343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 5/4/13

Drizzy_Dan

Hey guys, lots of fun topics in the Wrapup this week so thanks for viewing it.

Primary Announcement: My iPod that was getting repaired has come in today.

CONTESTS

Minecraft Tournament

I don't know what this is exactly but it was in our Contests and Events Forum so it must be official because only Mods and Promotions/Events Staff can post there. So from the look of it, it seems to be a tournament for Minecraft and the winner gets 1600 points! There's a poll involved on whether you would be interested or not and this thread has gotten no replies and I think I might've been the only person to view it. Find the contest here.

DGL
Announcement+Banner.png

The DGL will be making its final step forward again. The REAL finals start May 17th. Ladies and gentlemen I give you:

Castle Division:

Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Sarge, SikSlik7, Forum Dinosaur, Hater, Real Talk

If you still want info on the DGL for some reason click the links below:

Rules/Info
Match_Results
Gametype/Scoring

EVENTS

Tuesday Night Tests

photo-30282.jpg?_r=1347890972

Do you want gameplay tested opinions on your Forged maps? Do you want opinions from a very experienced Forger that's part of one of the most famous map reviewing groups on the internet? Are Tuesday nights good for you? If so, our new Member of the Month, AbleSir Thomas of The Halo Forge Epidemic runs Tuesday Night Tests which is a lobby for testing maps. It's a really fun time and they take place Tuesdays at 7PM EST. So if you want your map posted or if you'd just like to attend TNT click here.

FEATURED INTERVIEWS

DocSpartanO07 - One of our great Community Moderators who has such an incredible dedication to this site. Doc tells you a lot about who he is and why he stays dedicated to this site.

AbleSir Thomas - This was done before he became our new Member of the Month but we still had a lot to talk about. AbleSir Thomas gives you the skinny on Dominion Forge.

FORGE

Get A Clue Forge Contest

clue_banner2_zps1d3ad740.png

The Get A Clue Forge Contest is OVER. Well submissions are at least. Master Debaytes is hosting test lobbies for the maps and you can find them over on HaloCustoms.

Featured Map

2pqvssj.jpg

Here is just a small area inside Raphael Megusta Stu's competitive map, Hyperion. From what I've seen in the gameplay video: you can find action around every corner, the man cannons prove to be very useful, and there are some interesting vantage points on the map. There's also good cover and the sight lines are not too long. Find the gameplay video and more awesome screens of @Raphael Megusta Stu's map here.

HOT TOPIC

Panopticon.jpg

This week's Hot Topic was HOT. You can't post in it because it was locked but it's worth a read in my opinion. Here's an example of how not to act when receiving feedback from THFE when you clearly submit a map to them to get their feedback. Some contraversy over a map, that was fun to watch. Thankfully it didn't get too crazy before AD locked it up. Find the fun here.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

May 2nd, The Halo Forge Epidemic's AbleSir Thomas became our newest Member of the Month! It does this community well to see one of our partners get the honor of wearing the pink name that is MoM.

Here's the announcement thread where you can congratulate him: Announcement.

Our great former MoM, Victory Element, will now be awarded with the MoM Award: MOM_award.png

PLAY DATES

Halo Wars Play Date

euBrvQH.png

The Halo Wars Play Date was a huge success if I do say so myself. We had a full lobby right from the start and two lobbies going. First we started with me, skumm, and Boss against Sweaty, Elite, and the Heroic AI. We destroyed them. Then AbleSir Thomas joined the fun and it was the same teams except we decided to go all random leaders and Boss got stuck as Covenant and was MISERABLE. It was great. And I got wrecked by AbleSir, Sweaty, and Elite's air units combined. All in all, great time.

Participants:

ThomasScott02, D-38 Boss, Elite, skummgummigubbe, SweatyBagels, AbleSir Thomas, Frankenzer, BaconShelf

Impromptu Switch to Halo 4

Next we switched to Halo 4 where we gained more players and had a lot of fun. We played a lot of different games and it was good to talk to some members I hadn't seen in a while.

Participants:

D-38 Boss, Elite, skummgummigubbe, SweatyBagels, HaloGeek, Jl1223 X, SikSlik7, Frankenzer, BaconShelf, Real Talk

Then the party proceeded back to Halo Wars after I left and now they are currently playing Halo 3. What a day for the site's community. :D.

Meet Your Maker Play Date

My feeling that the Meet Your Maker Play Date could be happening soon has died. That doesn't mean it's not happening however. Keep checking for a time and date here.

We're always looking for your Play Date ideas, please post them in here.

Everyone who participates in any Community Play Dates gets the Gamer Award: participate.png

Attend Play Dates, rack up awards!

That was pretty much everything that's gone on in the past week. Now scroll back up and read it all over again.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 6

We have the same problem.

:(

In any case, is Halo Wars really that worth it to buy for me?

Yes.

And as most of you noticed, I talk to my Dogs while I'm playing. Here's why:

486760_10201036123815992_1465837023_n.jp

This is exactly where they sit when I'm playing, no matter what I do, they sit ON ME.

Edited by D-38 Boss
  • Like 2

We have the same problem.

:(

In any case, is Halo Wars really that worth it to buy for me?

If you can find it at a good price yea. There are enough people who have it on the forum to play some customs and MM