Halo RPG

xV0LKx

So I have been thinking for a while that 343 should branch out a bit and make a halo R.P.G somewhat like mass effect where you can play as a marine or Spartan and go through Spartan training as a kid like they really did or start out as a fresh marine and move up ranks to become a ODST or part of ONI ops. the halo universe is to big to continue to just focus on just one or two people. I am sure there are many people who have read the first book and know the there is a lot of things that have happened and could have happened that we just don't know. if you like this idea comment and maybe we can get 343 to try something in the future.  

• Like 2

I dont know about an RPG. But your idea seem's to sound similar to ODST. And I love ODST. Actually, I love Reach, ODST, and Halo Wars. :heart:

Why? Because they are all different than that of the main person/story. But if they made it, I would most likely play it. :D

• Like 2

A full blooded Halo RPG would be hard to pull off.

I mean how much could you really do outside of missions and minor side missions?

Racing, battle your friends with unique weapons and upgrades found on the battle field or bought from a merchant. Customize your wharthog, armor, weapons, and ai unit(Cortana). The possibilities are nearly endless.

• Like 3

Hmmm.....

I didn't think about the customizing part, I would love that idea. :D

I wanna customize my own Warthog and all the other vehicles at that thought. 

And I could really, really enjoy customizing my very own AI. :D

• Like 2

Ahh, so you wanna it placed during one of the 4 older games that were out and not after Halo 3?
What if they put it at the time between 3 and 4 and you had like a free mode to go around space and discover new planets and stuff? Maybe new species?

Edited by Smokin Shadowz

Ahh, so you wanna it placed during one of the 4 older games that were out and not after Halo 3?

What if they put it at the time between 3 and 4 and you had like a free mode to go around space and discover new planets and stuff? Maybe new species?

Yeah, that'd be epic! It really doesn't matter to me when the story takes place. It'd be great to discover new species or save new species from extermination by the covenant/forerunners/flood <whichever one works best ;)

so... startrek?

i do love the idea and i wouldn't mind it. actually i just read an article about a new halo game possibly coming out but only for PC it would be called halo bootcamp. its been confirmed  by MC and it is going to be about being either an ODST and or marine during the fall of reach and meeting some of chiefs other spartans then you get saved and you just fight trying to survive the fall of reach with the spartans but thats all i know, I'm just assuming thats what its about because there is a small explanation of it in the new on this forum, i assume it ends after the first halo event, when johnson and chief meet up go to reach and find you and some of the other spartans. but this all my assumption so don't get me wrong

• Like 1

I would SO be down for a Halo rpg videogame! :animier:  I've actually thought about it a lot (many pages of an incomplete Halo MB/P&PRPG ruleset can attest to that), and I think what Bungie is doing with Destiny may (may) have been what they wanted to do with Halo if Microsoft never owned it.

Wouldn't that be something. :heart:

• Like 1

I have ideas but I am way to lazy to post them so I will say that this game would (if done right) could bring the halo universe back to life. (Not that it is dead, it's just...sick...) I like the ideas but it would need to be indirectly associated with MC. I will say one idea. 

Scene: space

The carrier the protagonists are on  pass by  a piece of  another UNSC ship..

Marine 1: (looking at the ship through a window.) Hey do ya reckon there is anyone still on that half of ship? (Takes a drink of coffee)

Marine 2: Nah it's just space junk. (Turns to walk away, stops.) Ya comin?

Marine 1: yeah but what if there IS somebody or something on it?

Marine 2: it would be dead. Unless it was in a cryochamber.

Marine 1: yeah it is odd to think something or someone is in THAT.( walks away)

Ship rolls over it says Forward Unto Dawn...

END SCENE.............

Do you like it?

How many times has this idea passed through my mind?

Only a couple of thousand XD

Alright, serious time. First of all, is there a market for this a halo game of this kind? Halo is a shooter series, and the attempt to branch out from that into another was a failure. I'm looking at you halo wars... (I enjoyed it, but there was so many problems with it.) I don't think this could ever happen because of this. I wish it would, I'd buy it, but I don't think others would.

A halo RPG or MMO rpg would be really great. I mean, the chief is cool and all, but making our own characters and thrusting them into the universe would be great. Personally I would lean more to it being an MMORPG. Whichever it is, I want LOTS of customization options. Nothing is more annoying than walking up to a character to find they look EXACTLY the same as your character.

I think an Halo MMO, with large amounts of players waging war across the galaxy, would be epic. I think the time period most suitable for this is the human-covenant war as it is the time period that the most is known about and which is therefore easiest to do. Upon entering character creation you decide whether you are fighting for the UNSC or for the covenant. The majority of the game is meant to be player controlled, that is, the officers are players, the soldiers are players. These a supplemented by NPC's where required, but I think having a game where the players are in control of the factions is pretty cool. You are meant to obey the characters that are higher ranked than you, not doing this may result in a 'court martial' (Or an 'inquisition', for the covenant) in which your character might get demoted from their position.

Personally, I wouldn't like another 'world of warcraft' combat clone. Have halo how is should be, still a first person shooter. Level ups don't make you 'invulnerable master of doom' but rather allow you to pick a perk from a skill tree which slightly enhances your characters abilities. Example:

Race: Human (Spartan)

Perk: Enhanced speed

Description: They've always been faster

Effect: Your movement speed is increased by 10%

Or

Race: Brute

Perk: Blood lust

Description: Grind them into dust!

Effect: Boost to berserker rage. Increased your berserk movement speed by 5% and your berserk melee damage by 10%

See? A boost which gives them an advantage, but doesn't make them bad ass just for leveling up. Therefore, people who are skilled at the game will still be able to beat higher levels if that player isn't skilled.

A single player halo RPG would be cool too. Like mass effect and halo put together (Result: Awesomeness).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love the thought of a Halo RPG. There are endless possibilities. 

Now, there are many ways to do it.

--You could wing it and throw everything together and let the player decide what they wanna do (Skyrim - my god I got lost so many times, but once I got started, I was cool)

--have a structured story with set side quests, and allow for customization (Star Wars KotOR, KotOR2, Mass Effect Series)

--could even be as weird as to make it in the likeness of Assassins Creed

And there are pros and cons to all things:

Everything RPG (Skyrim)

PROS

--fully customizable (race, skin, armour, abilities, weapons, vehicles, etc)

--open plane, large maps, endless quests

CONS

--easy to get lost

--kinda buggy because of the size

Structured RPG (Mass Effect)

PROS

--very customizable (gender, armour, job class, skills, weapons - to a degree)

--Somewhat open yet more precise, everything is related to the overall story

CONS

--games like this tend to be shorter (if you game like a mother trucker)

--often times you are limited in what abilities/ Job classes/ appearances you can have to allow for a much smoother gaming experience

--often times does not have an endless gaming component, will have an absolute end at some point

AC RPG

PROS

--open, allows for endless gaming

--has a lot of collectibles and what have you

CONS

--not sure how they would make the memory thing work, maybe through video playback of something

--not sure why anybody would model a game after AC

Anywhos, those were my thoughts, I can elaborate more if you like.