Hidden limit in Forge

Zandril

Hey guys.

So I was forging earlier and I was placing down some spawn points for a map I was working on.
I had $300 left in my budget.

But in the middle of doing this, I ran into a problem. I couldn't place another respawn point despite them being free and the fact that I had $300 left.

So I tried to test if the game was broken or something by trying to place a block. But the game wouldn't let me. I tried again and again with other pieces but the game still wouldn't let me.

So I looked over to Google for help. Turns out, there's a supposed hidden limit to the amount of objects you can place in a map. And this has been around since Halo 3 according to what I read.

Topics/threads about this: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/16ybxr/halo_4_forge_hidden_object_limit/

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2233909_Forge-trouble--Can-t-build--not-over-budget.aspx

Did you guys know about this?

Just a FYI the limits are entirely unreasonable to me! I get that lag can become an issue with to much stuff to load, but just give us a FPS counter and other stats to follow! Let the forger be the judge of what is to much!

I made a giant two castle base map on forge islands, put in a small forest(would've been bigger, but apparently 10 trees is enough to 343) and used collosial walls as a giant bridge between two islands! I hate how small the game maps are and that they don't have BTB CTF anymore, but don't get me wrong! I understand why it was removed, it wasn't popular and I get that, but I still hated to see it go. Also I missed race... I had so many plans for H4 races, pac man lvl 1(made), castlestorm 3.0 (made), Joust, which is by far my most popular custom gametype(made), Classic CTF(can't make because there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the flag carrier waypoint :mad: ), and finally Hide and Seek(can't make same reason as classic CTF, but in this case it's last man standing waypoint which ruins the fun :mad: ). 

I don't understand why they put such limits on. Well I do, but I can't imagine that having a few more trees to draw will crash the game, I just feel having a limit number of any one item is stupid, but maybe I am way off base and having more of these items would crash the game. All I know is whenever I run into these hinderances I just :facepalm:  over and over and have to readjust my plans again and again to fit the paramaters set forth.

Especially painful when using mod maps to get around stupid item limits and budget. It seems as though Halo 4's forge has a much smaller limit than Reach though. At least 3 actually said "You can only have 640 objects"

the only thing you can do is map until your either complete or reach a budget/object limit. no matter what editor you use (farcry or something else), there will always be a limit

if you do hit that limit, edit your map accordingly if you want to add more

I figured out my problem. I had to remove some aesthetic details which I would've preferred to keep. But, unfortunately, it's gameplay over aesthetics when making a competitive map.

You can only put certain numbers as some objects are very texting to generate en masse in the engine such as buildings, coliseum walls and just a lot of objects in general really mess up your FPS rate, especially on modded maps. The limits is good, I just wish it would either be object or budget, not both

Haha, sounds like you were using too many spawn points. I've only had one instance where I hit the object limit on Halo 4 so far, and it was due to too many spawn points on the map. How big is the map and how many spawn points are there?

I've figured it out. I had to remove some respawn points and some aesthetic details.