Forge Island vs Forge World

Jack Of Harts

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Forge map?

• Forge Island
    • Forge World

I am aware that Forge Island is "old news" now, but I still wanted to make this topic.

Both maps have their advantages, but which one do you prefer?

Advantages of Forge Island:

Flat lands are easier to build on.

You don't need to block off half the map with walls, to prevent people from leaving the map.

A bigger forge pallet, including bases, a Green Screen, and the ability to place trees.

Advantages of Forge World:

More interesting map, as it has a lot more terrain.

More aesthetically pleasing.

I personally prefer Forge Island, for building on but what do you think is better?

• Like 1

Forge World all the way. Forge Island is a big step up from Halo 4's other Forge maps, but compared to Forge World, its nothing. Forge Island has and interesting concept, but in many ways it seems too plain. Boring. And its still not big enough to make many of the maps I remember from Reach (custom games and matchmaking). I remember the first time I explored Forge World. There were always surprises around every corner, and over every mountain. It was always "I can go THERE??". Forge World had so much more potential. Mountains, cliffs, ocean, rivers, caves, and tunnels. Forge Island? Plain, boring, flat ground.

Forge World all the way. Forge Island is a big step up from Halo 4's other Forge maps, but compared to Forge World, its nothing. Forge Island has and interesting concept, but in many ways it seems too plain. Boring. And its still not big enough to make many of the maps I remember from Reach (custom games and matchmaking). I remember the first time I explored Forge World. There were always surprises around every corner, and over every mountain. It was always "I can go THERE??". Forge World had so much more potential. Mountains, cliffs, ocean, rivers, caves, and tunnels. Forge Island? Plain, boring, flat ground.

It's easier to build maps on, though. Forge World is a really nice looking map, but I prefer Forge Island for actually building on because you don't have to worry about blocking off loads of the map with walls, and you don't have to worry about finding a space to build on. In Forge World, all the hills and rocks just got in the way, whereas with flat lands, you won't have any of these problems.

That's a tough one. Forge Island is geared towards those who like to build their own structures without the natural environment botching their ideas. Forge World is meant for those who like to integrate the natural environment into their work.

I personally like to integrate as much of the natural environment as much as I can, so I choose Forge World. But, because of Halo 4's forge being easier for the average Joe to use, I like building stuff on Ravine and Impact. There are lots of natural features to utilize.

• Like 2

i say forge island. why?

• forge island is about double or triple the size of forge world
  • forge island allows you to create maps that otherwise couldnt of been made such as altered because of the height boundaries or made larger because of the lack of space near "hemmorage"
  • forge island can make more maps inside the 3 islands
  • with forge island you can make race tracks go longer or higher
  • you get to add trees

forge island downfalls

• cant forge in the water, despite how deep it looks in theather
  • the ground may have to be created with some maps

why forge world was good

• there were different terrain areas: Canyon, Island, Pillar, Coliseum, Quarry, Lagoon, Coastline, Alaska, Montana
  • the no death water spot outside the map
  • more height past the starting height barrier

forge world downfalls

• no safe underwater spot in the map
  • limited height
  • you die going into the walls/ground
  • no scenery, excluding rocks, to add

sure forge island might be lacking terrain, but players were asking for a much larger forge world and that was forge island

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sure Forge Island has lots of space, but it's kind of useless since about 80% of it is water, and we don't have enough pieces or budget to cover it up. Plus, there's not really any good way to use the water in a land-based map since there's no beaches. Forge Island gives us ten times less budget than Forge World and puts some of the most useful pieces all into one category that only allows twenty pieces at $150 each. The budget wouldn't really be a problem if we had more to work with instead of having to build our own rock walls and such, which Forge World provided.

Forge World also had useful special effects such as purple and orange for different times of day, and Next Gen for a cloudy look (Next Gen in Halo 4 just messes everything up).

I feel that the lack of terrain in the Anvils is actually a very big problem as we only have very little rock pieces if we want t use buildings, walkway larges, Colliseum windows, or round ramps. Plus Forge World had a large indoor palette that didn't get in the way of the natural terrain whatsoever.

both of them are good but forge world had that making of a video where forgeisland made a green screen so literally you can take any map and use it but forge world is big and can make your own areas look different from the map  so forge world is the best.

• 2 months later...
Sure Forge Island has lots of space, but it's kind of useless since about 80% of it is water, and we don't have enough pieces or budget to cover it up.

Try Forge Ocean - a solid ocean: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/aureliansolaris/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

• 3 months later...

I think, considering both have building space, they could be just as good as each other forge world- having a lot of good building space and land. Forge Island - having a few small pillars ofland that are really flat. Overall, I prefer Forge World because the hangar counts as good flatland.

I think, considering both have building space, they could be just as good as each other forge world- having a lot of good building space and land. Forge Island - having a few small pillars ofland that are really flat. Overall, I prefer Forge World because the hangar counts as good flatland.

Yes! I completely forgot about how useful the hangar was. It was great for taking of with a Falcon. I could spend hours playing with friends on Forge World and not get bored. :D

I'd like if they just did both, because i agree with a lot of the previous comments. Forge world was more for someone who wanted to integrate the terrain into their world, and forge island was the opposite. Forge world was huge, and had a lot of occupants already, like it was already a map, built . I'm assuming 343 actually wanted the community to build something themselves, something completely pure if you get what i'm saying . I guess you can't like either one better, or point fingers at anyone because this is only 343 looking after the community . Either way, i think both should have been made available. Although forge island is good for building, i really do miss messing around in Forge world, ha.

Don't forget that if you get some Teleporters you can build maps inside each of the Pillars, and if you get a respawn point and a Grid, you can build maps underwater, creating a whole different feel to the maps.

If I remember correctly you can't spawn underneath the water in Forge World, or inside the assorted Mountains and rocks.

• 3 weeks later...

I was very surprised to see Forge island had 5/24 votes.  I personally think even Impact is better than Forge Island, and while I know many don't agree with me there, I thought there would be no doubt forge world was better.

Debunkers:

Flat Islands-Too flat if you ask me.  Forge world had flat enough areas, but forge Island is unrealistically flat.  I haven't seen anyone make a map that uses the natural terrain where it doesn't look really bad because of the flatness.

Don't need to block off with walls-Kill boundaries/Safe boundaries!!!

Pallet-Sure there is a green screen (not useful in functional maps anyways), trees, and a couple of other new things, but a lot was removed and the budget is very limited on Forge Island.

Size-Forge World had plenty of air space to build in.  On forge Island, I can build my map over here, the same map over there, or over there, but there's no difference.

• 2 months later...

Forge world. Not only is it larger, but it has variable terrain and plenty of flatland If you know where to look. Along with that fact, they have more natural feature. Rocks, Trees, Hills and for gods sake, the water actually has effects! The water in Forge island is disgusting! I would think by the large amounts of water-involved reach forge maps, they would have taken the hint and made the water more workable.

I prefer forge world because the simple fact it was huge! It was a massive map that has all sorts of forging potential, it had that valley, nifty hidey holes, terrific air space, and a giant island being overlooked by another island and a hangar. Forge island is just that. An island (or two, I don't remember).

Forge World surpasses Forge Island on just about every level in my book. But even with that said, I still like the idea of Forge Island, since it is a unique atmosphere all together. There is so much space in the sky to build compared to Forge World, there is just no real reason to use it. I have seen some rather incredible maps utilizing the Islands in unique ways, but that is not to say that the same map couldn't of been built in Reach in Forge World. It's personal preference in the end, most maps are not big enough to cover the whole map anyway, and you rarely even think about what map it is built on when you play. At least that is me.

But if I had to choose, Sandbox would win. That map was just eery, futuristic, and ancient all wrapped up in one. You don't get that feeling on either Forge World or Forge Island. There are no giant pillars of death.

I liked my pillars of death.

Edited by undr zid
  • Like 3