Multiplayer is suffering....

Kashnasty

343, the game is very elaborate and the story continues very well in Halo 4 which is great but, multiplayer has sold out to consumers. Taking options that are comparable to other games (loadouts, kill cam, instant respawn) is an attempt to attract new fans who enjoy other first person shooters, and is a sells strategy. Loyal fans will continue to be disappointed with multiplayer. As a huge fan of the story line and books I will continue to purchase any upcoming Halos created but, multiplayer has suffered in my opinion. Im sure the sells team at 343 is just strategizing by keeping loyal fans happy with continuing the campaign story but, trying to grab new, younger fans by copying other popular first person shooter games multiplayer mode. It is obvious. Who cares who buys the game or their opinion of it as long as they still buy it.... sucks. Please try to keep it real. Dont be a follower. Be the leader that once was the Halo franchise.

wwmcd?

• Like 1

I love Multiplayer. I'll like it even better when the weapon buffing update releases, BR will be 4 shot kill, Carbine will be 7, all automatic weapons damage will be increased but there will be less aim assist, so it won't be spray and pray. 

Really though, was this topic necessary? There isn't much more 343i can do to Halo 4's multiplayer, it will stay as it is. They should start focusing on Halo 5 multiplayer. 343i admitted their mistakes. My point is that 343i is obviously trying, but they will not magically transform Halo 4's multiplayer, they are trying to work it's way up from some faults in the past, and they're doing well. They are doing better, so topic's complaining about the multiplayer are kinda useless. The way I see it, it is just a video game. If people learned to not take it so seriously and play for the fun of it, then Halo 4 multiplayer will probably be considered one of the most fun Halo games. 

The reason COD is so popular is because it was built for the casual. They have some competitive aspects to it, like League playlists, but most playlists are completely unbalanced and unfair, especially to new players. Halo was built for the competitive from the beginning, and became more fun at the expense of some of it's competitive gameplay. People like COD because the games engine is always reused, Halo's is always modified. I think the COD vs Halo thing is idiotic, I like both games.

Okay I know none of the above was necessary for this topic, but I'm trying to say that Halo is still fun, even if it lacks it's competitive gameplay. Well, for me at least. People say true fans will criticize the game because it is growing too far from where it began, but I say games must evolve, we can't have Halo 3 with updated graphics.

• Like 2

343, the game is very elaborate and the story continues very well in Halo 4 which is great but, multiplayer has sold out to consumers. Taking options that are comparable to other games (loadouts, kill cam, instant respawn) is an attempt to attract new fans who enjoy other first person shooters, and is a sells strategy. Loyal fans will continue to be disappointed with multiplayer. As a huge fan of the story line and books I will continue to purchase any upcoming Halos created but, multiplayer has suffered in my opinion. Im sure the sells team at 343 is just strategizing by keeping loyal fans happy with continuing the campaign story but, trying to grab new, younger fans by copying other popular first person shooter games multiplayer mode. It is obvious. Who cares who buys the game or their opinion of it as long as they still buy it.... sucks. Please try to keep it real. Dont be a follower. Be the leader that once was the Halo franchise.

wwmcd?

i dont believe you are entirely correct yes they did screw some things up on the MP but sold out is kind of a harsh term in my opinion at least so far like ive stated before Halo 4 is 343s FIRST ATTEMPT for a Halo game and frankly i dont think they did that bad

• Like 1

i think they should model there next multiplayer after halo 2. by far the best multiplayer experience in gaming (in my opinion). it wasn't overly complicated or to difficult for the casual gamer. in many ways it was noob friendly at the same time as competitive and as fun as other halo titles if not more.