Weapon ideas

snaker1323

Hi its me snaker1323 and I had a few Ideas for some weapons. I like the melee weapons like the energy sword and gravity hammer so these ideas are similar.

1. Energy bow- It starts like the energy sword, just a handle, then when you pick it up the limbs of the bow come out. When you pull the bow back an arrow appears, and the bow limbs will shrink. The arrows in my mind would be part of the bow so when an arrow appears the bow will lose some of itself. I was thinking that It could have 8 charges/arrows, but you can use it with melee for a OHK that will use 1 charge. I thought that the first 4 charges would be a OHK for shooting, the last 4 would be shield down if hit the body and OHK to the head. The melee would always be OHK.

2. Pulsum Bo- it is a bo staff that is of a forerunner origin. a normal melee uses one charge and takes down the shield and throws the person, if they are thrown into a wall they will die. If you charge it it will use 2 charges and will throw everything within a 10 foot radius into the air high to make a warthog start on fire when it hits the ground. It has 6-8 charges.

if you have any ideas post them.

New ideas:

1. Light spear- it is a medieval spear design, but made of compressed light (think Hardlight shield). It will have 10 charges and some different options. It is held in a over hand grip. The basic attack is a simple downwards thrust that will use 1 charge. The next thing it can do is it can take light and create a hardlight shield that is half as strong as the normal one, it constantly drains charges about 1 every 3 seconds. The last thing it can do is attack with the shield this takes down a spartan shield and costs 1 charge. Unlike the hardlight shield when using this shield you can regenerate health.

2. Incinerating bullets for the shotgun (by: Jam)- Causes partial blindness and fire damage, can act as a flare. OHK is melee distance, 2 hit kill is as far away as 5 feet, 5-10 feet is 3 hit, 10-20 is 4 hit. The fire dose constant damage at a rate of about 1/4-1/5 of shield every second for around 30 seconds. You cannot regenerate while on fire. With these bullets the shotgun has an ammo capacity of 4 bullets. To put out the fire you need to get into an inflammable liquid such as water.

3. Lightning Katana (By: BaconShelf)- Acts much like the energy sword with a few differences. First it has a slightly lower lunge distance. Second it attacks again slightly faster. Third it had less charges. Fourth once it is out of charges it does 3/4th damage.

good ideas and they are well balanced. here is one of my ideas, not a gun but ammo.

incinerating bullets for the shotgun. it does significantly less damage than any regular bullet but once fired ignites and does damage over time. the shot wont be very effective but causes the enemy to have an almost black, red tone in it. making it hard for the opposition to see. the only way to stop it would be to find water or another inflamable liquid. this would be a very scarce munitions source. and with less ammo capacity. but it would also set a good flare for a rally point in multiplayer.

good ideas and they are well balanced. here is one of my ideas, not a gun but ammo.

incinerating bullets for the shotgun. it does significantly less damage than any regular bullet but once fired ignites and does damage over time. the shot wont be very effective but causes the enemy to have an almost black, red tone in it. making it hard for the opposition to see. the only way to stop it would be to find water or another inflamable liquid. this would be a very scarce munitions source. and with less ammo capacity. but it would also set a good flare for a rally point in multiplayer.

Thank you. The incinerating bullets might work. How about if you use those bullets the shotgun needs to be like melee distance for a OHK ,up to 5 feet is 2 hit kill, 5-10 feet is 3 hit, and 10-30 feet is the max at 4-5 hit. How about for the fire it is constantly hurting you for 30 seconds and hurting at about 1/4-1/5 the shield every 6 seconds, and your shields wont regenerate while you are on fire.

How about they add in a Human melee weapon for once. How about it could be the katana or some other medieval-styled weapon that has a futuristic feel but still retains all of the brutality and ancient feel to it. And while were on that note, why not add in a Crysis-like Bow and Arrow weapon. That thing was epic and revolutionary.

How about they add in a Human melee weapon for once. How about it could be the katana or some other medieval-styled weapon that has a futuristic feel but still retains all of the brutality and ancient feel to it. And while were on that note, why not add in a Crysis-like Bow and Arrow weapon. That thing was epic and revolutionary.

I think a human melee weapon would be cool, but I don't like the katana but maybe a ******* sword (sword with the length of a one handed with the longer handle of a two handed) it could be reinforced with some sort of glowing metal along the edge to give a futuristic feel. How about instead of the bow we go with a javelin, not the launcher the medieval throwing weapon, it could have some cool tricked out things on it. I am going to think about some of these things and try to find some cool additions to make them compatible with a FPS.

Katana with electrically charged blade would be cool, and have blue lightning all over it.

(Thing Jingwei's Shocksword from Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage DLC)

Maybe, how about instead of a mainstream katana we go with a ******* sword or something more unusual.

I was thinking Katana as they have already been in the series before.

I guess, I just don't like katanas, but anyways good idea. What do you think the specs would be. Maybe 1 hit like the energy sword, can attack again slightly faster, has a bit less energy, but can still do 3/4 damage after the lightning runs out.

Yeah, that's why I though it should be too. I mean, it was a prop for the armour, so why not give it a use, right? And the thing about lightning is a great idea, as well as the damage after the charges are depleted is great too, I never thought of that.

I was thinking Katana as they have already been in the series before.

I'm not so sure that the javelin is a better idea that a bow and arrow. I mean with a bow and arrow there are opportunities for multiple ammo types. Not so much with a javelin, more of a one use type thing, and that`s just not very good.

How about something that isnt a novelty item.

OK i will try to think of something... how about you try to think of something also.

Yeah, that's why I though it should be too. I mean, it was a prop for the armour, so why not give it a use, right? And the thing about lightning is a great idea, as well as the damage after the charges are depleted is great too, I never thought of that.

I'm not so sure that the javelin is a better idea that a bow and arrow. I mean with a bow and arrow there are opportunities for multiple ammo types. Not so much with a javelin, more of a one use type thing, and that`s just not very good.

Ya, well I think it is a good idea because it was an armour prop but I never really liked the katana so I was just throwing around some ideas. Also with the damage thing, I have things popping through my head all the time and sometimes it just so happens to help me and this was one of those times. With the javelin I was thinking instead of two bows or just for something different, but ya bows do have more options and I would like to see one in the game sometime soon.

Thank you all for the responses.

love the ideas. i have an idea i have been thinking since halo wars. it's a lot like the energy spear. it's actually like a gravity hammer and energy sword. it works as a gravity hammer and looks like one. but when you melee it becomes an energy sword. and when it acts like an energy sword it can also be like a spear. actually if you look at the halo wiki at the arbiter rank, it tells you about a arbiter years before the covenant found the humans. and when he was in battle he used a weapon just like the description i said.

love the ideas. i have an idea i have been thinking since halo wars. it's a lot like the energy spear. it's actually like a gravity hammer and energy sword. it works as a gravity hammer and looks like one. but when you melee it becomes an energy sword. and when it acts like an energy sword it can also be like a spear. actually if you look at the halo wiki at the arbiter rank, it tells you about a arbiter years before the covenant found the humans. and when he was in battle he used a weapon just like the description i said.

Thank you. I think I will check that out on wiki, it sounds like a fun weapon.

what about a flame saw? i have been thinking of it since halo 1. it's a flame thrower and looks like one too but you know the face from the flame thrower? the teeth on hat face would be a chainsaw.

That would be cool, I think that would work well.

• Like 1

ya. because if someone got too close you could one hit K.O them with the saw part. and in halo 3 i thought that would be very helpful

Yep, I have never used the flamethrower but the flamethrower might need to be toned down a bit to compensate for the OHK melee.