Dominion: The Day Away Playdate

fFXhC9o.png

Special thanks to Iɴsɪɢɴɪᴀ for the awesome banner!

SATURDAY, JUNE 1ST 2013

11AM EST ONWARDS

Summer is almost upon us, with all the free time, warm weather and sunshine* that entails (*not available in UK). To celebrate its arrival, 343industries.org invites you to a day of frantic action, base capturing and general chaos in the form of our first special event playdate - now made with 100% Dominion!

For those of you unfamiliar with it, Dominion is a unique gametype where the objective is to capture and defend bases in order to collect points. Sounds a little like Territories, right? Well, these aren't passive spots who sit passively waiting to be captured. Instead, they're fully-fledged bases, complete with team-specific shield doors, regular weapon drops to give their owners even more firepower - and of course, deadly automatic sentry guns which mean that your hard-won bases are quite capable of defending themselves against enemy land-grabbers.

To ensure our first special event is packed with the best maps possible, we've enlisted the help of legendary Dominion forger and current MoM AbleSir Thomas, who has hand-picked only the best of the best Dominion maps for us to use!

To attend, all you have to do is post your gamertag in this thread, or be in the shoutbox at the time of the playdate and ask for an invite - your lobby hosts for the day will be RedStarRocket91, Drizzy_Dan, and AbleSir Thomas!

NEW!

Check out

fantastic announcement video, made specially for us by the folks at THFE, for a chance to get a sneak preview of some of the maps that will be appearing at today's playdate!

I probably going to join but I don't know how to. My gamertag is El1te L1ghtn1ng

• Like 1

I'm assuming that with 3 hosts, there will either be circulating members or you'll just stay in one lobby the whole time. Realistically, you can leave whenever you want - this is a video game, not jail time, Im sure that all 3 hosts will send you an invite and it'll become first comes; first served.

Note to all - Im bringing my capture card along for a dominion-tage of fun, epic team moments so keep up your show face! :D Hopefully it's circulating members so I can be on everyone's team. If it isn't, ill still ask if I could move lobbies or something.

I have to ask, do we need to be invited into the game party? Or are just joining as long as we please? Someone help!

We have an explanation topic here. Now that you've left your name, all you need to do is send one of us a message when the playdate starts to let us know you're still interested :)

• Like 1