What "I think" Halo 5 should become.

Abraham Walton

Just a brief introduction guys:

The first game I ever played on an xbox system was Halo 2 and it was just epic, I was blown away, and I was only 7 years old. After that, I was ultimately a Halo fan.....until Halo 4 that is, no offense to 343 Industries(or anyone else). I'm absolutely convinced that if Halo 5 is to be successful as well as the entire franchise, they need to focus on the players needs and wants, but that's just  me.

What is war?

I would love Halo 5 to take a different turn than the other Halo games. Halo has always involved some sort of conflict, aka war, but it has never really shown it on that grand scale, it's always been relatively small. I would like to see it be a lot more than just 8 vs 8, I mean, that's small. The closest thing I've seen to war in the Halo series is Halo 3, there were tons of battles with vehicles and troops, it just gives you that sense that "this is war." Basically, I want Halo to go in a Battlefront, Battlefield, and Planetside sort of direction. Everything needs to be bigger such as maps, number of players, weapons(more of them), vehicles(scarab), etc.

What there should be(generally):

monstrously large maps, with destructible buildings(unless they're Forerunner), a variety of vehicles, different classes(such as ODSTs, Marines, Spartans, etc.), lots of weapons, and ultimately some sort of goal or mission that gives a direction to the battle.

Now, what I don't mean is to entirely eradicate small, close quarters, urbanized combat. I honestly love playing small maps that are perfect for 4 vs 4, but sometimes bigger is better. I just want lots of variety and Halo 4 didn't really do the job for me.

PLEE:

For God's sake guys, bring back or create new and aggressive enemies like the Flood! Halo 4 was just really dull with the lack of various enemies, weapons(were to standard), vehicles, and missions(campaign too short).

Campaign: 

I agree with everyone on this one, the flood, the brutes, and the elites need to return! I miss being able to play as an elite in multiplayer as did many other players. I would love to see them make a huge return and be free to upgrade/customize their armor just as you can with spartans, that would an amazing experience!

Also, the Arbiter should make a comeback due to his mysterious disappearance in Halo 3. I think he should somehow reunite with 117 to go on the search for Dr. Halsey and the Didact's Hand, but the story should have some sort of dark turn to it, just as 343 Industries have been rumoring about for some time now. Furthermore, I don't like the fact they took Cortona right out of the game, and really, that was the only thing that kept me playing the Halo 4 campaign. She needs to comeback as well. 

Multiplayer:

It's becoming nullifying, it's the same old stuff really, no creativity or imagination. I like how the UNSC weapons had real gun sounds to them, but as far as the Covenant weapons go, nothing new or at least nothing stands out among them. However, with the Forerunner/Prometheons, there was definitely an attempt there, but they could have been made more unique and alien like.

Conclusion:

I'm a novice writer, so PLEASE, correct me if any of my information is inaccurate. I would like to know new information about Halo 5, though there really isn't any, and also I would like to hear your guys opinions on the matter. If you read this all the way through, give me some feedback and I will get back to you ASAP! Thank you ahead of time for you that do read this(or at least skim over), have a nice day :)

I don't think quite as many as Planetside is feasible. High end gaming PCs can get boticeable frame rate drops in larger battles.

However, 16v16 may become possible for a new console.

Destroy able environment just doesn't fit in halo. Works brilliantly for BF, but not Halo.

Brutes were almost wiped to extinction by elites, there isn't many of them around any more.

Well, I wasn't exactly meaning to have Halo taken to the PC, I meant that it should have as many players at one time as Planetside does as well as specific capture points and such. I've read many of the novels and played all of the games, but I do not recall the Elites pushing the Brutes to near extinction. 

I don't see what would be wrong with having destructible environments in Halo, and seeing how no one's even tried experimenting with it anyways it could work for Halo but who knows. 

16 vs 16 would definitely be wild for Halo :)

I never said it would be on PC. But consoles are pretty crap compared to gaming PCs, I meant that a console simply cannot handle 1000 players and a map that size, not to mention the huge FPS drops and lag caused by the fact Microsoft will not get dedicated servers. As much as I want if to, it can't happen.

Destructible environments. Well, you've seen how much complaining there is now about halo 4's additions. This would just carry on. And again, I can't see it working with halo's physics engine. I doubt 343 will buy the Frostbite 3 that Battlefield 4 is getting.

Unfortunately, that is the truth of the matter, consoles are crap in comparison to PCs. I would also love them to get dedicated servers, but like you said, it can't happen.

Yes, I understand that there is an excessively large amount of complaints about Halo 4 additions, but destructible environments was not one of those additions. Again, I agree, it would not work with their current engine, but maybe they can work with someone else, use their engine, or create a new one entirely and toy around with to see what it's like. Maybe they could have a beta specifically dedicated to making the proper destructible environment for Halo, you really can't go wrong with that.

No. I meant enough people complain about loadouts, ordnance and sprint being 'not enough like halo' and 'taking skill away'.

Imagine the reactions they would have when you can just blow up the wall so they can't take cover. Plus, how many maps on halo would suit destruction at all? Forerunner structures can't be damaged that well with infantry weapons. Same for covenant and there aren't too many human structures. The ones that are there are the walls and corners of the map. Think about a dominion base just in the open.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't suit halo gameplay. It suits battlefield as you spawn with heavy weapons and the gameplay is based on the destructible environments but halo is very different. If nothing else, think about how annoying the moaners would be.

I would like 16 v16 option in Halo, but as stated the console and the servers would need to be built to handle it. Not an impossible feat, I think. I love BF3, but I agree the level of destruction does not fit in with Halo and forgible mapping. For me, we need Halo 5 to be a descent into despair, Flood and all. And Armor types should be more than just looks. I want my customization armor types to have tangible benefits.

CV

Playing as an elite was ridiculously boring and pointless. Especially in reach as the covenant weapons were no match for and more tedious to use than the human weapons. And to make games on a larger scale they would have to have dedicated servers and not this p2p or median host bs. so who knows, regardless im still going to buy it whatever they do will be new and enjoyable... for a time.