Have You Heard Of...?

HSG Forge PRO

I'm pretty sure all Halo Fans know what 'Forge' is. And I'm sure that some may think that they are good at Forging Maps, and are really good. I'm also sure that a lot of the Halo Fans don't know how to forge, or even think they can forge, but really can't. There's a reason for those people. They are usually better at match making. Well, my name is David, and my Gamer Tag is HSG Forge PRO. And I am one the few forgers who can actually forge.

I hope you will find this post appeasing to you.

I'm HSG Forge PRO, and I'm not a very well known forger. I started out as some teen who just wanted to play Halo 3. But as I played more and more of the forge, I became better at it. Once I got Halo: Reach, I started going crazy on the forging. I was making maps like no tomorrow. I was in my moment soo much, that I not only made over 700 maps, but I almost failed my junior year at High School. I knew that I had a really small Forging title amongst my friends, and I knew that I had a talent for making great maps. But what I didn't see coming, was that many other people had played my maps and had even downloaded a few of them. That's when I figured out that I wasn't making maps for myself or for my friends, but I was making maps for the community. And when I got Halo 4, I immediately started new projects. These projects, unfortunetly, will not be going public for awhile. This is due to my living situation, my online capabilities, and a few other factors. 

Now, some people may be asking, "what kind maps do you make?" The maps that I make, arem't your usual everyday 4v4 map. My maps tend to be big, big team, and from my friend's words, epic. I have recently started to make small 4v4 maps, but it's just not me. I love forging, and I hope to be able keep my maps coming out.

Please reply if you want to talk to me.

Edited by HSG Forge PRO

I will also start taking in request's as to what kind of map the people want. If you want me to make a certain map, please write it in a response to these posts. 

Thank you for being really great, and i will post a day when people can test my maps. But that wont happen until I can get replies to this topic, and once I get internet again.

Remember, the more replies, the more the maps that I bring out, and the more the map test days.

I will also try to host all day open lobbies when I get internet again.

Forge PRO out.

I have realized that the statements that I have stated, are a little biased. And I don't want them to be. If you want me to change them, please let me know and I will change them ASAP.

Edited by HSG Forge PRO

Welcome to the community, we have some great forgers here, some decent, and others that never forge. If you ever need any help, don't be afraid to ask.

hey, thanks for the reply

I am a forger, but I have gotten a forgers block before. And the only thing I really need help on is connecting to the internet with my xbox, and people testing one of my maps, giving me feed back, and helping me finish the map.(I'm kinda on a forger's block with this map). and if anyone wants to check out this map, it's in my file share. the map name is 'Space Base' and it should be used with big team slayer.  my Gamertag is HSG Forge PRO. 

thanks,

Forge PRO signing out

And the only thing I really need help on is connecting to the internet with my xbox, and people testing one of my maps, giving me feed back, and helping me finish the map

always nice to see a new face who isnt complaining about the game's flaw's but thats another story for another time

• if you need help connecting to the internet, the xbox website has tips. google search "xbox help: connecting to the internet" or something along that line
  • good luck getting players to test maps. i cant get players to test maps because i dont really have a good or "open" timeslot and when i do know about it, theres little warning time to get the word out
  • feedback and working on maps can be the same thing. just get the one who is giving you feedback into the map and get tips on how to improve. they might not know how to balance weapons, spawns, or other details about the map so ask them first what their strenghts are

wow, 700 maps. dont be going so fast or you might run out of map ideas. jot them down so that way, you can spend maybe up to 1-2 week with 1 map instead of making a thousand at once and might forget the original idea. what im trying to say is, dont rush with the maps, work with it for a bit, instead of building it in a day. if another idea comes to you, write it down and wait until your finished with what your working on. unless you have an output per day to meet

• Like 1

Pretty bold, some might even say arrogant.

However, I understand how it feels to take pride in maps that don't get a lot of attention. My advice: Get in touch with someone from THFE. I met Psychoduck on HaloCustoms, and he passed my Infection map onto Pokephile. Now I'm a moderately respected Forger and I've been invited to the esteemed MK25. One simple move can turn everything around.

HaloCustoms can also get you test lobbies easier and quicker than by any other means.

• Like 1

One of the 'few' forgers that can forge. I'm sorry, but you have looked in the most downloaded and on YouTube right? There are more than a few good forgers.

Anyway, I would still be happy to test maps when you can get your internet sorted.

Pretty bold, some might even say arrogant.

However, I understand how it feels to take pride in maps that don't get a lot of attention. My advice: Get in touch with someone from THFE. I met Psychoduck on HaloCustoms, and he passed my Infection map onto Pokephile. Now I'm a moderately respected Forger and I've been invited to the esteemed MK25. One simple move can turn everything around.

HaloCustoms can also get you test lobbies easier and quicker than by any other means.

Thanks for the advice

I will be sure to check up on this more often and once i get back online, i will try ur advice

One of the 'few' forgers that can forge. I'm sorry, but you have looked in the most downloaded and on YouTube right? There are more than a few good forgers.

Anyway, I would still be happy to test maps when you can get your internet sorted.

My few maps are on my fileshare

HSG Forge PRO

and the stats that i put were just from wat i saw on reach. true good forgers

welcome to the community HSG Forge PRO I hope u enjoy it here have questions don't be afraid to ask :thumbsup:

Thanks I will b sure to ask wen its needed

Well, if you are indeed as skilled as you proclaim, I want to welcome you to the community! I am new to the site, but have been forging since the release of foundry on Halo 3 and have been known for a few of my maps on reach such as 'Deep Space' (a custom infection map based around a powerless space station) 'metropolis' (a sprawling open world infection map based in a city) the close quarters slayer map series (labeled by CQ_ in the name, and another on of my most popular, 'Escape 2: The Asylum' and I have not ventured deep enough into halo 4's forge yet to have any quality maps. I am working on remaking Star Wars: Battlefront 2 into Halo 4 and suggest you take a look at that thread if that interests you. :) now that we have both introduced ourselves, Hello

• Like 1

I try to get better but the ideas I come up with are coplicated something always goes wrong with a base I make I made one with the help of my brother A.K.A yep you guessed it blueboy 409 helped with one to make it successful but I let him keep it was more of his work than mine

I try to get better but the ideas I come up with are coplicated something always goes wrong with a base I make I made one with the help of my brother A.K.A yep you guessed it blueboy 409 helped with one to make it successful but I let him keep it was more of his work than mine

its always ok to get help from another forger. and once i get back online, u and me can go make something

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly hate player made maps, usually. Now when I say player made I mean maps that I have seen in halo reach. As far as I have seen on Halo 4 the player made maps that have been introduced into Halo 4 match making are pretty strait forward and easy to understand. Also though they are pretty much the same as the dev maps. Small circle with paths leading from one end of the circle to the other, I.E. boring and done to death in Halo 4. I miss Asymetrical maps, but I also miss the vehicles and missing game types that got removed from previous halos :laughing:  but that aside I was actually wondering how you even submit a map to 343? I know with bungie it was worse than trying to get a job! With bungie you had to get X amount of downloads, X amount of players contacting them and recomending your map, map had to be reveiwed by bungie employees and recomended, then it had to be examined by bungie, and beta tested, and after all that you might get your map put on match making, but even then it's iffy...it's more like this though > :wallbash:

well then, u would love my maps, i dont make matchmaking types of maps. im mor of a unique type of map maker. theres others like my out there, u just have to find them. some of them r on my xbox live friends list. if anyone would like to contact me, u can email me at [email protected]        but if u want to see my maps, im srry i but i cant show u due to internet and no gold. but if u contact me on my email, i can tell u who to talk to on my friends list and and they might b abl;e to show u some of my maps. for halo 4 and reach.

Squally DaBeanz

srry, i cant upload any pics, with my current living situation(i'm a homeless high school senior who is graduating) i cant do it. but the soonest that i can, i will.