PETA Attacks Nintendo over "Pokemon Animal Abuse"

PETA are really, really angry at Nintendo.
They're attacking them, claiming that Pokemon is "animal abuse" and that it should be made illegal.

I'm an environmentalist, but this is just ridiculous:

Much like animals in the real world, Pokémon are treated as unfeeling objects and used for such things as human entertainment and as subjects in experiments. The way that Pokémon are stuffed into pokéballs is similar to how circuses chain elephants inside railroad cars and let them out only to perform confusing and often painful tricks that were taught using sharp steel-tipped bullhooks and electric shock prods …if PETA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children.

This sums it up best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ge4_0jF2nc

• Like 6

ok now that is just stupid. i totally agree with you. honestly i have watched the show and still watch it. and i still love it. how is it animal abuse?! also most pokemon trainers don't or wouldn't force their pokemon to battle (if say it existed). unless if the measures came to it. and when they say children it depends on what children. like 6 year olds and younger? or older? most of the time children don't know what goes on in the show. not saying all of the time. and when i say that, i mean if the children are old enough to understand what the show is about or not.

the message pokemon sends to children is entertainment. Pokemon is a show. thats that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So if peta existed in unova they'd first be trying to free all the pokemon? Well, sounds very much like team plasma in bw, who tried to free all the pokemon just so they could conquer the world or something.

Lol PETA

Only hinting the stupid things, not actually doing anything to help.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We can all agree that animal abuse is wrong. So PETA is doing something good, stopping animal abuse, I support for what they stand for. The thing is, using Pokemon as an example or using it as a tool to get their point across, it's not very effective... (lol) Pokemon, I am not sure if this theme is displayed in Red/Green/Blue, Gen I in general, but in the very first episode of the show, and the Gen II games, show a strong theme of kindness and love towards the Pokemon. Going back to my first example, Ash, the first episode, Pikachu is all messed up from the Spearows, and Ash risks his life (if Spearows are capable of killing someone lol) to protect Pikachu, and I am pretty sure this is a reoccurring event in the rest of the show (I'm a bit behind lol). As for Gen II, when your rival pops up, I believe in victory road, and you beat him, he says something like "How could I lose?...What? You say I lost because I need to love my Pokemon?..." and so on. So pretty much the character you were playing as, became the trainer you made him/her become because you loved your Pokemon (I know I love my Totodile <3). PETA could have used something else, but Pokemon isn't the one. 

• Like 1

What's next? Having a go at Bethesda because they display cruelty to Dragons in skyrim. Or maybe Bungie because they give you an achievement for killing ostriches.

ya really

We can all agree that animal abuse is wrong. So PETA is doing something good, stopping animal abuse, I support for what they stand for. The thing is, using Pokemon as an example or using it as a tool to get their point across, it's not very effective... (lol) Pokemon, I am not sure if this theme is displayed in Red/Green/Blue, Gen I in general, but in the very first episode of the show, and the Gen II games, show a strong theme of kindness and love towards the Pokemon. Going back to my first example, Ash, the first episode, Pikachu is all messed up from the Spearows, and Ash risks his life (if Spearows are capable of killing someone lol) to protect Pikachu, and I am pretty sure this is a reoccurring event in the rest of the show (I'm a bit behind lol). As for Gen II, when your rival pops up, I believe in victory road, and you beat him, he says something like "How could I lose?...What? You say I lost because I need to love my Pokemon?..." and so on. So pretty much the character you were playing as, became the trainer you made him/her become because you loved your Pokemon (I know I love my Totodile <3). PETA could have used something else, but Pokemon isn't the one. 

i agree with you and i play very few pokemon games but i still play some of the hold ones (somewhat new somewhat old) like platinum and white version and in the games i care so much for my empolion and tepig. also in the shows you see ash risking his life for pikachu in almost every episode now when TR (team rocket) try to catch pikachu and iris's and cilans pokemon and ashes other friends. so i do agree

and i play very few Pokemon games but i still play some of the hold ones (somewhat new somewhat old) like platinum and white version and in the games i care so much for my empolion and tepig. also in the shows you see ash risking his life for pikachu in almost every episode now when TR (team rocket) try to catch pikachu and iris's and cilans Pokemon and ashes other friends. so i do agree

Yeah, and remember in the DP series when Ash actually became encased inside of Pauls former Chimchars fire, once its Blaze became activated. Then he bit Ash in the arm... So Ash was set on fire, and bit, at the same time by his Chimchar and he still kept on hugging it and never let go, until Chimchar calmed down. And that is just one example... Or how about the time when Dawn would feed poffins to Mamoswine even though it hated dawn when it first evolved and would always disobey her. She kept at it, and treated it with love and affection by letting watch contests, protecting it, giving it peace offerings, complimenting it, and even saving it's life.

It is almost as if some people in the world only look for the bad things, or evil in people, and then make them out to be some sort of criminal/monster. You can not overlook the good...In Pokemon 99.99% of the time, the good outweighs the bad, so PETA needs to get over it... Especially if all they want is money from a law suit..

• Like 1

One sentence to sum up all feelings about this?

"Lol, you guys are getting desperate."

lol thanks

Yeah, and remember in the DP series when Ash actually became encased inside of Pauls former Chimchars fire, once its Blaze became activated. Then he bit Ash in the arm... So Ash was set on fire, and bit, at the same time by his Chimchar and he still kept on hugging it and never let go, until Chimchar calmed down. And that is just one example... Or how about the time when Dawn would feed poffins to Mamoswine even though it hated dawn when it first evolved and would always disobey her. She kept at it, and treated it with love and affection by letting watch contests, protecting it, giving it peace offerings, complimenting it, and even saving it's life.

It is almost as if some people in the world only look for the bad things, or evil in people, and then make them out to be some sort of criminal/monster. You can not overlook the good...In Pokemon 99.99% of the time, the good outweighs the bad, so PETA needs to get over it... Especially if all they want is money from a law suit..

also you have perfect examples and points and i couldn't say it better myself. i remember those episodes and i remember the one where ash brock and misty met this guy that could talk to pokemon because he had a child hood memory where his dad saved some neighbors from a tornado and there were a few pokemon that talked to the guy as a kid and at the end of the show meowth talked to the guy and told him to keep trying. that was one of my favorite episodes, also remember the episode where a bublasaur wanted to stay with may and barely jumped through gate before it closed and may took it.this is what i would do with pokemon and this is the good of pokemon

PETA are really, really angry at Nintendo.

They're attacking them, claiming that Pokemon is "animal abuse" and that it should be made illegal.

I'm an environmentalist, but this is just ridiculous:

This sums it up best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ge4_0jF2nc

So... PETA is like Team Plasma. I'd bet a hundred bucks that a bunch of PETA people loved Pokemon when they were younger (or still do).

So... PETA is like Team Plasma. I'd bet a hundred bucks that a bunch of PETA people loved Pokemon when they were younger (or still do).

Lol.

PETA Logic: Sue a Company over something Trivial. Contradicts themselves by also being fans of said company...

It's like that psycho mentality that "If I can't have you... NO ONE CAN!!!"

peta-logic_o_797198.jpg

I understand how PETA feels about most things, but there really are time's they need to stick their noses up their own ass and leave everyone else's alone. 

They also attacked Assassin Creed 4, Black Flag. Saying it promotes whaling. *facepalm*