The Xbox Presentation: What we know so far

Today was the day microsoft finally revealed their new xbox, quite a few interesting things were revealed today with more on the way at E3 in just a matter of weeks. So lets go through some of the main things that was shown at todays presentation.

XboxD_Logo_Consle_Sensr_controller_F_Gre

The name.

Microsoft has revealed the name of the new xbox, Xbox One. Not a name that many of us were expecting to hear for the new console, the reason for the name is for the "all in one experience" the new console will have, games, entertainment and TV.

The look. 

From the picture above we see the actual console itself, the new controller and the kinect camera/sensor. The new console design is not bad but they could have stayed away from the chunky straight edge look and more of a curvy smooth design, but it's still ok.  

The new controller hasn't changed too much from the 360 controller except for a few minor details, the over all shape and layout is the same but has an extension with a glossy finish that sits at the top of the main body where the bumper buttons and the xbox home button are located, the thumb sticks haven't change much except for the grip around the edges. 

The kinect sensor has a bit of a different look this time. It has a flat front service with one camera lens and it will be included with each Xbox one. 

The Power. 

XboxOneSpecs.jpg

The Xbox One specs revealed

• 8 Core CPU
  • 8 GB System Memory 
  • 500 GB HDD
  • Blu Ray Drive 
  • 802.11n Wireless with Wi-Fi Direct 
  • HDMI In/Out
  • USB 3.0

The Xbox one will feature Skype, be able watch TV and a snap feature which allows the user to do more than one thing at a time e.g you can watch a movie and browse the web at the same time without closing down one application to access another. 

Xbox One unveil video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP_E6Bn6fWM

Exclusives 

Microsoft confirmed that 15 titles will be exclusive only to xbox when the console, we don't know what the titles are or who is developing them but no doubt E3 will shed light on that. 

Well they did show us a trailer of one of the Xbox One's exclusives, Quantum Break developed by Remedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64IZNgxPKs

Halo 

phpbyh0wt.jpg

343 was briefly in the spotlight at the presentation but not to show of any video game related content, but to confirm a live action TV series and Steven Spielberg will be involved with it, but what role he will be playing is currently unknown. 

That's pretty much the main parts of the presentation, I will try and add a video of the full presentation for those have have not seen it yet.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 5

thanks for this recap Adam I am still not sure what console to get but now that my Xbox one questions have been answered about always online achievements etc it is looking likely I will get it

here is what I thought of it after the reveal http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/28927-xbox-reveal-my-thoughts-on-it/?view=findpost&p=263589

here is my thoughts later on the 2 console's  http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/28935-the-xbox-one-and-the-playstation-four-thoughts-so-far/?view=findpost&p=263613

also halo tv series FTW

Edited by Caboose the Ace

With my birthday coming up, I wasn't sure what to get. I was thinking of getting a trampoline for the summer or a swimming pool. But then I thought, "These are all things that will only be fun during the warm weather." Then I started looking into a longer-lasting field. Electronics. First I looked at laptops, computers, tablets, that sort of thing. But then, since I am a moderate gamer, I started looking into gaming consoles. I've viewed Nintendo products, but have not been satisfied, since I already have a ds, 3ds, and Wii. My gaze was caught when I saw the Xbox 1's reveal. With that coming out in November, thats a while after my b-day. I was also looking at the ps4, but I'm not so sure about it. I've grown accustomed to the xbox generation. I have decide to wait the 6 months to get the xbox. Reading this article has influenced my choice. It has very much informed me of the important speculations of the new console. Thank you!

There was several things I wanted answers for in the entire video of the reveal, and pretty much none of them were answered. But I did figure as much. Which leaves all the horrible rumors still open. 

But the one thing I really wanted to see, was games. Not the tv crap, nor the Kinect, nor the other features. And what irks me the most, they hardly talked about the games. And thats the only thing I care about when I am trying to decide what gaming system I want. 

So MS, was pretty disappointing today. As usual. 

But I guess we will see when E3 comes around. 

• Like 1

I found it to be fine. Not much talk about games, but it was to reveal the system, not a bunch of games coming out this year. They showed us what the hardware can do, somewhat anyway. There will be plenty more news coming soon. I will end up having one, but ill wait for a Halo 5 edition :)

• Like 1

It still feels as though they are hiding something. And that something still feels very important and shouldnt really remain a secret. But I guess E3 will tell us more, not everything, but more info. 

Halo 5 should have an interactive, evolving storyline that works in conjunction with Spielberg's Live Action Halo TV series. 

Ummm.... Not exactly the right topic for this thread.... But you should start your own thread about it in the... Off Beat Section??? Not sure if thats the right place for it, but it might be helpful. :)

It still feels as though they are hiding something. And that something still feels very important and shouldnt really remain a secret. But I guess E3 will tell us more, not everything, but more info. 

I was thinking the same thing... For a second there I thought that maybe it would be a "Halo 2: Anniversary" edition but then I remembered that its not November 9th, 2014 yet...

I was thinking the same thing... For a second there I thought that maybe it would be a "Halo 2: Anniversary" edition but then I remembered that its not November 9th, 2014 yet...

Maybe. If they do decide to do it. But on the other hand, I still want to know more of the hidden little secrets of the new xbox. 

P.S. - I like your profile pic and signature. ;)

• Like 1

Maybe. If they do decide to do it. But on the other hand, I still want to know more of the hidden little secrets of the new xbox. 

P.S. - I like your profile pic and signature. ;)

Thank you  :thumbup:

I'm excited for the halo television series :D

Same. I cant wait to see those! :D

Sadly though, I will have to watch it on YouTube or something. Because I wont be buying the new Xbox. 

Same. I cant wait to see those! :D

Sadly though, I will have to watch it on YouTube or something. Because I wont be buying the new Xbox. 

Aw, that sucks.

I'm totally getting it.

Why no info on Call of Duty? It looked great.