Ashes of Mombassa-RP thread

"Uh... roger that..." Scott switched off his radio. "S--t, I don't know which one of those is more terrifying..."

Scott banked his fighter and started his approach to the Air-base. He checked his ammo reserves.

30,000 MG rounds.

6 Hammerhead Air-to-air missiles.

2 Cluster bombs.

2, 100 count rocket pods.

"Enough to fight a war on my own." Scott said with a grin.

Ivan finally arrived at the military productions facility and shot his wraith cannon. The projectile sparked through the sky and then crashed down upon a small area where a few ghosts we being held. He continued firing at various hardware creation areas. They erupted in light and energy, signaling that they were destroyed.

"Three-Charlie, we have arrived." The Russian said.

Juarez shook his head as they pulled around the corner. He wasn't much liking the amount of radio traffic being tossed around, a good number of it hardly mission sensitive. Nonetheless, a reply was still in order. "Three Charlie pulling in now. Out." The vehicles grinded to a halt, staggering a line around the park area. Turrets swiveled outward, covering the perimeter while the Marines slipped out of their carriers, bounding toward the resupply point.

Lockett strolled in tow, covering the rear of their line, half-heartedly engaging in a ready stance. "Man this place is a straw away from turning into a free fire zone."

"Just restock on ammo and get a move on."

"Roger. Oh yeah," he pointed his thumb over his shoulder, at the wraith tank looming over the zone, "Ivan's at our six."

"Yeah, I can see that," the Sergeant said, waving to the blue-purple mass. "Keep it tight and don't deviate. If anythings starts getting nosey, I don't want anyone to be in that thing's kill radius."

With that, they began to restock, handing out respective ammunition types to the appropriate MOS. Lockett didn't have a whole lot of trouble finding his .30 caliber reloads. He did, however, dig to the bottom, unveiling a 100 round box of incendiary rounds. "Time to turn up the heat," he joked.

Jonas shook his head. "Oh, shut the f*** up, Aaron."

Hovering into the square with what was left of his tank, Kyro turned to notice a large Covenant baricade with a large group of grunts near where a marker showed 3/C. The grunts noticed the flaming wraith as well and began to open fire. Slamming the controls forward and pressing the boost, Kyro barreled towards the fortifications dragging one of the "wings" of the tank with a screatching sound and a shower of sparks. Slamming into the embankment and running it down, the tank became jammed on top of the fortification and the alarms began to blare even louder. Lunging out of the tank and diving to the ground, Kyro heard the tank explode behind him as he rolled across the pavement. Jumping up, he brushed himself off and howled, "YEEEEEEHAAAAW! That's what you get you blue blooded freaks!" Turning he watched the grunts running wildly around in flames, their methane tanks exploding every so often. He walked over towards 3/C's marker, removed his helmet, lowered his shades, straightened his cap, and lit a cigar.

At the impromptu sounds of carnage, Lockett's squad spun about. They were about to form a defensive perimeter when, all of the sudden, Kyro's Wraith went crashing through the mass of Unggoy fodder troops. Aaron lowered his squad automatic weapon just as he saw the Helljumper making his way over, show-boating his presence by bellowing out jargon against the defeated enemies, but more foolishly removing his helmet to light a cigar in an active combat zone.

With a scoff, the private rose to his feet from a kneeling position and shook his head. "F***stick," he muttered beneath his breath.

A hand slapped his shoulder, and then Wyk appeared beside him. "Woah, man. Easy with the name calling. That's an ODST."

"That's all fine and dandy," Aaron said, keeping his tone low, even though he had a suspicion that his discretion would go unwarranted anyway. "What isn't is the fact that he's making more noise than we should have to deal with right now. He didn't even call his targets."

"Well then take it up the chain."

"Nah. We've got more important things to do. Let's get this gear stocked and get out of here."

"Three Charlie, Pelicans en-Route to pick you lot up. We're shipping in some technicians and other squads to help lock down our new base. I've been told that the Say my Name is dropping in reinforcement ODST's onto that carrier to capture some target. Some supply ships have dropped out of slipstream just for us, one is directly helping us. Get that facility clear, so we can start taking in mass vehicles and weapons." After that, the platoon he quickly assembled began barricading roads and clearing adjacent buildings. After the SpecOps team slipped in, they couldn't risk another breach.

"Three Charlie, this is Ivan. I'm finding the central production facility of Covenant equipment in the depot. And I don't think you heard me before, but Kyro and I are not ODSTs. I'm a Recon Agent, but not an ODST. Kyro is sort of a sniper, but not an ODST. Anyway, the facility is on the North side of the depot, so grab what you can and meet me there." Ivan said. Then he pressed the booster button and sped into the depot, which was stuffed with machines and other crap.

How odd for the Covenant to reprogram the entire depot to make their weapons, the Russian thought.

"Three Charlie, this is Ivan. I'm finding the central production facility of Covenant equipment in the depot. And I don't think you heard me before, but Kyro and I are not ODSTs. I'm a Recon Agent, but not an ODST. Kyro is sort of a sniper, but not an ODST. Anyway, the facility is on the North side of the depot, so grab what you can and meet me there." Ivan said. Then he pressed the booster button and sped into the depot, which was stuffed with machines and other crap.

How odd for the Covenant to reprogram the entire depot to make their weapons, the Russian thought.

[really have to lay off the non-consequential radio use... and actually my guy is an ODST :X]

Kyro strolled across the field with plasma blazing past him every so often and made his way to 3/C. "Howdy boys. Who's the CO? We got a covie facility to torch here and not much time to do it in." Turning Kyro spoke into his radio, "Ivan can you provide cover for the squad to enter the building? My wraith just decided to go all to pieces."

[Eh? It's a human weapons factory, with warehouses of supplies? Boss was going for the covenant air depot near the main bridge on the Scarabs route. I think you're getting mixed up here. Wolfy, explain non-consequential.]

[He means non-mission-sensitive stuff. Geek's having his character put a little much effort into explaining his outfit, so his radio reports are coming out as rather long winded. I understand his need to clarify, but firstly Ivan's hearing dialogue that is in no way possible for him to hear being far out of earshot, and my Marines aren't going to be on open comms 24/7. I can work with it though.]

Juarez waved his hand off at Kyro for a brief moment as his comm came back to life. "Yeah, Ivan, we got that. Thanks." Tuning out his radio with a curse, he looked back at the Helljumper in their presence. "We noticed. The next time you want to go Banzai charging, let us know, yeah?"

Lockett glanced about at the mention of their CO. Lieutenant Kirkland was off to the side, away from the convoy and already directing the assembly of a security checkpoint. He had already been filled in on their mission objective, so to cut out the middle man, he had given First Squad the task of clearing the assigned facility.

Juarez simply straightened out before Kyro. "We're your squad. Six Marines, plus one Corpsman. Command says we're inserting via Pelican, if I'm correct?"

((Right, it was only a matter of time before I ****** up, like I do in every RP.))

[chill brah >.<]

[Eh? It's a human weapons factory, with warehouses of supplies? Boss was going for the covenant air depot near the main bridge on the Scarabs route. I think you're getting mixed up here. Wolfy, explain non-consequential.]

[wait~ who owns the factory~? that confused more than clarified]

[Humans own it, Covenant occupying to cut off supplies, my character being on mic is the only way to communicate with you guys, though I will probably board the pelican to stop with that. Geek, you didn't mess up, you just misread is all, no biggy. Just go from here ^_^]

Jacob, after being assured by area recon that the sectors in the immediate vicinity if the command structure, stepped nervously onto the third pelican. The squad and Wraiths had somehow managed not to blow up the munitions depot in the process. Once Eagle took down the air base and maybe commandeered a few Banshees, the command centre and warehouses could have proper supply lines established and a full war effort established without relying on ships in orbit. As the ship used off, he could suddenly see the damage done to the city in the space of hours. Entire blocks and skyscrapers were flattened or flooded. In a few minutes, the large industrial complex could be seen. In one corner was a large pile of bodies, waiting to be burnt by a Hellbringer. He saw the two pelicans in front touch down on the Tarmac, before long, he was descending and on loading off the ramp. He saw Ivan in the distance standing next to his wraith, which was being repainted green. He walked over, "Ivan, good to see you alive and well. What kinds of munitions we packing in these were houses? Huh?"

[Geek, in other words, you get to decide what weapons and vehicles we are having, enjoy.]

Ivan looked around at the munitions storage rooms, and smiled. This would be a lot of fun. Some of these things could really pack a punch. And a punch is what they needed to drive the Covenant off. In other words, firepower was of the up most importance.

"Well sir, from what I can see we have some nice additions. A dozen mongooses, four scorpion tanks, six gauss hogs, and six normal hogs. Also.. wait a second." The Russian looked at something that said 'Prototype: C15 Gryffin'. "Apparently there is a prototype called a 'Gryffin'. Let's see. HOLY ****!"

He opened up the steel door to see one of the strongest looking vehicles ever. "Sir, it has warthog class machine guns on its arms, one tank cannon on the top of its head, and two gauss cannons on the sides of its head. Also, it has a missile silo. This is the only one the UNSC EVER produced, so we should use it carefully. And don't forget about the other things I mentioned."

((I'm not trying to be OP, but the weakness to the Gryffin is that is is absolutely PRONE to malfunctioning, so it has to happen somewhere in the RP. And Helljumper, from the previous experience in my RP you don't like fanon, so I apologize with the up most sincerity.))

Edited by HaloGeek

[DA FRAK IS THAT THING?! YOU OUGHT TO SEND THAT **** BACK TO MECHWARRIOR. Just kidding. Bacon said that Halo 4 weapons were allowed, and if the UNSC can produce Mantises then why the hell not bring along a jazzed up bi-pedal tank. The one thing I'm confused on is what kind of missile silo are we talking here: Cheyenne style or shoulder-mounted, Metal Gear REX style of silo? I just need to visualize this thing.]

Lockett shifted his weight at the emergence of what could only be described as the Goliath big-brother to the Mantis. Corporal James Malachi and Private Richard Grey were both at his sides, heads partially cocked to either side as they strained their necks to look at the thing. "So...fire support?"

Malachi grunted. "Sh**, Lockett, if that's fire support, then I don't even know why the hell they've got us, much less, ODSTs on the ground with it."

"Oh that's an easy one. Security."

"Good pilots don't need security," Grey said, his naturally low voice cutting in appropriately at the brief silence. "Then again, I'm just a Marksman, so what do I know?"

"You put yourself down too easily, Rick," a fourth voice said. Sarah Redding, their squad Corpsman, had her helmet hanging at her hip as she retied her blonde hair back into the best ponytail she could manage. Just then, Juarez neared the group. "What's the call?" she asked, fitting her helmet back on her head.

The Sergeant jerked his chin toward an idle Pelican. "That's our bird. We'll be briefed en route."

"Works for me."

"I would advise stocking up on weapons and ammo for you guys and the 'Hogs if you haven't already. The next step now is pretty simple, hunt down any Alligators hiding in the streets between here and the command post. This will be pretty simple for you guys. Once the streets are mostly clear, we can send some vehicles back to begin shipping ammo. Anyway, Pelican's on standby for wherever you plan on going." Turning back to the... Thing, in front of him, he just whistled and smiled. "Ivan, how do you think this thing would perform against a Scarab? I'm betting that that missile launcher could punch that armour easy. Prep the Warthogs with boxes of weapons and ammo, get ready to resupply the command post as soon as Three-Charlie reports the streets safe."

[You can take that or do what you planned if you planned something]

Kyro was standing near a table of weapons reloading on ammunition when he heard a giant commotion over at a large metalic crate. He noticed Ivan swooning over whatever was inside and rolled his eyes. Jamming one more clip of ammunition into his belt, he began to walk away but came to a sudden stop and backed up several feet. Turning to face the table, a grin spread from ear to ear on his face. He slowly removed the cigar from his mouth, "Where were you all my life baby..." He raised a 50 cal sniper off the table and ran his hand over its massive scope. "Some blue-bloods are about to learn the meaning of terror."

Scott's Longsword rocked as another fuel rod shot bounced off of it's shields. The Covenant's air superiority in this sector was astonishing, and Scott was using every maneuver in the textbook, and a few that weren't, trying to fight them off. The Banshee's weren't bad, it was the Vampires that really made his job hard. When they got behind him, he couldn't just fly up like he did with the Banshee's. He had to rely on his Fighter's speed and his reflexes, flying low through the city to lose them.

One of the Vampires broke off from chasing him, and disappeared into the city, leaving it's wing-man following Scott.

"And where is he going?" Scott muttered. His pursuer kept up the pressure, and Scott weaved through the buildings of New Mombassa, keeping him from being an easy target.

Scott's reaction time was down to milliseconds, as adrenaline coursed in his body. Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion.

Suddenly, the first Vampire burst out in front of him. Instinctively, Scott pulled up on the flight stick, avoiding the Vampire by inches. The two Vampires collided, exploding and spewing Plasma over the surrounding buildings.

"Man, they should make a movie about me!" Scott laughed as he banked around another building, going back for more.

((It is a shoulder mounted silo.))

"Well, considering the plasma charges on the end of the missiles I would say it could punch a hole in a Scarab. What I'm worried about is how it is a Prototype. But anyway, this thing is probably as and if not more powerful then the Cobra that we already have. I wouldn't mind taking this for a spin against the Covies. The base is secure." Ivan replied as he walked up to the giant bi-pedal multi-purpose drivable weapon. He jumped, grabbed the side, and pulled himself in. The Russian was surprise to see not that many controls. There were two joystick looking movement controllers, and one button for every weapon.

Ivan popped out of the hatch and yelled at Three-Charlie. "Take a look at the streets from the skies. If you find a group of alligators you cannot take from the air, land and take them out. I'm going to report back to the command centre during the temporary cease-fire. We all know what to do, let's get going." 

He turned is comm back to the Captain as he popped the hatch back closed. "I'll take this thing back to base while the others hunt. ETA 12 minutes. Ivan out."

Kyro winced as it appeared the corpral was issuing orders when he returned to the group. He shrugged it off however and moved towards a hog on the other side of the room. On the way he opened a com to the Captain, "CSM Sorottou reporting in from the munitions depot. Where am I needed, sir?" He climbed in the hog and started it up.

Turning his attention to the new channel, replying with "Notging much right now. Same deal as what everyone else has; clear the streets along he waterfront to link our bases together. Once done, we can survive of our own backs if the Clad goes out of system. Take whatever you need, we have plenty, clear the streets."

HaloGeek, on 19 May 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

(Also orange, you have 2 strikes. One more and you can't post at all in this RP. The first strike was posting when you weren't accepted, and the second was controlling

BaconShelf's character. I don't want to see you earn another strike))

"Scott, I'll help you. But remember, I'm a Recon Agent. This isn't my thing. One flaw in the energy shield, as that only organic matter, besides Covenant vehicles, can enter the shield. The generator is in the middle, and I have to get into it. Of course, I'll find a way. Keep me posted on the progress of air superiority, and if you are good at remembering numbers tell me how many you have destroyed every 5 minutes. Ivan out." Ivan said as he stood up and hit behind a pillar. The brutes were huge up close, and the Elites seemed even taller. However this didn't bother him, and he activated his active camouflage armor upgrade. He watched as his body disappeared, and then slowly moved into the shield. He was amongst Covenant forces, and started sweating but didn't panic. There was a cylinder shaped object with energy pulsing out of it and then forming the shield. It was probably the generator, so Ivan walked up to it and chucked a plasma grenade on it. Then he silently jumped out of the shield, the Covenant unaware of his once being there. The grenade exploded and the shield went down. Covenant started going crazy and firing orders at each other.

"This is Ivan, shield's down. Fire away." Ivan said happily to Scott.

The reason I controlled him was because I thought he was gone for a week. sleep.png

This is my first RP actually, I thought when he said "Do not post here until you have signed up here;" he mean't once I posted my character there I was good to go. And I just want to say, you don't have to be so mean about it.

(Can someone make sure that I have everything correct? I'll edit where needed.)

SFC Murhpy, ODST M255, Time unknown, somewhere on the outskirts of Mombassa.

"Argh, son of a..."

Murhpy woke up to a feeling of pain, most likely coming from the pile of scrap he was buried under.

He mustered the strentgh to free himself from the twisted wreck, stumbling to his feet.

Getting his bearings and doing a few quick excercises to make sure he was okay to hoof it.

"Nothing's broken I guess, sure fee.....aw crap!"

He only then realised that he had in fact broken something. He picked the tatterd remains of his backpack up, but no sign of the contents.

He was lucky to have the hardcase at least.

The outskirts of the city were quiet, save for the odd Longsword or Seraph. The city it's self looked anything but.

Fires raging, bullets, plasma, bombings, artillery and that massive Carrier hovering over the area.

He ran for what felt like hours until he was lucky enough to come across a marine patrol.

After a short, rather uneventful trip, he found himself at some munitions depot.

He was directed to the CO and introduced himself.

"SFC Murphy, sir! Scorpion, ready to sting!"