Will it have Flood?

Xyphien

343 came out and released a statement prior to Halo 4, saying in ONE of the trilogies Flood will in fact return, this is my all time favorite missions, as they are intense, creepy, and make you jump. I have not been keeping up on the news as I quit halo until now. Will Halo 5 have flood, or will this be left for the end of the new trilogy?

• Like 1

I hope it does, don't know if anyone can say for sure yet unless you're really "deep" in 343's staff.

It's GOING to be in one of the next two, I just hope it'll be Halo 5, and 6, but if not, I hope Halo 5 :) 343 stated it a while ago, but they said there WILL be flood in one of the games.

You would think they would explain how these spartan5's got the parasite for the matchmaking game, they look great! That torn under armor and original armor all stripped down. Even an easter egg woulda been nice though, i was ready to gear up my sangelli in some crazy Storm armor.

You would think they would explain how these spartan5's got the parasite for the matchmaking game, they look great! That torn under armor and original armor all stripped down. Even an easter egg woulda been nice though, i was ready to gear up my sangelli in some crazy Storm armor.

I believe this will be explained, and is simply a 'easter egg' type deal for the future story line of how the Flood will come into the later games, either Halo 5, or 6. This is how I picture it. A lot of games, especially ones that know for a fact they will be creating a franchise/series will through in little things that won't be explained, to simply have it explained in future games. So people who played the past games will be like "ooh, that explains x thing".

They will return probably in Halo 5, since the Chief's story ends in 6 and we can't have the flood show up then and leave it in a cliffhanger like Halo 2, so that means they can only show up in 5. They will likely be discovered on one of the rings or some other installation and released by either ONI or the Remnant, and then promptly suppressed, since humans at this point know how to combat the flood efficiently, and would likely quarantine another outbreak. 

• 1 year later...

Well, considering that this trilogy is more focused on the Forerunners, the flood will be around, as they were the Forerunners greatest enemy.

I don't know how much they will focus on the flood in Halo 5, but I'm positive that we will see them.

• 2 weeks later...