Map Name: Ender

Author: The Fated Fire

Fileshare: The Fated Fire

Download Link: Ender

Primary Gametype: CTF

[media=600x500]

[/media]

Ender is an inverse symmetrical arena designed at its core for CTF. Ender is a reforge of Black Site, a map canvased on Erosion that appeared in the Community Forge FFA playlist and that will begin appearing in the SWAT, Rumble Pit, and Flood playlist starting Monday. Ender, canvased on Forge Island, is designed to promote constant movement and acrobatics as core gameplay features. I was encouraged by several members of the competitive community to complete this reforge so the map could enter consideration for Team Throwdown/v4 tournament settings.

The CTF experience on Ender is one of the fastest and most intense CTF experiences available. The match begins with a huge battle bottom mid for Overshield, and then the flag pulling begins. Huge battles take place on the flag stand several times a game, leading to some of the most insane tug of war experiences in Halo 4. Players make some of the craziest saves I've ever seen in CTF customs, from triple kills to overkill exterminations to prevent a pull or capture.

ibzU7AsJpLyCs3.jpgib1BEqRMT6uWEm.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys. Ender may play like Black Site but it looks and feels like an entirely different map. The most significant issue with Black Site was orientation, an issue entirely resolved with Ender. Blue base structure is all white with an ocean view behind the flag, and red base structure is mostly rocks with trees behind the flag and above the rock wall. Top mid has a lot more cover now as well with the inclusion of an inverse symmetrical pattern of towers and trees.

• Like 2

I DownLoaded this map, and it's really awesome.

Aesthetics, gameplay ... Very fluid, it's very nice.

GG, really nice map.

Thanks Zaelkyria. Ender is the result of months of feedback and playtesting. Fluid movement and fast gameplay are essential to a good competitive map, and I am very lucky this design has been received so well. I'm glad that I can finally move on from this map and start something new. Keep an eye out for another map sometime this summer.

Guest Psychoduck

This iteration looks really good. However, I don't see why I would feature it, as I already featured Black Site.  it would just be redundant.  Still, good work nonetheless.

• Like 1

This iteration looks really good. However, I don't see why I would feature it, as I already featured Black Site.  it would just be redundant.  Still, good work nonetheless.

Thanks man. I could argue that you also featured Stigma twice as a competitive map and Meet Your Maker runner-up, and the second feature was just a slightly improved version of the same map. Ender is a complete reforge on a different canvas with several additions to the map, like new routes and an entirely new aesthetic appeal. It's different enough that people who hated Black Site love Ender. I understand your resistance to feature it twice though - just thought I'd provide a counter argument.

This weekend is my Ender promotion weekend for v4 tournament settings, so I've been hitting up all the major forge sites and submission areas (THC, Forgehub, THFE, etc) to get the map out there as much as possible.

Edit: Also, the previous feature showcased Black Site as a Slayer map, which in my opinion is its weakest gametype. This design is built from the ground up for CTF, so if you did feature it, flag is really the trademark gametype.

• Like 1

Guest Psychoduck

Good points to be sure.  However, the only reason Stigma received a second feature was because it placed in the eet your Maker contest.  I wouldn't have given it a second feature had it not been necessary as a contest prize.  Still, your point about the game modes is a good one.  I'm not going to re-feature a map over other good content, but if I find myself in in need of more content I know where to look.

Good response, and I agree. New content should always take priority over repeated content. There has been a significant push by the forging community to get different community made maps into competitive settings, so if several new maps make their way into Team Throwdown maybe THFE could run a feature on those collectively. Even if Ender doesn't get in, there are several other awesome maps in consideration as well.

Love this map !! One of the best if not the best CTF map in the game right now

Well surely you must feature the best CTF map in the game right now Psychoduck :)

Seriously though, I wouldn't go nearly that far. Darkling was the one who suggested to make red side out of rocks - thanks again man, made the map. I recommend Mutant for a feature.

• 3 weeks later...

It's got all those things people always harp over.. limited lines of sight, verticality, call-outs etc. I like this map. But, it seems best suited for SWAT (IMO). These "requirements" you always hear mentioned tend to push things towards a near maze-like enviroment. SWAT works well on this map because of this.. IMO.

-D