I just played for about 2 hours, i was hoping to have a good time but this is almost always ruined by the most idiotic teammates. In those 2 hours i won 1 game...1. In all cases i had the highest score. I know that there is nothing one can do about having stupid teammates but what might be some suggestions? I have a total of 320 incomplete games and i honestly couldn't care less about being banned for an hour. Always having useless teammates always frustrates me and simply ruins the entire gaming experience.

I just played for about 2 hours, i was hoping to have a good time but this is almost always ruined by the most idiotic teammates. In those 2 hours i won 1 game...1. In all cases i had the highest score. I know that there is nothing one can do about having stupid teammates but what might be some suggestions? I have a total of 320 incomplete games and i honestly couldn't care less about being banned for an hour. Always having useless teammates always frustrates me and simply ruins the entire gaming experience.

the best thing you can do is play with friends and or a clan dude trust me i totally get what you are saying in COD if my team mates are that stupid i kill them until i get kicked or they leave

"I just played for about 2 hours, i was hoping to have a good time but this is almost always ruined by the most idiotic teammates. In those 2 hours i won 1 game...1. In all cases i had the highest score. I know that there is nothing one can do about having stupid teammates but what might be some suggestions? I have a total of 320 incomplete games and i honestly couldn't care less about being banned for an hour. Always having useless teammates always frustrates me and simply ruins the entire gaming experience."

Dear Grunt,

I empathize with you that it can be frustrating to play matches with what you consider to be lower-skilled teammates and end up losing them. I do have a few suggestions for how to tackle this issue that I’ll share with you so that you can hopefully experience more wins and at the least, always end games happier and with the learning from plays that didn’t work. When discussing your future, hypothetical victories, I will always attribute your team as the cause.

After reading your issue, it’s clear to me you understand that individual kill/death is not the most important factor in winning the match. As a disclaimer, the winning of Halo 4 matches can likely be most effectively done by forming a steady team that practices and always seeks ways to improve. Also, you may be able to ultimately better your experiences in matches by forming a more positive outlook. If you don’t play with a steady team, the following information may help increase you and your team’s chances of winning.

Firstly, you may find it useful to address your mindset that they are stupid as far as Halo goes. If you do this, you can potentially work with them more effectively and figure angles that better increase the chance of your team’s success. It's true, in fact that some of these players may be very clever in their map positioning, decisions for when to challenge, etc., but it’s also true that important winning factors such as team-shooting (more so in Halo 4 than ever before) and good map control are products of a team’s quality communication, collaboration, and the successful executing of its strategies made. If you attempt to carry out these strategies I’ve noted to be successful, you make be rewarded with not only good individual ratings in matches, but also team victories.

To tackle executing these things mentioned with unknown teammates can be very difficult. I urge you to keep your cool, make use of team plays if you're not already, and don't sweat it when the opposing team comes out on top. If you form a positive outlook on these matches and vocally spread the attitude throughout your team, you will likely increase your chances of winning immediately.

Also, when you finish these matches with the top score it displays your higher individual skill in slaying opponent(s), (at least when paired up with these teams because of your good aim, chemistry with them, and/or etc.) which leads me to my next suggestion.

If you are confident that your accuracy when shooting opponents is the best on your team or you simply think you are more suited to slay the opposing team for whatever be the reason, take advantage of it by tirelessly protecting your teammates. This will likely decrease your team’s death-count, thus increase your chance of winning slayers.

To drill this into your mind and to be excruciatingly repetitive, I’ll note that if you think your teammates will be slayed excessively, the chances of your team winning would increase by you always watching their backs and supporting them in duels. Of course awareness of your team is always beneficial, but if you are clearly a more effective slayer than put yourself out there, so to speak. It could pay off big time.

Thanks for all of your suggestions

Hopefully I find some friends to play with. I started playing multiplayer again today and its been 2 hours again And I've only won one game again....the servers keeps pairing me with ppl below 100 rank and always puts almost all 130 on the opposing teams. And 343i says they've updated join in progress settings in all these recent updates yet I keep getting put in games that are past the half way point and puts me on the losing team, ALWAYS.

Irritating team mates seem to start in Reach just before 343 took over.

(Well, there has always been the irritating team mates, but it never used to be so consistent.)

I dont know how it happened, but it did. But then again, I once upon a time was one of those team mates before I got the hang of it. I'll admit, I am still not the greatest, but I do my best. :)

The only time I have problems with sucky teammates (besides most of the time when I play a match) is when everybody on my team knows each other (besides myself) and are in a party together and they just feel like not trying..

• Like 1

The better you are the crappier the team mates you will get...the game is designed that way. If the noobs got beat all day everyday they wouldn't play...remember, this game is billion dollar money maker. 343i could careless if you lose and get frustrated. Trust me I know your pain!...would be nice if they could be sued for everything and shut them down for cheating the public...."gaming experience my vary over xbox live", pfft, just another way of saying, "we'll fu*k you over as we see fit"

The better you are the crappier the team mates you will get...the game is designed that way. If the noobs got beat all day everyday they wouldn't play...remember, this game is billion dollar money maker. 343i could careless if you lose and get frustrated. Trust me I know your pain!...would be nice if they could be sued for everything and shut them down for cheating the public...."gaming experience my vary over xbox live", pfft, just another way of saying, "we'll fu*k you over as we see fit"

Its actually Microsoft making the calls. Not really 343. And no, I am pretty sure that 343 didn't deliberately code the game in that way. 

Oy, where is Twinreaper when you need him? lol. :P

zelda, I came here in search of intelligent life, you are not....and by the way your twinreaper blows. Any way I can block you guys? It would be really nice

You have to show signs of intelligence in order to 'search' for intelligence. It is clear you not only lack the very intelligence you seek, or maybe you seek it to assimilate it so you can see how it feels.......... you also lack tact and the basic conversational skills of some of the youngest members of this site. I am well known for allowing robust discussions and OP's by those that dislike the game, but you need to be able to actually carry on a conversation to remain here.

I am putting you in the corner for two days to give you a chance to decide whether or not you wish to stay a member of this community. Please......message me if you have any concerns questions or comments.  :welcome:

• Like 3

....This has occured many times on many games to me. You get put on the team where the guy drives in circles singing some song that makes you feel like you are visiting some backwoods in Tennessee, and meanwhile your enemy is enacting some 35 step counter-terrorism manuver that makes you feel like you should have brought a rocket launcher and grown eyes in the back of your head. Allow me to assist. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO ESCAPE THIS~! Short of filling an entire team every game with people you know are good~ if you leave ONE SLOT open~ that hillbilly WILL show up. He stalks us all~ The key to surviving this experience is NOT TO PANIC. Running screaming off the edge of a cliff will either get you mutilated on the rocks below, kicked from the game, or hard scoped by that special forces commando camping on the cliff 5 miles away. The next step is to assure yourself you can come out of this with a positive~ even if you lose you will go down being the biggest pain in their posterior the world has ever seen~! Next~ check what supplies you have on hand~ even a stray plasma pistol may be useful. Figure out what the games objective is~ if it's slayer~ find some good weapons and a nice corner to survive, if it's an objective though, find out what the enemy NEEDS, not what he wants, but what he NEEDS~! Once you know this information~ enact plan: Rearpains and either find that camp spot for slayer or place vehicles around that objective and a good shotgunner. Always work from cover~ placing a vehicle behind a wall with only 1 direction to aproach it from is always the most dirty and hardest to remove way to camp~ doing this will ensure the enemy can't aproach an objective for at least 10 minutes. Objective inside a building~? Even better~! Vehicles can be put inside buildings making them hard to aproach without getting about 300 rounds of AP in the face~ talk about a warm welcome~! Also when vehicles get blown up indoors they form maniacally evil roadblocks, so you can annoy your enemy from the grave~! The key to playing on a team with noobs~ MAKE THE ENEMY FEEL YOUR PAIN~!

• Like 1

You have to show signs of intelligence in order to 'search' for intelligence. It is clear you not only lack the very intelligence you seek, or maybe you seek it to assimilate it so you can see how it feels.......... you also lack tact and the basic conversational skills of some of the youngest members of this site. I am well known for allowing robust discussions and OP's by those that dislike the game, but you need to be able to actually carry on a conversation to remain here.

I am putting you in the corner for two days to give you a chance to decide whether or not you wish to stay a member of this community. Please......message me if you have any concerns questions or comments. :welcome:[/quote /]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol I love the waving smiley at the end!