kowloon

Dominion  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should dominion get Ragnarok as a map?

• Yes, it should become a dominion map?
    • No, it shouldn't become a dominion map?

It would be interesting, but B then would really need some additions to it and really good weapon/vehicle drops.

Yeah I would like to see how many people would enjoy it and a little more cover at B then just strong weapons and vehicles. Because my friends and me were talking about it last week or so and we don't want to play exile all the time and the weapons would change on the map for the rockets. In halo 3 put rockets by the pelican again so we can get that little h3 feeling again.

I think if it was it should have five bases and be like Big Team Dominion. For those five bases there should be four N, E, S, W, and the fifth should be in the middle.

Well there are a few ups and downs to this.

1. It's a good thing to have 5 bases in a btb playlists
  2. 5 bases would take to long to control
  3. And the size of the map also for it having 5 bases will go quicker per game
  4. It will be harder to get out of spawn due to the power weapons spawning for that team

Well there are a few ups and downs to this.

1. It's a good thing to have 5 bases in a btb playlists
  2. 5 bases would take to long to control
  3. And the size of the map also for it having 5 bases will go quicker per game
  4.  It will be harder to get out of spawn due to the power weapons spawning for that team

for .3 just increase the score needed to win and that would take care of probably

.4 I don't know its not like it'd be easy to take all 5 bases because its a large map

i agree some what but wheres the other base going to be at i mean there really no cover for it 

I'm trying to figure out where the other bases would go and if I find a good spot I will make the map if possible. (not a forge person)

I had to vote no simply on the basis that ragnorak was designed as a very open vehicular map and simply doesn't include the covered defensible positions necessary for a proper playing dominion map. Lets take a look at some of the other popular dominion maps.

Exile has its three bases. One of the is located indoors under the cover of the guass hog building. The opposing base houses the other terminal. Once again clearly covered as to promote defensive tactics and such.

Dominion has one of its bases stowed away inside of some interesting rock formations that with the implementation of the base shields leaves it well protected. Then the other two bases are located inside of the massive structure on top of the map as well as the smaller sub-base that houses one of the neutral ghosts.

There is no architecture on Ragnorak to promote dominion the way it is meant to be played. Furthermore one problem I think the map may run into is that it might be too thin for dominion. To control the top hill of the map would render the controlling team invincible. This is of course due to the fact that there's not a whole lot of good options for avoiding power vehicles on the way to the opposing base.

Perhaps with some forging it could be made to work. Weapons and vehicles would have to be considered to lower the amount of dominance control of the central hill of the map granted the controlling team, and some slight forging would be require in order to map the locations more baselile.

(I'm assuming the bases would be middle hill the leaning rock and the caves by pelican.)

Edited by SweatyBagels

I had to vote no simply on the basis that ragnorak was designed as a very open vehicular map and simply doesn't include the covered defensible positions necessary for a proper playing dominion map. Lets take a look at some of the other popular dominion maps.

Exile has its three bases. One of the is located indoors under the cover of the guass hog building. The opposing base houses the other terminal. Once again clearly covered as to promote defensive tactics and such.

Dominion has one of its bases stowed away inside of some interesting rock formations that with the implementation of the base shields leaves it well protected. Then the other two bases are located inside of the massive structure on top of the map as well as the smaller sub-base that houses one of the neutral ghosts.

There is no architecture on Ragnorak to promote dominion the way it is meant to be played. Furthermore one problem I think the map may run into is that it might be too thin for dominion. To control the top hill of the map would render the controlling team invincible. This is of course due to the fact that there's not a whole lot of good options for avoiding power vehicles on the way to the opposing base.

Perhaps with some forging it could be made to work. Weapons and vehicles would have to be considered to lower the amount of dominance control of the central hill of the map granted the controlling team, and some slight forging would be require in order to map the locations more baselile.

(I'm assuming the bases would be middle hill the leaning rock and the caves by pelican.)

Based on Meltdown alone I gotta disagree.

What you'd end up with is a Dominion map that plays like most Dominion maps, each team has an easy time capturing one of two bases: A or C, and then they fight like hell over Bravo.

To make Ragnarok Dominion-ready I'd put a small shelter on the center hill about where laser spawns (to be equidistant from either side) and then put the capture station in it. That way capping it didn't mean you immediately died to the other team. I might put a shield merged on the capture point aligned so that you could see through but not shoot through, then either team could run up one guy and cap the point, but to defend it you need to have someone watching his back.

Then I'd either leave the spawns as they are, rotate them to be on Pelican and Rockets (Adding cover to rockets if I took this option), or just add more spawns so that people losing their base aren't torn between 1.) totally screwed and 2.) spawning right back on it for an easy re-cap.

The trouble I have isn't imagining how to make it work, it's figuring out why I'd bother. I don't do very well in Dominion and this is enough to make me happy not playing it. So having it on Ragnarok isn't therefore a big priority for me. Of course my very dislike and lack of love for Dominion may suggest that I'm far from the best person to judge a map's suitability for it, which is a fair criticism to make.