Halo 5 and 6 - Story Plot - Another brainstorm

AsquithMike

Ok, whilst I am busy, I will post on here another plot line I was thinking about for the next halo installments. As they have yet to announce what the story will be, I am continuously day dreaming about different stories, so I figured I would post another.

It involves Cortana and some previously mentioned/ already considered plot derivatives. 

I will post a full version later tonight.

What is known:

FORERUNNER

--the Didact is for certain the Ur-Didact (Halo 4 didact)

--the Librarian is dead (supposedly) - Chant-to-Green took her place as Lifeshaper

--the Iso-Didact was still alive after the firing of the Halos (Bornstellar)

--343 Guilty Spark was Chakas

--there was a forerunner colony in another galaxy far from the reaches of the Halos (the most probable place the forerunners fled too after reseeding the galaxy/ Path Kethona/ supposedly destroyed)

--that 6 of the original 7 Halos remain (from the Lesser Ark)

--that a city of nearly 2 million people had been composed (end of Halo 4)

--the Ur-Didact's interest in Cortana (...."this evolved ancilla")

HUMAN

--Master Chief was/is the only Spartan 2 left alive

--humanity has begun cataloging all the halos and forerunner artifacts in their galaxy

--humanity has also begun to integrate their technology with forerunner technology

--Dr. Halsey was kidnapped by the Storm Covenant, obtained the Janus Key. The key was split in two: half was kept by Dr. Halsey, the other was given to Spartan Gabriel Thorne

--Cortana supposedly died/ended service after the destruction of the Ur-Didact's ship

--Cortana was created/found by Dr. Halsey on Reach, in an ancient forerunner complex, housing a crystal

--may I also point out that from what I've read, and from the games that have been released thus far, that MC is the only spartan I have seen with an AI companion?

FLOOD

--even a single flood spore can house the memories and intellect of every flood being before it

--originated from powdered Precursors

--used as an act of vengeance upon the forerunner race

--no cure - even though it is eluded that humanity had a cure, this was later discredited when it was revealed that the flood had simply receded from human space, not infecting them

--supposedly destroyed at the end of Halo 3

COVENANT

--Arbiter has returned to rebuild his home world

--Storm Covenant was/is a covenant fleet sent to Requiem after being founded in 2553 after Halo 3

--now in the possession of Dr. Halsey and part of the Janus Key/ Storm Covenant

NEW ASSUMPTIONS:

Presuming 343 would not have a major villain die off so quickly, also presuming they would not have him take such an interest in Cortana as to then kill them both off, my other assumptions about the next halos are as follows:

HALO 5

Introduction is Master Chief putting on his new suit, all sad and gloomy about not having Cortana.

Refuses another companion AI/ not offered one.

***Arbiter introduction could be here, as he is preforming a diplomatic mission to earth or has requested aid from the UNSC against the Covenant Remnant***(1)

-Master Chief is sent on an mission to retrieve Dr. Halsey

--sent with Infinity to retrieve Halsey and the Janus key, with minor disruption

----this mission's intel came from an enemy ship (Covenant) presumably Halsey wishing to escape

----the transmission sent from the ship also requests the other half of the Janus key be brought

----Goes to rescue Halsey and discovers she is not a captive, but a leader of the Covenant resistance, only after bringing the other half of the Janus key

----MC is captured (for a moment) and Dr. Halsey uses the Janus key to discover the All Record's location

----shortly after, the UNSC Infinity bombards the Covenant fleet holding Halsey and MC

----Halsey, though injured and dying, says something to MC, confirming she was in fact still working for the UNSC and was 'playing the part'

as it was the only way they were going to get the information stored in the Janus key

----Halsey dies, the Janus key is destroyed, but MC has the coordinates, and he escapes the destruction

Infinity uses the coordinates MC has and finds the All Record, along with the Covenant, and the Flood.

----mission is to use the information Halsey provided on the All Record and find the information the Librarian said would propel humanity forward

----MC navigates through the Covenant and forerunner enemies, going through various missions and leads, trying to determine what information he is looking for

----MC then begins to understand forerunner glyphs (something that the librarian did perhaps?)

----the Flood begins its quest anew, and begins converting the Covenant Remnant

----MC fights through the forerunners, covenant, the flood, eventually finding something interesting

----an active forerunner facility marker, located in deep space (another galaxy perhaps), where there appears to be a data center for the Composers (as there is more than one)

****sometime during this part of the game, MC has a breakdown, feels he is unable to continue and begins to freely express his sadness over the loss of Cortana (I want him to cry, but that may not happen)

MC travels to the forerunner facility/ planet/ shield world/ etc.

----discovers there are more composers, the Didact is in fact alive, and so are many other forerunners

----in a final cut scene, the MC is captured by the Didact and held in stasis. he is then stripped of his armor, piece by piece

----in the epilogue, Cortana will be speaking, and the cut scene will show MC with Cortana saying "I found you."

HALO 6

--Cortana is alive and well, and is actually human (to a degree)

--The Didact used the composer to bring prometheans forth and Cortana came out almost human, a perfect replica of a young Dr. Halsey

--basically Cortana survived the Composer, something not even forerunners have been able to do, and came out human (almost human)

****mentioned before by some people, I have mentioned as well, it was noted that this would be a possible outcome, and so I found it interesting enough to post

/////////

will post more when I think about it, there are a few things to discuss, so discuss whilst I think up a plot for Halo 6 that fits with the above story line. 

• Like 1

these are great ideas and better than i would ever think. they are great ideas. only a few things won't happen in what you have stated because 343 will think of other plots, and there are a few things i wouldn't actually agree with in this. but i do really like this idea, i don't think this will happen because its your thinking but  think it is a great idea

• Like 1

I still believe that Johnson may come back... I know for a fact the Arbiter will return, but I am only 87.9998% sure that Johnson will...

(Saving Johnsons Life! And then Keeping Him Alive!)

(Getting Johnson Off of Instillation 04 in Halo 3)

Remember this.. Bungie knew about this glitch before they released the game but did not fix it. Rumor has it bungie is also the one who leaked the glitch in the first place, so people would know that it existed. And they NEVER denied that after performing the glitch that it broke canon... So even if you save johson's life and get him off of the halo ring... It is still canon (according to Bungie).

If you look at johnsons actual death in the cutscene, his body slides off the catwalk into the abyss inside the falling apart control room... But it never showed what happened after that! Maybe a Sentinel, or a flood, or even a Promethean could have saw johnson falling and teleported him somewhere safe, and then revived his body, repaired his wounds and armor, and then nursed him back to health! There is no Physical proof johnson is dead!  ( Like A rotting corpse of johnson in possession of a human to Confirm it).

On top of that Remember Johnson Survived being infected by the flood, being assaulted directly by Covenant forces, the Destruction of the Pillar of Autumn, and The explosion of Installation 04! So a little beam of light from a mediocre robot, wont kill johnson! He is way to tough for that.. He is alive.. Somewhere...

There was a post somewhere about Johnson. Basically he is dead, and is not coming back. I'll try and find the link later tonight. 

Arbiter is (99.99% sure) going to be returning, I read that somewhere on the net, will find later.

Also apparently, Halo 5 is going to be Xbox One and 360, and Halo 6 is going to be just Xbox One. Which may or may not upset me.

And yes, I just have many different ideas I like to throw out there because it would be nice if some of my ideas came true. And surprisingly, my thinking and Bungie's thinking were very much the same for storyline for Halo 3, and Halo 4 came out almost the way I had figured - I didn't think it would end at earth, I thought they would stretch it out a little. 

My thinking is, whatever I come up with story wise, 343 will make it better and longer - I stress the length part - is the hope.

And yes, there are supposed to be more forerunner related vehicles and enemies - supposedly living forerunner's though I'm skeptical - and the flood is making a return as well supposedly though 343 has yet to release definitive answers on the matter. 

Release the game already 343!! Halo 4 was too short and I need more story information!!

I am however excited for the Halo TV series for the Xbox One. That sounds cool.

I know this post is long but I have tried to flesh out my idea. What if Forerunners and Humans were originally created by the Precursers as one species. The combined Forerunner Human species presented too much of a threat. Meaning the Precursors split the original species and devolved both. It will be a parallel to what the Forerunners did to Humans after the Human Forerunner war. It would also further explain why the Librarian wanted the Ur-Didact to have access to the domain during his imprisonment.

Also this theory could explain what the Librarian did to Master Chief during Halo 4, she seeded Forerunner in John's lineage long ago and unlocked those genes on Requiem. It could also explain why the Forerunners rose up against the Precursors and took the Mantle. The real reason for the Forerunner Precursor War was covered up and lost to time.

The Liberian discovers truth that once Humans and Forerunners were one. The Liberian travels to Earth and seeds the Forerunner genes and the knowledge of this fact in Master Chief's lineage. One of the last Precursors tells this to a long forgotten Forerunner who served during the Forerunner Precursor war. A Forerunner who I will call Knowledge Is Eternal.

Chief goes to look for the Janus Key and Halsey. He finds a Forerunner artifact. It is a monitor and discovers it is Knowledge is Eternal. Mean while the Iso-Didact and other Forerunners wake up because the Ur-Didact escaped Requiem and the planet was destroyed. The Iso-Didacts hunts down the Ur-Didact to bring him in front of a Forerunner tribunal. The Iso-Didact also starts to prepare for war against the Flood once more. While Chief starts the reclamation of the unified Human Forerunner To stop and kill the Flood forever and therefore the Precursors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i agree with Drone.But what if MC died cause he was he missed his AI partner.He see's her and she tells him not yet dont die on me yet im still out there.Find me.Then he comes back to life only to find he is in a coffen and he breaks out.And he say's did ja miss me.

Thats only the beginning for me :laughing:

I really like Halo Reach cause of the ranking system. I would like to be able to rank up all around.Like in the campaign you can level up .I want to be able to get a lot more credits from the campaign.In Halo4 you could not rank up in the campaign and i did not like that .If you had heared of a game called blue dragon, that game was three disc long,you were able to rank and level up .so for Halo 5 and 6,i would really appreciate to be able to rank up all the time no matter what mode you were playing.I only play games that you can level or rank up .Oh one more thing please make it easier to rank up thank you if you do . :thumbsup:

I like your theory Spartan_Ralphie. It was similar to one of my own hypothesis about the two races and the Precursors. It is heavily alluded to in the Forerunner saga.

Not sure about how the actual story will go though. You seem to have a good baseline, but I'm not too sure about the Iso-didact. I think 343 will have some crazy ass story to tell in the next game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I think: ok, if you have read up on your mendicant bias history it says he was destroyed, but a rampant fragment of him was lost along with instillation 07. In Halo 5 Chief is paired up with an AI that reminds him too much of cortana, before his journey to find her he he leaves the AI on the infinity. On his journey, he some how comes across instillation 07, he says it is one he has never seen before, he decides to land on it to explore and hopefully find cortana. But he doesn't, he finds something worse. Mendicant Bias and his ring-round army of flood to wipe out the human race. He flees the ring, to warn infinity of the threat, it's too late. the infinity has now been over run by flood. Chief goes to the only person he can trust now. The Arbiter, and the Sanghellii. Chief tells them that a new race of elites is leading the covenant. They join the humans once again. Then the Mendicant-flood/Human war begins. That's all I got.

I would love for basically everything you said to happen. Cortana becoming "Human" is a theory I had when the game launched because of the logic the composer imposes: It converts organics into digital beings (albeit abominations), so why wouldn't the opposite work and turn the already digital life-forms into living, breathing life forms? IMO it would basically be perfect as a cliffhanger for Halo 6 and by the end of the "saga" we see a romance being depicted with Cortana and Chief.

Here's what I think: ok, if you have read up on your mendicant bias history it says he was destroyed, but a rampant fragment of him was lost along with instillation 07. In Halo 5 Chief is paired up with an AI that reminds him too much of cortana, before his journey to find her he he leaves the AI on the infinity. On his journey, he some how comes across instillation 07, he says it is one he has never seen before, he decides to land on it to explore and hopefully find cortana. But he doesn't, he finds something worse. Mendicant Bias and his ring-round army of flood to wipe out the human race. He flees the ring, to warn infinity of the threat, it's too late. the infinity has now been over run by flood. Chief goes to the only person he can trust now. The Arbiter, and the Sanghellii. Chief tells them that a new race of elites is leading the covenant. They join the humans once again. Then the Mendicant-flood/Human war begins. That's all I got.

Mendicant Bias already paid for his penance by helping Master Chief on the Ark, he was sealed there by Bornstellar at the end of the Forerunner Saga (books). (only one part as; (1)one was destroyed during the Forerunner Flood War, (2) another was sealed away on the Lesser Ark, and (3) the covenant city of High Charity had a fragment of him in the Dreadnought the Prophet of Truth used to open the portal to the Ark).

Here is the link: 

Apparently they are making Halo 5 into a semi-RPG based first person shooter. Kinda like Destiny but not, as it would still have a straight way story line (everything affects the main story line, no side quests and ****) but apparently you get to explore 8 different planets searching for 'something'.

There is a link for that too: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-5-xbox-one-rumored-campaign-details-potentially-leaked

Sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing the game.

• Like 1

What is known:

FORERUNNER

--the Didact is for certain the Ur-Didact (Halo 4 didact)

--the Librarian is dead (supposedly) - Chant-to-Green took her place as Lifeshaper

--the Iso-Didact was still alive after the firing of the Halos (Bornstellar)

--343 Guilty Spark was Chakas

--there was a forerunner colony in another galaxy far from the reaches of the Halos (the most probable place the forerunners fled too after reseeding the galaxy/ Path Kethona/ supposedly destroyed)

--that 6 of the original 7 Halos remain (from the Lesser Ark)

--that a city of nearly 2 million people had been composed (end of Halo 4)

--the Ur-Didact's interest in Cortana (...."this evolved ancilla")

HUMAN

--Master Chief was/is the only Spartan 2 left alive

--humanity has begun cataloging all the halos and forerunner artifacts in their galaxy

--humanity has also begun to integrate their technology with forerunner technology

--Dr. Halsey was kidnapped by the Storm Covenant, obtained the Janus Key. The key was split in two: half was kept by Dr. Halsey, the other was given to Spartan Gabriel Thorne

--Cortana supposedly died/ended service after the destruction of the Ur-Didact's ship

--Cortana was created/found by Dr. Halsey on Reach, in an ancient forerunner complex, housing a crystal

--may I also point out that from what I've read, and from the games that have been released thus far, that MC is the only spartan I have seen with an AI companion?

FLOOD

--even a single flood spore can house the memories and intellect of every flood being before it

--originated from powdered Precursors

--used as an act of vengeance upon the forerunner race

--no cure - even though it is eluded that humanity had a cure, this was later discredited when it was revealed that the flood had simply receded from human space, not infecting them

--supposedly destroyed at the end of Halo 3

COVENANT

--Arbiter has returned to rebuild his home world

--Storm Covenant was/is a covenant fleet sent to Requiem after being founded in 2553 after Halo 3

--now in the possession of Dr. Halsey and part of the Janus Key/ Storm Covenant

NEW ASSUMPTIONS:

Presuming 343 would not have a major villain die off so quickly, also presuming they would not have him take such an interest in Cortana as to then kill them both off, my other assumptions about the next halos are as follows:

HALO 5

Introduction is Master Chief putting on his new suit, all sad and gloomy about not having Cortana.

Refuses another companion AI/ not offered one.

***Arbiter introduction could be here, as he is preforming a diplomatic mission to earth or has requested aid from the UNSC against the Covenant Remnant***(1)

-Master Chief is sent on an mission to retrieve Dr. Halsey

--sent with Infinity to retrieve Halsey and the Janus key, with minor disruption

----this mission's intel came from an enemy ship (Covenant) presumably Halsey wishing to escape

----the transmission sent from the ship also requests the other half of the Janus key be brought

----Goes to rescue Halsey and discovers she is not a captive, but a leader of the Covenant resistance, only after bringing the other half of the Janus key

----MC is captured (for a moment) and Dr. Halsey uses the Janus key to discover the All Record's location

----shortly after, the UNSC Infinity bombards the Covenant fleet holding Halsey and MC

----Halsey, though injured and dying, says something to MC, confirming she was in fact still working for the UNSC and was 'playing the part'

as it was the only way they were going to get the information stored in the Janus key

----Halsey dies, the Janus key is destroyed, but MC has the coordinates, and he escapes the destruction

Infinity uses the coordinates MC has and finds the All Record, along with the Covenant, and the Flood.

----mission is to use the information Halsey provided on the All Record and find the information the Librarian said would propel humanity forward

----MC navigates through the Covenant and forerunner enemies, going through various missions and leads, trying to determine what information he is looking for

----MC then begins to understand forerunner glyphs (something that the librarian did perhaps?)

----the Flood begins its quest anew, and begins converting the Covenant Remnant

----MC fights through the forerunners, covenant, the flood, eventually finding something interesting

----an active forerunner facility marker, located in deep space (another galaxy perhaps), where there appears to be a data center for the Composers (as there is more than one)

****sometime during this part of the game, MC has a breakdown, feels he is unable to continue and begins to freely express his sadness over the loss of Cortana (I want him to cry, but that may not happen)

MC travels to the forerunner facility/ planet/ shield world/ etc.

----discovers there are more composers, the Didact is in fact alive, and so are many other forerunners

----in a final cut scene, the MC is captured by the Didact and held in stasis. he is then stripped of his armor, piece by piece

----in the epilogue, Cortana will be speaking, and the cut scene will show MC with Cortana saying "I found you."

HALO 6

--Cortana is alive and well, and is actually human (to a degree)

--The Didact used the composer to bring prometheans forth and Cortana came out almost human, a perfect replica of a young Dr. Halsey

--basically Cortana survived the Composer, something not even forerunners have been able to do, and came out human (almost human)

****mentioned before by some people, I have mentioned as well, it was noted that this would be a possible outcome, and so I found it interesting enough to post

/////////

will post more when I think about it, there are a few things to discuss, so discuss whilst I think up a plot for Halo 6 that fits with the above story line. 

First of all that you had some of that wrong which just really bugs me (not judging ) but what i found that was wrong was:

-The chief is not the last Spartan ll because at the end of Halo Glasslands, the UNSC recovered 3+ Spartan ll's and I believe a couple Spartan lll's so maybe e could be because the Spartan ll's are getting old and could've died sometime beofre the events of Halo 4

-When you say cataloging all Forunner technology, i'm assuming you mean all FOUND technology (see what i mean? Little thing like THAT bug me. Still not judging)

Its only two reasons but i felt that I had to say the first one. And Master Chief isn't the only Spartan that had an A.I. Naomi-010 had the A.I. BlackBox.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all that you had some of that wrong which just really bugs me (not judging ) but what i found that was wrong was:

-The chief is not the last Spartan ll because at the end of Halo Glasslands, the UNSC recovered 3+ Spartan ll's and I believe a couple Spartan lll's so maybe e could be because the Spartan ll's are getting old and could've died sometime beofre the events of Halo 4

-When you say cataloging all Forunner technology, i'm assuming you mean all FOUND technology (see what i mean? Little thing like THAT bug me. Still not judging)

Its only two reasons but i felt that I had to say the first one. And Master Chief isn't the only Spartan that had an A.I. Naomi-010 had the A.I. BlackBox.

For the first point - Never read Grasslands, interesting though but still irrelevant to the main part of my hypothesis.

As for the second point - I said in the original post :

HUMAN

as it states 'in their galaxy'. So im not sure why that bothers you.

Post something informative and or relating to the thread you are replying to. Posting about stuff that 'bugs you' is neither helpful nor informative, other than making you come off as some rambling idiot. 

I still believe that Johnson may come back... I know for a fact the Arbiter will return, but I am only 87.9998% sure that Johnson will...

(Saving Johnsons Life! And then Keeping Him Alive!)

(Getting Johnson Off of Instillation 04 in Halo 3)

Remember this.. Bungie knew about this glitch before they released the game but did not fix it. Rumor has it bungie is also the one who leaked the glitch in the first place, so people would know that it existed. And they NEVER denied that after performing the glitch that it broke canon... So even if you save johson's life and get him off of the halo ring... It is still canon (according to Bungie).

If you look at johnsons actual death in the cutscene, his body slides off the catwalk into the abyss inside the falling apart control room... But it never showed what happened after that! Maybe a Sentinel, or a flood, or even a Promethean could have saw johnson falling and teleported him somewhere safe, and then revived his body, repaired his wounds and armor, and then nursed him back to health! There is no Physical proof johnson is dead!  ( Like A rotting corpse of johnson in possession of a human to Confirm it).

On top of that Remember Johnson Survived being infected by the flood, being assaulted directly by Covenant forces, the Destruction of the Pillar of Autumn, and The explosion of Installation 04! So a little beam of light from a mediocre robot, wont kill johnson! He is way to tough for that.. He is alive.. Somewhere...

But the Ark was destroyed by an explosion larger than the Earth. I don't think anyone, no matter how tough, could survive that. Plus, when the Ark was destroyed, so was the atmosphere, even Sgt. Johnson needs oxygen. So, he is definitely dead. I wish he didn't die either, but, he did and we can't deny that. :(