Call of Duty..

Fishy

So I have been wondering for a while, what exactly do you think call of duty advantages are based off?

Is CoD based off skill? Do you need to know how to play, and know the layout of the map in order to win?

Or is it off what to use? Do you need to know what weapons to use, what perks, and killstreaks? That way you can find the cheap kill weapon and use that?

or is there any other way anybody would like to share with me?

I currently am confused on this topic.

• Like 1

All you really need to do is have any overpowered weapon (Maybe the Skorpion EVO) camp in a room and rack up kills.

So basically this answer,

Do you need to know what weapons to use, what perks, and killstreaks? That way you can find the cheap kill weapon and use that?

Alright, here we go.

Call of Duty is a very sparsed game, and for that reason it has a very large group of players. You have many playlists, much more than that which we see on Halo. For each playlist there are many different types of ways to win. If I need to detail it, I will do it later.

For this post, let's talk about the 'Fun' of call of duty.

To do that, let's all ignore the crazy, fun things you might find as a super-casual player, things that may be put on youtube channels such as VanossGaming, TrollarchOffice and channels of members of the Trolliance (A group of - you guessed it - trolls)

Now, we'll take most of the core playlists here - TDM...Domination....Kill Confirmed.....Hardpoint......most of them, while objective based, are built so that if one team has a lot of kills, they win. Obviously, you could do things like use rush-based classes only and just speed-cap, or place down Claymores and then hide and wait, but as I said, ignore the crazy fun things. You will win based on how many times you are smashing the enemy back into their spawn. So yeah, knowing the map is vital. Why?

Spawns flip a lot more in CoD maps, especially in certain playlists. In fact, Demolition, Domination and CTF are really the only maps where you have stationary spawns, with Domination being that you can control it as well. If you know the map, you'll know where the enemy could be spawning depending on where you just killed them. That being said, I admit that I'm lazy. I hate TDM because of flipping spawns; I play Domination a lot because it's easy to play defense and survive, rather than aggressively rushing the spawn in TDM and then flipping it and doing the same.

Obviously, hardcore means players are more hardcore, so less bullets to kill, more teamwork based players with mics. Sometimes I have fun playing Hardcore seriously as well, as (Being from Hong Kong) it's the only place I get players with mics when searching alone, even if I do end up with a red-bar and terrible lag.

So, next, onto creating a class. Explaining it from my point of view, Weapon determines playstyle, and everything else is support. Shotguns are for CQC, you're always flanking. SMG and Assault Rifles are both versatile, with SMG leaning to offense and AR's to defense, and LMG's are defense based yet can be used offensively (IE Spawn trap) and Snipers defense provided you aren't jumping off a cliff doing 720's while double tapping y and throwing a stun and then noscoping some poor kid who doesn't have your approval to appear in your youtube montage - which is a source of fun for some, legit. Don't judge.

So, yeah, weapons do make a difference, and so too do perks and equipment, which help you out a lot. If you're wondering why there are so many of the same type of guns, well, it's because people have preferences. Like how people might like the BR better than the DMR, or vice versa, people might like this SMG which sprays faster for higher recoil, rather than this one with low recoil but lower fire rate. After all, based on their playstyles they can do better or worse depending on guns and it all depends on how well they 'exploit' each tactic.

Oh, and about tactics, there are many things considered 'skillful', although most of the time people with skill are called trash. Cod Logic, don't ask why. THings like drop shotting, where you go prone immediately after entering a firefight with near-no cover, so as to reduce your hitbox on the enemy's screen and also temporarily knock off the aim, or halojumping, (And yeah, it's named after Halo) where you turn a corner and jump to surprise an enemy, or even quickscoping, which, while I dislike as it's unrealistic and I find it unfair to other guns, people use 1-hit-to-chest snipers and the auto-aim in the game to not even bother aim, just zoom in and 1-hit-kill you before your bullets hit them.

About killstreaks, you might find them cheap but I think I find them WAAAAAAY more skillful than Ordnance in Halo 4. 

Halo 4 logic: "The noob took 5 minutes to get 5 kills. He might have an Inc cannon or a needler." "The pro took 45 seconds to get 10 kills. Even with a killionaire, he might get a speed boost and frag grenades."

Cod killstreaks: "Preselected, once you score enough points/kills [Note - in old games, it was actually killstreaks. In MW3, playing the objective was included to add 1 'kill' to your streak. In BO2, it just turned into points, each kill rewarding X-Amount, and doing good things to your team awarding more] you get something that could help you out. Whether it be a UAV, or the 10x better version, an Orbital V-Sat, to help you know where your enemies are before they know you exist, or the turret/guardian to protect an objective, or the War Machine as a custom super-weapon, or the stronger, player controlled jets and helicopters and finally the Attack Dogs and Swarms to murder people as they spawn, 1. The more damage they deal the more skillful you need to be to get, 2. Give you a rush you never feel in Halo.

I think it's fun when I poop on kids with my swarms.

Now, of course, about the fun, there's always bs here and there. Lag compensation - can't help it. Campers, too. But, well, a camper may average about 12 kills per game but as a team player, if I did go tryhard mode while playing alone I can easily score 40+ kills, effectively being 4 campers at once, except if I'm camping anywhere, it's "everywhere". OP guns have been fixed on Cod for more than on Halo.

Now, on to the other, crazy, wacky fun sides.....to let you know exactly how fun playing casually with friends on playlists like search and destroy, simply view the youtube videos. Back in the days of 2009, commentators ruled the intervidoewebs. Now? Funtages, Trolling, Ninja Defuse montages. I've even made a few.

And dang, is CoD fun. You may think otherwise, but that's probably because of a semi-biased view and the fact that you haven't given it enough time. I live in HK - I never get to play with people with mics. Yet, no matter what, I still manage to have fun and should you choose to play with me, I promise you it'll be like you're high except you aren't. And no, I've never been high myself.

• Like 1

So basically this answer,

Do you need to know what weapons to use, what perks, and killstreaks? That way you can find the cheap kill weapon and use that?

Pretty much.

Use an overpowered weapon, camp and spray and pray. Do this and you'll dominate.

Pretty much.

Use an overpowered weapon, camp and spray and pray. Do this and you'll dominate.

Skillful people beat these kids every day.

In any case, there's still a massive amount of things I can talk about involving fun, but I'm not sure people are even bothering to read it.