Battle Rifle 4-shot kill coming soon!

Jack Of Harts

I just read on Waypoint, the weapon tuning has been tested, and they will be releasing these updates on June 3rd. According to the bulletin, the following changes are being made:

Battle Rifle is now 4-shot kill, with a slightly decreased fire rate.

Light Rifle's fire rate has been buffed. (I'm a little iffy on this one, it may be quite overpowered)

Decreased bullet magnetism on automatics. (Assault Rifle is currently my favourite weapon, hopefully I'll still be good with it)

Gotta say though, these changes do sound promising, especially making the Battle Rifle just like it was in Halo 3.

<3 43!

• Like 1

I can't believe that 343 is making the game more fast paced, I kind of hate the way it is now. Especially for dominion, do they want people to die faster when they are running through some open field *ugh*

But, wasn't this exactly how the Battle Rifle was on Halo 3?

They're decreasing the fire rate to make it balanced so it will take more skill to use. I think it's a well-deserved update. The DMR completely outclasses the BR currently, and I don't like that.

i guess so long as the battle rifle and DMR kill at the same time. or else we'll get posts of how the BR is OP and that the DMR needs a buff haha!! in terms of 4v4-2v2 sized maps, the BR actually performs better than the DMR (doesn't matter if the DMR has a faster kill time). I wont tell you why but once your CSR in doubles increase and you play with more experienced players, we opt for the BR for a reason which gives you an edge over someone without a BR. And no, it's not because of the size of the maps that make the difference (though it's obvious long range the dmr will pwn).

But as Vet to Halo, glad to see the BR being 4-shot once again :)

But, wasn't this exactly how the Battle Rifle was on Halo 3?

They're decreasing the fire rate to make it balanced so it will take more skill to use. I think it's a well-deserved update. The DMR completely outclasses the BR currently, and I don't like that.

^The thing with Halo 3...there weren't as many choices that changed the pace of the game as Halo 4 does. Last time I checked, there was no damage boost in halo 3 haha. So, by adding in a 4 shot BR to Halo 4, it only adds to the collection. It's not game breaking in my opinion however. And what do you mean "decreasing the fire rate [...] so it will take more skill to use?" That's like saying the Rocket Launcher's fire rate was decreased to make it more skilled. hahaha

^The thing with Halo 3...there weren't as many choices that changed the pace of the game as Halo 4 does. Last time I checked, there was no damage boost in halo 3 haha. So, by adding in a 4 shot BR to Halo 4, it only adds to the collection. It's not game breaking in my opinion however. And what do you mean "decreasing the fire rate [...] so it will take more skill to use?" That's like saying the Rocket Launcher's fire rate was decreased to make it more skilled. hahaha

What I mean is you can't spray and pray with it that much, you need to place your shots better.

BR is better than the DMR because it is easier to maneuver in and out of the single shots from the DMR than it is of the burst fire of the BR. Odds are no matter how good your stage is you will catch a couple of bullets in a BRs burst, and thus give you the minute edge you need to win a majority of those 1v1s on smaller maps. In that respect, BR wins a lot vs the DMR in closer ranges.

Edited by FleshBack

DMR was overpowered. Anyone who doesn't think so isn't playing with a full set of jacks.

And they are slowing down the RoF on the BR to compensate for the Damage Boost.

I'm glad they'll be slowing down the RoF but still the DMR will now be useless on small maps :(

Did anybody watch 343's live stream if pro's testing out the new settings?

BR pretty much wrecks. Ninja and Gho57ayame were schooling everyone with it. They were also giving honorable mentions to the Lighteifle which actually is threatening now at longer ranges due to the increased rate if fire and 4sk scope function. 4sk battle rifle stole the show though, and you can barely notice the decreased RoF.

Yea, the carbine is pretty cool, and it has a fast rate of fire. But it doesn't seem to do much damage, compared to the dmr or lightrifle.

Yeah that's kinda unfair because I keep getting beat up with people using dmr and light rifles and sometimes I am tempted to use those too