Twin's Halo 2 WIP Catchup #1

So yeah, a lot of the places I go around the web and in real life, people always ask me.. "Twin, what's next for halo 2?  Whatcha working on?"

This little post is sort of a catchup to let everyone see what is going on, and what to expect.  This first catchup features a video (horrible quality btw) of the map Powerhouse I have been working on.  Now this map has been a work in progress for over a year now, and as of late I made some boo-boos which has pushed my 99% completion back to 75%.  A bummer I know.  So just in case your wondering in the video, the map was compiled for gameplay using only a low draft lighting setting.  hence the horrible quality.

Also in this video you will see my fully finished and fully functional Halo 4 Battle Rifle, and Reach DMR.  The battle rifle as illustrated in the video is by popular demand, a 4 hit kill weapon.  The DMR however has been nerfed to a 5 hit kill, since it does not have to rely on all 3 bursts connecting to the player.  This has been a proven way to balance the two and leave victory up to the most skilled.

Also very briefly is a look at the Reach Magnum and Halo 4 SAW.  But enough talk...here is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2kIxomUNZw&feature=youtu.be

Lastly, I wanted to show you guys a secondary map I have been working on.  For this one, I have once again gone back to ODST and have almost fully recreated Uplift Reserve.  For those who don't remember, it's the map where you play as Mickey, and run through the large Zoo type map , right before the Covenant blast the ever living **** out of the Space Teather.  Sorry for the WIP screenshot of it, but you get the idea...

uplift_reserve.png

• Like 6

Looks great Twin! :D

But I noticed it was a bit... edgy? in the video. But I dont know if thats just the way it behaves right now or if its something bad. But it reminds me of bullet time. :P

Keep up the great work! :D

@Church Of coarse I use 3ds max... Who wouldnt?!?

@Elf Yeah the screen recording app I used was one of those quick dirty ones that suck. Once I get the map.fixed up.from my boo boos, Ill run it thru proper lighting and record with a better app.

• Like 1