New XBOX reveal on May 21st!

21120_10151436730363721_1296039380_n.jpg

According to Microsoft's official Facebook page, an announcement for the next Generation Xbox console will be made.

Here is the quote:

Tune in for the live reveal, May 21 at 10 AM PDT on Xbox.com, Xbox Live, and Spike TV.

post-15182-0-79377400-1366826446.png

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 7

This can't come soon enough. Some of the recent rumours going around have been very discouraging, to say the least, and Microsoft's policy of not commenting on rumours and speculation really hasn't helped - especially in the wake of things like Adam Orth's comments and the supposed 'leaks' of the nextbox's techniIcal specifications.

It'll also be good to see what new exclusive IP we'll be seeing next generation. The PS4 looked to have a pretty strong line-up, and the Xbox needs to be even stronger to justify the additional expense of XBL.

• Like 1

I just seen it on the dashboard and was on my way over here to post it haha. I can't wait to see it, well I hope they reveal the actual console and not just what sony did at their last presentation and just show of the dashboard and stuff.

well this is still a long way always but I  will defiantly be watching the reveal I cannot wait to see the new Xbox thanks for bringing this news to my attention Adam

It was total mayhem that brought us this news, thank him but you are welcome anyway lol.

• Like 1

Can't wait for the new xbox... hopefully its going to blow the PS4 out of the water! They must just keep the cross-compatability for the older games. Will be a pain to have to plug in the old xbox 360 just to play some of the older games

I'm Half excited and Half sad, excited for what  new things are ahead and sad for the great memories that are going to be left behind on the 360. Anyway, I probably won't get this until Halo 5 comes out, as I am perfectly content with everything on the 360 at the current moment. Hopefully I will hear some good things about it come May 21st that makes me want to buy it more...

This really makes me wonder what challanges the generation after this upcoming one will face. Majority of us are fine with our 360's and will by the next gen consoles with slight reluctance along with skepticism. So what comes after this and how long will it last? I can honestly see us holding on to the next gen systems for as long as possible because we won't want change. We won't want to pay another 500+ bucks nor will we want to see an increase with game prices or restrictions.

I can honestly see us holding on to the next gen systems for as long as possible because we won't want change. We won't want to pay another 500+ bucks nor will we want to see an increase with game prices or restrictions.

I held on to my PS2 until 2009 as an example to that statement.  That may seem a little long to hold on (Having got the console in 2002) with the newest genaration at the time coming in in 2005, but I loved my PS2 and saw no need to get a new console other than the fact that

1: I found Halo

2:PS2 stopped making new games around 2010

I don't care if it's more powerful, bigger, better, or whatelse. There's plenty of games on the 360, whose 7 are Halos. Should i buy a new console? Not in my opinion. Unless it comes out with a new Halo... an event i hope will not happen. We must wait a couple (possibly more) years before a new Halo game. Since then, 360 rules the way.