PC or Console?

PC or Console gaming?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. PC or Console gaming?

• PC
    • Consoles

Console. Lags less on multiplayer, and never lags on single player. Also, a console can always be guaranteed to perfectly and easily run any game made for it, while a PC requires installation and certain specs that vary from computer to computer.

And the controls on a console are so much smoother, which increases my reaction time and ability to perform several moves in rapid succession.

• 2 weeks later...

You can react really fast, but I personally react faster with an Xbox. My Xbox skills are nearly double my PC skills.

Also I mean the PC lags so much, it lags even on single-player. So many frame rate drops and hitbox glitches...

But that is all determined based on the specs of the computer.  I don't have any lag what-so-ever on my PC, average 57 FPS on Bioshock Infinite, 77 on Tomb Raider, and 62 on Crysis 3.  I rarely see frame rate drops in MP, and almost never see them in single player, and that is playing with everything maxed out.

As far as your XBox skills nearly doubling your PC skills, that's just a matter of giving the Xbox more time.  My XBox skills far outweigh my PC skills as well, but that's because I played it a ton more than the PC.  Now that I actually have a decent PC, I can see my skills slowly starting to catch up, and I absolutely see the benefits of using a keyboard & mouse as opposed to a controller.  

Well, yeah. My computer's a standard-issue public school laptop. Not exactly optimal for gaming.

That's possible, but I actually play more on the PC than I do on the Xbox, and I've been a PC gamer much longer.

The PC is more readily available, and portable, that's why I actually play it more even though I prefer the Xbox.

You can react really fast, but I personally react faster with an Xbox. My Xbox skills are nearly double my PC skills.

Also I mean the PC lags so much, it lags even on single-player. So many frame rate drops and hitbox glitches...

No.

No, no no.

NO.

NOO!

NNNOOOOOOOOO!

Get better hardware, the only reason you "lag" on PC is because your PC isn't good enough to do whatever you want to do flawlessly.

• Like 1

PC. PC games can be modded and some times the mods are even better then the actual game. Take Sins of a Solar Empire. The only reason I bought it was because of the mod Sins of the Prophets and SotP kicks the pants of SoaSE. SotP mixes my love of Halo with my love of watching space ships explode.

• 4 weeks later...

For me the console works better. I have tried playing a few games on PC that I was very familiar with already and found it just did not work for me. I was an early Doom player and am familiar with PC gaming, though very limited. For today's games, my desire to sit in the comfort of an easy chair or bed and use equipment that is used, basically, by the gamer's I am competing with. I find the console fits my needs better.

I do have a very powerful desk top, but sitting in front of it and my 24 inch HD clear glass monitor ain't cuttin 'it.

On the other hand, my brother is a professional race car driver and instructer and uses his PC between races and off season to keep his skill up. He races on iRacing.com, a rather expensive software overall, and it is very cool.  Below is a picture of him winning a race at Sebring, FL. in one of his cars.

41314_123296117718302_6653420_n.jpg

I guess it is all a matter of preference, game availability per platform and whether you already own a computer and do not want to spend the additional money for a console and it's titles.

• Like 4

If I could have it my way, I'd throw computer parts into a Playstation 3 or 4, (for the less hassle of so many cords, I hate a spiderweb of cords) and use an xbox 360 controller. Then I'd have my dream gaming entertainment equipment set up. :)

All while its working on my tv. :D

• Like 1

....Both, this comparison is like attempting to compare a sports car to a humvee~ They have different purposes and are both downright sexy vehicles. In this case~ they are two seperate and entirely different items.

Console~

Advanced multiplayer

Voice chat

Well known games with extemely detailed graphics

PC~

Mods

Easy internet access (windowed mode~! :D)

Much more ig options on most games for character customization

....Both, this comparison is like attempting to compare a sports car to a humvee~ They have different purposes and are both downright sexy vehicles. In this case~ they are two seperate and entirely different items.

Console~

Advanced multiplayer

Voice chat

Well known games with extemely detailed graphics

PC~

Mods

Easy internet access (windowed mode~! :D)

Much more ig options on most games for character customization

Voice chat done can be done with Skype, which takes 2 seconds to set up for the PC.