Castle Storm 3.0

adensem

I have been making maps for awhile, but haven't really published anything. I mainly make maps for my halo parties(lan parties). The map I am introducing today is called Castle Storm 3.0. It is a Asymetrical map with two giant castles. This is a BTB map, focused on slayer/objective only. Primarily CTF. This map is gigantic by the average map size for Halo 4. With that and the limitations in mind, it does not have as much cover as I wanted it to have, however I think it has enough for what it is. A map with every vechicle in the game and enough vechiles for every player! This map boasts a mantis, scorpion, wraith, two mongooses, two ghosts, three banshees at each base! This is not a fast paced run in and kill map! This is setup for strategic attacks and without good teamwork and strategy your team will fall and your castle will be taken over! The following pictures will show what the general design of the map and some of the highlights. I also have a tour video on my fileshare. Easiest way to find it is to put in my gamer tag, Adensem, in the search box.

castlestorm3_0topview.jpg

Title:Castle Storm: Overview

Description: An overview of the entire map! Looks so small from this 20 mile up, or at least it felt like it considering how long it took for my camera to fly up that high to get the shot!

castlestorm3_0sideview.jpg

Title: Castle Storm 3.0:side view

Description: The entire map from a side view, well about 99% of the map from a side view. I got tired of flying out to fit it all.

castlestorm3_0armory.jpg

Title: Armory

Description: back of the armory where the heavy vechicles are stored. Inside is where the smaller vechicles are stored. Highly recommended to gain vechicle dominance over your opponent!

castlestorm3_0bluebase.jpg

Title: Exterior of Blue Base

Description: Due to Blue base being on the lower island they have been given more cover from sniper fire. Both bases have duel level paraphats, weapons within the bases, two chain guns on the two front guard towers, however blue base has a 3rd turrent within their scout towers, again to even out the fact that they are at a great height disadvantage! Also unlike Red base their landing pad for the 3 banshees is lowered to prevent their destruction from long range shots from DMR and sniper rifle fire!

castlestorm3_0bridge.jpg

Title: The Bridge

Description: This is the choke point of the map! This is the kill box, this is where the carnage will unfold! Going on foot isn't the best idea, however those that are brave enough to do so will be rewarded! Or those who are smart enough to grab a fast vechicle and grab the surprise in the center. Also it is rumored that there is a hidden turrent in the center that can destroy any air dominance that either side may have! How to get there though?!

castlestorm3_0redbase.jpg

Title: Red base exterior

Description: This is the red base exterior! Though they are different than blue base's exterior it balanced by it's height superiority! From the top of the guard towers a sniper can shot all the way into Blue base! This being said I made sure blue base had plenty of cover outside their base to abstruct sniper fire! Due to limitations of forge I was unable to put in as much outside of Red base, however I somehow felt it was for the best anyway since red has a large height advantage. Their scout tower is obviously not as defendable, however to even get a line of sight on the bunker blue has to get to the very top of the bridge! This being the case I felt that Red should have a less defendable position. The castles are identical, aside from the banshe landing pads!

castlestorm3_0redbaseint.jpg

Title: Red Base Interior

Description: See Blue Base Interior, just joking, but they are pretty much identical! Armory below, ramps, paraphats, guard towers with two mounted chain guns/sniper rifles, banshee pad with 3 banshees on it. There really isn't much to say beyond that.

WARNING!!!

This map has had very little testing done to it! I have tried to prepare for any and every issue, however I am sure something will go wrong, murphy's law and all that, but that is what forge is about! Make it, break it, fix it! Also keep in mind this was NOT my original design! the original design was going to have more of a symetrical design with two other routes leading from the two islands in a half circle with an infantry tunnel in the center, but yay for forge budget limitations, right?!

EDIT: Just realized some of you might try to play this on FFA. Don't! This map is not meant for FFA, due to it's two base set up, and weapons/vehicle placement, it makes it next to impossible for this map to be a evenly matched FFA map. If you guys want me to make this FFA compatible I might be able to do it, but I don't think it's a good idea. Also if you've already tried it out, please leave feedback in the comments! I would like to hear thoughts on the map.

My expectations for this map is simple. I hope players have fun exploring a facit of Halo 4 that the developers, for whatever reason, have not explored. Large scale wars as oppose to these tiny maps that, to me, get boring after just a few play throughs. To me, each map feels like the last one. They are all symetrical with tiny paths within the circle. I wanted to show that a large, even gigantic map, could be just as fun, if not more so, than the tiny/medium sized ones! But most importantly I hope those of you that do download this map enjoy it with your friends!