343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 4/27/13

Drizzy_Dan

Hello all and thank you for deciding to look at the WSW this week.

DGL
Announcement+Banner.png

The DGL will hopefully be transferring into its final stage soon. We are just waiting on replies from Real Talk and Hater. So one guy on Crimson and one on Majestic.

Crimson Division:
Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Sarge

Majestic Division:
SikSlik7, Forum Dinosaur

If you still want info on the DGL for some reason click the links below

Rules_and_Info
Match_Results/Leaderboard
Gametype_and_Scoring_Info

DOC'S MINECRAFT

U3VGXKR.png

This has its own section because it is also not a Play Date just like Tuesday Night Tests below. This is an open server that DocSpartan has worked tirelessly with Azaxx, Zaguroth, Church, D-38 Boss, skummgummigubbe, DoctorB77, and ThomasScott02 (the good Doc's son). The address can be found in the image shown below and you can post in his thread here.

status.png

EVENTS

Tuesday Night Tests

photo-30282.jpg?_r=1347890972

Why is this separated from Play Dates? Because it's not a Play Date. You will not get the award for joining this, it is owned and operated by none other than AbleSir Thomas of The Halo Forge Epidemic. This is Tuesday Night Tests which is a lobby for testing maps. It's a really fun time and they take place Tuesdays at 7PM EST. So if you want your map posted or if you'd just like to attend click here.

FEATURED INTERVIEWS

Undead - Get to know Undead. Previous Staff Member and Member of the Month! Started his own tournaments back in the day!

New Interviews with Stars of the Community Double Feature next week on the Wrapup!

FORGE

Get A Clue Forge Contest

clue_banner2_zps1d3ad740.png

The Get A Clue Forge Contest is still going but is in its last leg as the date to get your Clue map in is May 1st. For the Submission thread and info on rules and prizes click here.

Featured Map

ugcuserfile-2fc7c722-3931-4c9a-9073-80a7

Like a Halo-made Hot Wheels Racetrack, Particle Loop, looks like a racer's birthday present. Above is a screenshot of the track with its loop and all of its glory. Find the thread and download link here.

HOT TOPIC

Hot Topic is a new section that I'll be throwing in every now and then for threads that I think either are very interesting or could use some more attention and help. This is the latter. Ladies and gentlemen I'd like to direct you to Mafia New New New Phoenix started by my buddy Jl1223 X.

4pH8HkD.jpg

If you know how to play Mafia then you'll know what I'm talking about here but for those who don't know, click here. Credit for the picture goes to our main man in the Art Department, Insignia.

PLAY DATES

Halo 4 Play Date

Halo4logo1_zps83dfb1c9.png

The Halo 4 Play Date was pretty bad. I am on a roll with hosting bad Play Dates. I was really hoping for a bigger turnout but this is how it happened. We did have some fun trying everyone's horrible maps though. There was also a second lobby after I left hosted by our CMod RedStarRocket.

Participants:

D-38 Boss, EliteISnip3r, Jl1223 X, Frankenzer, Lil Dog, Elite, Frogger24, PuRpLe MadNeSSx, RedStarRocket91 

Shifting Gears Game Night

shifting_gears_banner_zps98f3ae0c.png

We're going to have a Gears of War Play Date hosted by RedStarRocket91. Prizes include the exclusive Shifting Gears Award which has still yet to be released and possibly the one of a kind 343industries.org Shifting Gears Night Controller Skin. Unfortunately the event has been moved. Find the details here.

Meet Your Maker Play Date

I'm getting the feeling that the Meet Your Maker Play Date could be coming soon. If you want to keep monitoring to look out for a time and date check here.

We're always looking for your Play Date ideas, please post them in here.

Everyone who participates in any Community Play Dates gets the Gamer Award: participate.png

Attend Play Dates, rack up awards!

SURVIVOR: HALO STYLE

rbp9a.png

Survior: Halo Style Season 2 is getting a reboot. I decided to spare you guys this time from my loud capital letters because I think I've been stressing the reboot for some time now. Keep an eye on this section during every Wrapup to see what all the hype is surrounding the Season 2 Reboot of Survivor: Halo Style.

Thank you again for clicking this link now use the arrow at the bottom of the page to redirect yourself to the top and read it all over again.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6

Could we start maybe, BF3 Gamenights aswell as the Shifting Gears?

I just feel that BF3 would be hilariously fun to play with a group of us. If not, a Mass Effect 3 Gamenight? You can come up with a creative name for these gamenights.

Thanks Drizzy. ;)

The Shifting Gears Game Night actually hasn't happened yet and I'll be removing it from the Wrapup but as for Battlefield 3, Jl1223 X is working on making a Play Date for it he's just trying to see if people would actually go so watch out for his thread. I don't think it's up yet though Gryffin

The Shifting Gears Game Night actually hasn't happened yet and I'll be removing it from the Wrapup but as for Battlefield 3, Jl1223 X is working on making a Play Date for it he's just trying to see if people would actually go so watch out for his thread. I don't think it's up yet though Gryffin

Oh okay, well I'll chat to Jl1223 X about the BF3 Gamenight, see if I can be apart of all this.

• Like 2

Could we start maybe, BF3 Gamenights aswell as the Shifting Gears?

I just feel that BF3 would be hilariously fun to play with a group of us. If not, a Mass Effect 3 Gamenight? You can come up with a creative name for these gamenights.

Thanks Drizzy. ;)

The Shifting Gears game night is a unique playdate, we almost certainly won't be hosting them on a regular basis: we had to move the date as it looked like there was going to be a very low attendance, and one member in particular who'd done some incredible behind-the-scenes work wasn't going to be able to make it.

As for other things, we probably won't start regular game nights for other games - we are first and foremost a Halo forum after all - but there may well be the occasional week where we'll play something new.

And of course, if you have our community gamertag added, you can always just invite your fellow forum-goers to your own matches, no need to wait for approval from the mods! :)