The Flood Matchmaking Update

NextHaloGeneration

I think what 343 should do for the next matchmaking update is change the Flood gametype. Just some simple changes, not an entire Flood remake.

One change would be changing how Flood works. Instead of a free-for-all game, it should be a team game, except every round is seperate, with different people on each team (two Flood, the rest humans). You win like free-for-all, except the rounds are set up as teams. So Dominion turrets shoot the Flood and no one else.

Another change would be gamemode editing. The Flood SHOULD be able to hold weapons, but not pick them up. Also, thet should be able to look like humans. In the Appearance traits, the appearance is set to Flood. If you do default, then it should make flood look like humans. So imagine a game where the Flood look just like humans, and the humans must kill the Flood (one-life) without killing a team mate.

Finally, new Flood type gamemodes. This means that there would be different types of Flood modes. Maybe, if the above changes were implemented, than there would be a Halo Reach Infection gamemode.

These are the three changes I would like in the next matchmaking update. I dont think these would be very hard to implement at all. So if the next update was for the Flood gamemode, then everyone will love 343 Industries very much.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

You forgot one thing... Using your Spartan's colors instead of everybody being yellow.  Does anyone know why they made everyone yellow anyway?

Visibility, mostly. It means that nobody gets a camouflage advantage from picking certain colours: imagine how hard it would be to find white Spartans with the Frost visor on a map like Longbow.

Also, it looks a little bit like the colours used on Hazmat suits in the real world, and since they're dealing with an infection, it's probably to add to that kind of feeling.

Your idea of a gametype where you had to figure out who the Infected were reminds me of Trouble in Terrorist TOWN, which I tried to recreate in Reach... The only problem is that your weapon reticle gives away whether or not they are Infected :(

Yeah, I actually made a gametype where the flood looks like an regular guy. The counter-act against the reticle? I gave everyone gravity hammers.

The gamemode is called Orthodox and it is on my fileshare: Trio of Kings