new or not.

Plus i do consider Halo 2 to be the darkest of the first franchise, the war inside the covenant itself, complete massacre then the flood showed up to make it even worst. Those were pretty dark moments. Halo 3 was also evil to some extent with the flood appearance. 

i like the ideas but i just have one question, why are there two of the same threads explained differently? there are the same thread with the same name but different things in them as well as a few of the same

well at that time I didn't think about the campaign until later that day so I made a  new list and I should of put (campaign) in the title.

Good ideas, but this thread is quite redundant; you should be posting this in "The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 thread". In addition to saving space and make the forum look more professional, your ideas have a better chance of being seen on the official thread as it is pinned. Keep typing.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/22813-the-official-what-you-do-and-do-not-want-in-halo-5-thread/