Custom game types Minotaur, Hide & Seek, Joust

adensem

Title: Minotaur

Description: Mintaur is a very slow moving flood that is given a mantis to hunt down the invaders of his maze! The invaders have 3 skills, cloak, pro vision, and hologram, to use in their survival attempt! The objective is not to kill, but to survive! The Minotaur is invulnerable, the mantis is the same, and the invaders cannot hijack it either. The invaders do have plasma pistols for those, oh crap, moments! That being said the time limit for this game type is 10 minutes.

scoring: Minotaur gets 5 pts per kill, invaders get 25 points for surviving the entire time, last man standing gets 10 points for being last man standing(only reason I put this in is because I cannot remove the waypoint over last man standing/Flag carriers!)

Suggested players: more the better

Requirements: custom made mazes that fit the mantis and has the flood spawn near it. This game type isn't very good on generic maps due generic game mechanics.

Title: Hide & Seek

Description: It's hide & seek! The seeker is a flood that moves fast and is looking for you! Players have laser based weapons to get the seeker's attention, but the seeker is invulnerable. The weapons are to draw attention off of one of your allies or just for fun to annoy the seeker. This game and Minotaur are very similar, in concept, except this game type can be played on any level. Also feel free to tweek this game type based on what map your playing, how many people you have playing etc... Default is 5 minute long rounds. Bigger maps you may want to raise that and vice versa for smaller maps. Also there is no vechicle usage, lets face it a big worthog will kinda give you away!

Scoring: survivers get 10 points(same with last man standing), if the seeker finds everyone, which once it hits last man standing he will inevitably find him, seeker gets 10 points. Feel free to tweek this also.

Suggested players: more the better, I would say don't use large maps for only a few people though, but even then it could be fun!

Requirements: None really. This is a game type for any map.

Title: Joust

Description: This his fast moving high flying chaos! Originally this was made using swords, but players just bounce off of each other! So instead I use shotguns! Originally this was to train myself, and friends, to hit fast moving targets with plasmas and practice with shotguns, but then it grew into a very fun slayer game type! It's simple kill each other, but unlike traditional slayer melee and assassinations give giant rewards! Also if you stick a player it gives more points! Each player has a waypoint over their head, its so chaotic that the waypoint is required for players to keep a grasp at high speeds. Also there is high jumps! In a bad situation? Then jump out of the way! However, jumping has it's draw backs. You are falling and people can wait for you to land, also every second your not in the chaos someone else is getting kills! And I do mean every second!

Scoring: 15 for kills, 20 for sticks and melee, and a wooping 50 for a assassination! 600 is the winning score!

Suggested players: Unlike the other two this is a great game type even if its just two players! But the more you have, the more chaos, the more fun!

Requirements: None, but I highly recommend that large maps are used for this game type, as small ones and those with a lot of death traps can get annoying.

All 3 of these game types and the required minotaur map are on my fileshare! Feel free to check them out. Even though I honestly like the idea of hide & seek/minotaur the most, I recommend Joust for it being the most versitle! Most importantly though I hope everyone enjoys these game types and maps that I've made! If they remove those blasted waypoints from last man/flag carrier I can make a lot more game types!

Also I am going to ask this, anyone miss the game type assult?!