rwtf Leah

The Beam Rifle in Snipers.

Something I might suggest changing in the Snipers playlist is:

1. Either getting rid of the beam rifle completely.

or

2. Making it a load out for everybody.

I know I'm not the only one who gets annoyed with the one person who always seems to get it, and if it is the other team that manages to get it, then they tend to camp with it. It's just a bit shady. 

Your thoughts?

I think they should make more available on the map. I don't like how there's usually only one on the map, it makes it unbalanced.

• Like 1

Like I said, playing with a Beam Rifle on team amulets is like playing swat while everyone else plays team snipers.

I dunno. I dont like auto-aim guns.

I'm not pilot of a KURATA, I'm just wearing MJOLNIR....

To (kinda) quote Cortana;

"I like a little more snipers with my snipers"

As in, I believe Team SNIPERS should be for SNIPER Rifles. Notice the sniper part?

It's like SWAT with One Incineration Cannon and everyone DMR's. The cannon will most likely win.

Edited by BaconShelf

@BaconShelf Good points until that last analogy; the DMRs would win easily in SWAT with their superior range and ammo capacity. The Beam Rifle's auto aim is a bit ridiculous. Fortunately, that's something 343i is looking to fix along with various other weapons tuning updates. I think the Beamer is too lenient in Snipers; it should overheat from rapidly fired shots and have better cooldown from evenly paced shots.

Well. If everyone else had plasma pistols may be a better analogy.

Maybe there should just be another game-type on Team Snipers, like Beam Slayer. Then the gameplay would be balanced and fair. Plus: wheres the "Magnum" gone in 4. I miss it. :)

If the rate of fire were slightly nerfed on the beam rifle and balanced with the human sniper I don't see why it couldn't be a loadout weapon, similar to the way the weapons were balanced for Halo 2 and 3.

I think it should revert back to two shots then it overheats because three shots just gives the user too many quick shots and chances to hit their opponent. Gun nerfing is definitely necessary in my opinion if they were to make it a loadout weapon.

If done right, a user could pull off 3 shots in 2. But that required timing. I agree with the above commeny^