Map Name: Elysian

File Share's Gamertag: Blaq Cloud

Canvas: Forge Island

Last Updated: May 12,2013

Tags: None

Supported Gametypes: Slayer, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Extraction, Oddball, mutli-team

Best Gametypes: Slayer, Capture the Flag

Team sizes: 4 to 6 players per team

Initial ordnance: 

Rocket Launcher

Random ordnance:

Sticky Detinator

Shotgun

Railgun

Weapons on the Map:

(2) Sniper (90s) 1 spare

(2) Needler (120)

Budget: 9800/10000

Additional Info: Also features 2 fusion coils on 120 second respawn timers. (top Gold and Green)

Screenshots: 

Map Description: Elysain is an inverse symmetrical design, With a stout focus on top control of the middle structures. The map is designed primarily to play with 2 teams ranging from four per team to a max of six, but does support multiple teams. The ghosts are powerful on this map and can easily move between areas. However, there are many weapons and positions on the map that help counter them, allowing for a good balance of vehicular and infantry based gameplay. 

There is a player trait zones on this map to cap the height in with a player can reach. The trait zone disables equipment but does not changes to player gravity.

post-71061-0-66787200-1368413751_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-71969600-1368413762_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-52210000-1368413778_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-48975800-1368413780_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-15256500-1368413782_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-94899400-1368413783_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-71261200-1368413785_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-16935000-1368413788_thumb.jpg

post-71061-0-04533400-1368413790_thumb.jpg

Hey man, it's Zandril. I helped test this with you if you remember me.

Anyways, this map was a lot of fun to play on. Mostly because my team won all the matches. :)

One thing though. Have you fixed it where the ghost no longer spawns in extraction?

Yep they are still there. They are an important part of the game, normally there are tons of weapons on the map to kill them quick. It just so happened the extraction gametype we played didn't allow for the ordnance drops. But i'll definitely consider making them slayer only.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Dl and check this out. I like maps that are built low enough on FI to get that haze coming off the water to show through. Kinda like a free special effect. One thing I would like to comment on is how everyone names their maps a lot alike. The majority seem to follow the trend the developers started: One word ambigious names. Which are cool, sure.. but, when everyone adopts that unspoken policy it doesn't help one's map stand out from the pack. Long story short, why don't we start getting creative on how we name our maps?

-D

I remember playing this one a while back. I ran around it again and I had a few small suggestions. First let me say though that the map is beautiful and plays quite well for CTF. 

• I noticed that the snipers on random drop in the tree platforms in front of each base were a little hard to see. Might be best to put them on the ground level where they won't be obscured by the tree branches. 

• I find myself always running up the rock ramps by the ghosts and having nowhere to go, while feeling like maybe there should be a way to go. It might be a good idea to create a jump up that goes from the rock platforms over the ghosts and onto the rooms looking out over the ghosts. 

As a final note, I got a lot of entertainment out of jumping up and down on the mongooses and hearing them get low enough to the floor to make a splash sound. Once again, pretty good looking and playing map Blaq Cloud!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new hallways a lot, now you have a lot more choice when running the flag/ you have to work harder to defend it. I'm sad to see the ghosts go but I don't think it was a bad choice for the map, as there is no real circuit to drive them on and you ended up having to take them through the middle. I'm pretty happy with the new version, though I see you still have those random drops in the trees. I'm not sure if it will make them that hard to see, but my point with those wasn't that there shouldn't be random snipers there, just that there shouldn't be weapons obscured by tree branches. I do like that they are sticky detonators now though either way. 

Thanks for the feedback shoe! I'm glad you like it. Yeah I too are sad about the ghosts but they just didn't work the way I wanted. The random drops are more middle tier now, and power weapons have fixed or inital spawn. What you said about the items in the trees make sense, so I'll just move them to the ground where they are a bit more visible.

Thanks again.