Boardwalk

By LANK3Y PROZz and a little by HELLBOY1201

This is a recreation of the well known and much loved (and much disliked) map from Halo Reach; Boardwalk (if you hadn't already guessed). 

It is very true to the original in that nothing major is missing from the layout and the weapon set is the same, except for the Plasma Launcher (which is of course, is not able to be done) which has been replaced by the Sticky Det.

Map is here: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/lank3y%20prozz/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=ca2cb05a-c8e8-4bf7-8234-c3c9cc3b13b5

This is what it looks like:   

post-30093-0-29888300-1369852161_thumb.jpgpost-30093-0-53333100-1369852180_thumb.jpgpost-30093-0-78695200-1369852206_thumb.jpgpost-30093-0-41387800-1369852332_thumb.jpgpost-30093-0-88267300-1369852217_thumb.jpgpost-30093-0-02085700-1369852266_thumb.jpgpost-30093-0-49164100-1369852287_thumb.jpgpost-30093-0-90664100-1369852309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I love it! And its so well done! 

The only thing wrong with it, (which isnt your fault) is that 343 should probably fix their lighting engine or something. lol.

But the map is beautifully done! :D

• Like 1

Thank you so much!  However I warn you after doing repeated tests, I have found that some blocks are not in line (meaning that there is a bump when you walk on to or off of it). Due to this I will be coming out with a Boardwalk v2 to fix these problems.

Also I have no idea whether frame rate is an issue. Please could you have a look to see whether it is or not?

Once again, Thank you so much for your nice comments!

Thank you so much!  However I warn you after doing repeated tests, I have found that some blocks are not in line (meaning that there is a bump when you walk on to or off of it). Due to this I will be coming out with a Boardwalk v2 to fix these problems.

Also I have no idea whether frame rate is an issue. Please could you have a look to see whether it is or not?

Once again, Thank you so much for your nice comments!

Reach had issue's similar to that with the coliseum walls. 

As for checking it out as of on the game itself, I would... but... It is frowned upon to have mods on the Xbox. :(

But I am just enjoying the pictures.

And yes, I cant wait to see whats the next map you might make. :)

Reach had issue's similar to that with the coliseum walls. 

As for checking it out as of on the game itself, I would... but... It is frowned upon to have mods on the Xbox. :(

But I am just enjoying the pictures.

And yes, I cant wait to see whats the next map you might make. :)

Its not big deal don't worry about it, I'm just glad you enjoy the pictures! :)

As for what's next on my list, I have not run dry of ideas to forge but what would you like to see made? I have a few ideas for a reflection remake, and possibly a Powerhouse. But your opinion would be welcome. :)

Its not big deal don't worry about it, I'm just glad you enjoy the pictures! :)

As for what's next on my list, I have not run dry of ideas to forge but what would you like to see made? I have a few ideas for a reflection remake, and possibly a Powerhouse. But your opinion would be welcome.  :)

I was working on a Temple of Time map on H4, but I never finished it because the map was so small that I could barely put a roof on the temple. I may end up making another one on forge island because Ravine was way too small to build on. 

As for a Halo remake map, probably Reflection. I have always wanted to do a remake of it, because if you noticed the one side of the map, there are area's that shaped like some of the building pieces in forge. :)

I was working on a Temple of Time map on H4, but I never finished it because the map was so small that I could barely put a roof on the temple. I may end up making another one on forge island because Ravine was way too small to build on. 

As for a Halo remake map, probably Reflection. I have always wanted to do a remake of it, because if you noticed the one side of the map, there are area's that shaped like some of the building pieces in forge. :)

I'm afraid that I don't have much experience when it comes to the Legend of Zelda games :( The only one I played was Spirit Tracks so I don't know much about the temple of time. Sounds like it could be fun though!

As for the reflection, I've just started to draw it out on paper, but should I build it on erosion, for the colour of the blocks are similar, or should I build it on forge island for the better dynamic lighting? 

You should include that one high up camping spot everyone went to in reach on infection:) other then that I think this is a great remake.

I'm not sure which spot you mean can you describe it in more detail? But thank you for your support! :)

• Like 1

I'm afraid that I don't have much experience when it comes to the Legend of Zelda games :( The only one I played was Spirit Tracks so I don't know much about the temple of time. Sounds like it could be fun though!

As for the reflection, I've just started to draw it out on paper, but should I build it on erosion, for the colour of the blocks are similar, or should I build it on forge island for the better dynamic lighting? 

I'm not sure which spot you mean can you describe it in more detail? But thank you for your support! :)

Forge island. Its bigger and will give you more room to maneuver around obstacles. :)

Plus, its much better to look at. :)

Forge island. Its bigger and will give you more room to maneuver around obstacles. :)

Plus, its much better to look at. :)

Just finished layout drawing of Reflection. :)

I will maybe start forging tomorrow but if not, in the next two weeks it should be half way done. :)

post-30093-0-79822600-1370041046.jpg

Just finished layout drawing of Reflection. :)

I will maybe start forging tomorrow but if not, in the next two weeks it should be half way done. :)

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

I am trying to match it up in my memory. lol.

I have never done a layout before. I usually just start forging and then make repairs as I go along. lol. 

i cant help think it would look better if it wasnt all the same colour

I'm sorry but comments like this annoy the crap out of me. Clearly its not his fault so why even mention it if it can't be helped?

Also, great work on expanding from my original remake (if you didnt then im sorry I just see many similarities).

Obviously the dimensions on a few of the areas are a little off and some cover is missing (bottom right on the first pic) but I know myself that remaking this map is a b***h and there are severe budget problems. All in all great job on making this work on forge island/ 10

Moose93, on 02 Jun 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

snapback.png

i cant help think it would look better if it wasnt all the same colour

I'm sorry but comments like this annoy the crap out of me. Clearly its not his fault so why even mention it if it can't be helped?

did you read that sentence and ignore the rest of what i said?

i clearly stated it wasnt his fault due to the limitations of forge

Also, great work on expanding from my original remake (if you didnt then im sorry I just see many similarities).

Obviously the dimensions on a few of the areas are a little off and some cover is missing (bottom right on the first pic) but I know myself that remaking this map is a b***h and there are severe budget problems. All in all great job on making this work on forge island/ 10

No this is not taken from any one else's work, any similarities are coincidental I'm afraid. And yes I agree with you that the bottom right cover is wrong but I didn't have enough resources to build it by the time I got to the end of the building Sorry :( However I don't think this really impacts gameplay thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...