Automatic Weapons.

Jack Of Harts

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite out of the three?

• Assault Rifle
    • Storm Rifle
    • Suppressor

Which is your favourite automatic loadout weapon? My personal favourite is the Assault Rifle, as it has the best burst-fire accuracy, longest range, doesn't run out of ammo as quickly as the Suppressor (Not sure about the Storm Rifle) and it looks awesome. If your opinion differs, tell me what weapon you prefer and why.

Suppressor. I just love the suppressor, honestly. I do understand that it has bad accuracy, but for someone like me, that's not a problem. Because, first of all, I do normally get close enough to shoot accurately, and even if I don't, I've always got a secondary weapon to take care of the accuracy problem (like the magnum). ;) Also, it does run out of ammo quickly, unless you can help it. I've used the suppressor, mainly for it's "BANG", aqnd over time, have learned how to conserve the ammo. It's kind of hard to explain, but anyone who loves the suppressor as much as me, would understand. :)

already made this topic, http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/25991-automatic-weapon-poll/

the only difference is, its probably past the allowed time to post in it

plus your talking about weapons not really matchmaking which should be placed with Weapons And Vehicles

http://www.343industries.org/forum/forum/97-weapons-and-vehicles/

• 6 months later...

One of my least favorite parts about halo 4 multiplayer is actually the automatic weapons.  In previous halos, automatics could never beat headshot weapons and it took skill to get kills, now automatics dominate and no skill is involved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Storm Rifle is somewhat of a joke considering that the damage it does is very minimal in comparison to just about every other weapon to choose from in game. I hardly ever use an automatic weapon unless it's the SAW which I still prefer my BR over that anyway.

Despite the fact that I use none, I'd have to pick AR.

• 2 weeks later...

AR by a long, long way! While I think the SR and suppressor can actually get a kill quicker, it can reliably get kills over a MUCH longer range and ammo tends to be easier to find, plus no worries about overheating in the middle of a fight. Slap a dexterity package on it an it basically rivals the combat evolved AR in terms of firepower!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you ask me I'd rather use the Assault Rifle since it's the only automatic Loadout weapon that's even useful. The other auomatic loadout weapons are still useless, unless you're directly in someone's face. Other than that, there's no point in using them because you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage.

AR is the easiest to use, after I've spent a decent amount of time experimenting with each automatic. I once used it as my secondary full time until I got weapon mastery for it

But more recently, my preference has been the storm rifle. I decided to use it mainly because it's pretty rare to come across, and it lasts surprisingly long when used with the ammo perk. This weapon definitely takes time to realize its full potential, but when used right it will leave your enemy with devastating consequences. As most experienced halo players know, plasma weapons break shields like crazy. By knowing how to navigate the map right, you can draw opponents into more confined spaces and unleash a devastating volley of blue death on them. It's works best when fired in controlled bursts to maintain accuracy and prevent the overheat effect.

The downside of it is the expected lack of range, but it also gets you a lot of assists. Teammates easily pick off the targets that you've already weakened, but this shouldn't matter if you're a team player

• 2 weeks later...