Fishy

Halo Weapons  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Storm Rifle
    • Plasma Rifle
    • Brute Plasma Rifle
    • Plasma Repeater

Alright. So there's been a hot topic over the Halo most used covenant weapons. Everyone either likes the Plasma Rifle, Brute Plasma Rifle, Plasma Repeater, or Storm rifle.

I for one, am a Plasma Rifle fan.

What are your opinions on these weapons?

• Like 1

The plasma rifle from Halo 3 is still my favorite. In Reach, the plasma rifle and the plasma repeater were not very good weapons. In 4 the storm rifle isn't as effective as the AR or the suppressor many times, so despite being good, it's always overpowered by another weapon.

• 3 weeks later...

well i do have to agree and admit that the storm rifle looks like an ugly carbine. i was so good with one. but why one vote i want to vote for two!!!!!!!!!! i'd go with the brute plasma rifle and storm rifle too. because I'm good with the storm rifle and if you know how to use it it's a really great weapon. but i went with plasma rifle brute because it is is powered and useful for killing brutes and other enemies FAST. so count my vote as the storm rifle AND the brute plasma rifle

While I don't like 4 that much compared to the other games, I prefer the Storm Rifle over the Plasma Rifle for single-wielding purposes. It looks better, has a deeper color, and sounds better.

That being said, I prefer the Plasma Repeater over both. While it has about the same power as the Reach AR, I love how the fire rate and accuracy can change depending on how long you fire continuously. So, I can actually win a fight with an AR user simply by firing continuously and backing up away from the enemy.

storm rifle make's it more human like not alien and i mean it kinda is not short like a plasma rifle is so i mean i like all of them but storm rifle is my frist and plasma repeater is second because it is like a plasma cannon 

I like the Storm Rifle the best among the choices. I just think it's better at killing the enemy compared to the other plasma guns.

agreed

well the storm rifle is something i want to see in more halo games that was the best gun since slice bread 

ya i would love to see the storm rifle in more halo games

• 2 weeks later...

Plasma Rifle: Classy.

Plasma Repeater: Fast.

Storm Rifle: New.

Brute Plasma Rifle:...red

Overall, I give my vote to the Storm Rifle.  It's fast, fairly strong and you can spawn with it.  It's not too great as a primary, but if it's used as a secondary it wrecks people up close.  Probably my biggest reason for picking it, though, is that nobody ever seems to use it.  People used the Plasma Rifle to take down shields, you spawned with the Plasma Repeater in Invasion and the Brute Plasma Rifle you never even got to use in PVP.  The Storm Rifle fits right between the Suppressor and Assault Rifle, making it absolutely amazing for an automatic, yet no one uses it. 

Is Storm Rifle winning because everyone's voting for the stronger one?

Last I checked, all weapons are good. You don't need a stronger one to win.

Foresay, I can beat someone with a plasma rifle faster than a brute plasma rifle.

How so? Know your weapons and your strong points and you can win anything!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Personally, I like the Storm Rifle. I like it because it seems to do a bit more damage than the other plasma based weapons. But it seems to run out of charge very quickly. Which almost makes it tied with the Plasma Repeater in my experience. The Plasma Rifle and I just never seem to get along. It always overheats at the wrong times for me. Plus I'm just not very good at using it. So in the end I think the Storm Rifle is my favorite out of the 3 weapons. (I know I just said 3, that is because I count the Brute Plasma Rifle and the regular Plasma Rifle as the same weapon seeing as they are both Plasma Rifles with slight differences)

Is Storm Rifle winning because everyone's voting for the stronger one?

Last I checked, all weapons are good. You don't need a stronger one to win.

Foresay, I can beat someone with a plasma rifle faster than a brute plasma rifle.

How so? Know your weapons and your strong points and you can win anything!

Very true Fishy. Lets say that you are in a battle. Your opponent has an M134 Gatling Gun, and you have a rock. If they don't know how to use the gun, or are very inexperienced with it, and you are very adept with the rock, you would defeat them in the end. This is because you knew your weapon and your foe did not. Again, great point. Far to many people think if their gun is bigger, stronger, and is more accurate, they will automatically win.

• 1 month later...

Plasma Repeater because of the venting ability  :thumbup:

The plasma rifle from Halo 3 is still my favorite. In Reach, the plasma rifle and the plasma repeater were not very good weapons. In 4 the storm rifle isn't as effective as the AR or the suppressor many times, so despite being good, it's always overpowered by another weapon.

The Storm Rifle is very good at beating ARs in close range fights (and even mid range at times) That is because plasma weapons are better at taking down shields, and if you take someones shield down quicker you got the advantage. I would say in the hands of a smart player the storm rifle can do some work. If anything it is more accurate then the suppressor too. 

• 1 month later...