Stop defending 343 over CSR!!!

Jared1991

I can't stress this enough, stop defending them! You are condoning there actions. Look I'm not going to go into the millions of problems with CSR, which is not a competative skill rank by the way!!!! Nothing competative about it at all. If I wanted to I could get my buddy to sign in 4 controllers on his xbox and booist me to 50 in everything but doubles. These are problems you would expect to have in pacman. But I digress... The fact is this game lost over 80% of its player base in under two months!!!!! Those are the numbers so don't try to convince me I'm wrong about how bad a job 343 did on this game. They screwed the pooch and as long as you keep condoning there malfiences we will continue to have a game that lacks luster. He is a list of csr problems.

1. Can't see it in game

2. Still join in halfway through games

3. Can cheat to 50

4. Not being team based takes away all incentive for callouts, teamwork, tactics, etc

5. No two sets of playlist (ranked vs unranked)

6. Lack of accountability from 343

7. Game consistently has issues with lag that have not been addressed

• Like 3

Can't see it in game because it stops online bullying.

Being able to join in games has nothing to do with ranking, so useless point.

Explain a way to evade cheating.

Halo 4 is still very team based.

There are two sets, check Halo Waypoint for which playlists are separated.

They have been addressed, if everyone has good Internet and you're lagging. It's your problem.

• Like 1

I defend 343 because I have the right to, and believe they are doing everything they can to please everyone. Problem is, some people will complain about anything until Bungie is back.

Do not tell people to stop defending 343. You have not yet given a viable reason yet. Oh, and I simply do not care about CSR, so that does not affect how I say things.

Point being, forcing your opinion on others is what makes others force their opinion on you. I like to think I'm open minded, and try to let people say their thing, but when people force their opinions on me, I wonder why I bother.

• Like 4

Its just that 343 hasnt been too responsive. They seem to be very cocky about their decisions even when they hurt instead of help.

I play halo 4 everyday, so i cant say im fully against but i did quit halo 4 for some time.

The way they developed the game just doesnt fit and though the game is alright, it has too many bugs and too many unbalances and it doesnt feel like any Halo that weve played.

The weekly updates havnt made sense until just now that they released better gametypes and are finally balancing weapons.

It just doesnt seem like theyre listening since from the very beggining people have been talking to 343 about what needs to be in the game and its up until and its a bit too late. They have lost alot of credibility and i think that this is what the OP was tryna say in a way.

• Like 2

Having played halo since the orginal (although only recently joined the online side of things) i was dubious about 343 taking over but whilst i cant say they have done a better job they have done a good one.  Sure there are issues and i hope they get sorted out but it cant be easy considering the well established fan base Halo has had from day 1. 

CSR is seemingly in response to the 1-130 system ingame which has been fairly unpopular (and i have to agree in most ways) and there are ways of cheating but that can be said for any ranking system that i have ever seen.

Can't see it in game because it stops online bullying. Nothing will stop this.
Being able to join in games has nothing to do with ranking, so useless point. You must be 5 years old, if I join halfway through a game I lose and my CSR goes down.
Explain a way to evade cheating. Don't allow guest in ranked matches duhhhhhh HALO 3
Halo 4 is still very team based. Not swat, TEAM slayer, big TEAM slayer, and sniper. These game types have all become about selfish play, no more call outs whatsoever.
There are two sets, check Halo Waypoint for which playlists are separated.
They have been addressed, if everyone has good Internet and you're lagging. It's your problem.
I don't have lag in cod. Which btw has more players in one playlist than Halo 4 has playing online at once

Listen you don't have to try to convince me Halo 4 is good, the general public has already decided that for you, and the winner? Not the game that lost 80% of its player base in two months. Congrates to 343 for ruining the game that created Xbox live.

• Like 2

Nothing will stop it? It already has, I've heard no cases of bullying lower ranked players like Hall 3 had.

That depends on the playlist you play. And you can stop joining games in progress anyways.

Partying up, "duhhhhhh HALO 3".

Those gametypes are still team based, it's just the way you play.

I see no comment for that point.

Again, it can be your connection.

The general community didn't decide that for me. I did myself.

• Like 1

This makes no sense to me. Halo 3 is the only halo with ranked and unranked playlists. It sounds like you are trying to blame 343 for starting the CSR system on Reach, but they didn't start it. Bungie did, so that eliminates most of your reasons. All the rest sounds like issues that you haven't got over with yet.

• Like 2

These points are actually very valid with strong proof to back them up.  Look, I love Halo but this game is very sad to me.  I have the best possible internet money can buy.  With fiber optic cables delivering it to my house.  Because of that I am punished. My good connection makes it hard for me to kill all the laggers.   I have a good friend who is ranked as one of the top ten players in Dominion.  When you ask him how and why, he will straight up admit that he uses his bad connection to lag around the map.  That is the first thing that he claims his good rank to be gifted from.  Any other game I play, I don't have issues, but 343 doesn't have any dedicated servers.  So yes, there is lag and lots of it.  The public can have access to these daily numbers of decline.  Halo is on a constant decline and it's snowballing.  I hope that 343 sells the right to Halo to a company who is more professional and honest which uses our millions of dollars to give us what we deserve.  We paid but they, after 6 months, have not delivered.

• Like 3

These points are actually very valid with strong proof to back them up.  Look, I love Halo but this game is very sad to me.  I have the best possible internet money can buy.  With fiber optic cables delivering it to my house.  Because of that I am punished. My good connection makes it hard for me to kill all the laggers.   I have a good friend who is ranked as one of the top ten players in Dominion.  When you ask him how and why, he will straight up admit that he uses his bad connection to lag around the map.  That is the first thing that he claims his good rank to be gifted from.  Any other game I play, I don't have issues, but 343 doesn't have any dedicated servers.  So yes, there is lag and lots of it.  The public can have access to these daily numbers of decline.  Halo is on a constant decline and it's snowballing.  I hope that 343 sells the right to Halo to a company who is more professional and honest which uses our millions of dollars to give us what we deserve.  We paid but they, after 6 months, have not delivered.

Yea well lets just hope they dont sell it to Treyarch or Infinity Ward xD

• Like 1

I Have to agree the lag thing is a real issue, its killed me on numerous occasions.

As for the team based variants They can be selfishly played but a team of selfish players will almost always lose to a team working together.  Whenever me and some friends go on as a team the only time we lose is when playing another group playing as a team who were better or had better tactics etc.  Blame people to obsessed with getting the most kills or whatever.

its a real shame that less and less people are playing halo, i still really enjoy playing and whilst there are issues that need solving (the way points are awarded for one) i will continue to play as it is still by far my fav fps.

If enough people feel that certain issues are to much for them to deal with why not start an online petition and send it to 343.

Better an engine for change than to let the decline continue

You seem to be blaming 343 for the lag. I don't remember Bungie being hated by you guys when they delivered laggy games, I know Reach was a good example of how bad lag can get, with it happening on SO many occasions. If you want dedicated servers, talk straight to Microsoft, not all on 343.

And to say that 343 should sell the rights is absolutely absurd, they have had 1 attempt of making a game that has to be around the mark of Bungie's. Sure they have work, but giving this amount of harsh critisism for one game is awful. I remember that Bungie didn't even complete a game, with Halo 2. That game was so poorly made, who cares about it being "the revolution for online FPS play", this game wasn't even complete in it's core. So many bugs, glitches, broken promises (which were far worse than H4) and poor connection issues.
To say that 343 doesn't deserve this franchise, when Bungie did worse, is just silly.

• Like 3

You seem to be blaming 343 for the lag. I don't remember Bungie being hated by you guys when they delivered laggy games, I know Reach was a good example of how bad lag can get, with it happening on SO many occasions. If you want dedicated servers, talk straight to Microsoft, not all on 343.

And to say that 343 should sell the rights is absolutely absurd, they have had 1 attempt of making a game that has to be around the mark of Bungie's. Sure they have work, but giving this amount of harsh critisism for one game is awful. I remember that Bungie didn't even complete a game, with Halo 2. That game was so poorly made, who cares about it being "the revolution for online FPS play", this game wasn't even complete in it's core. So many bugs, glitches, broken promises (which were far worse than H4) and poor connection issues.

To say that 343 doesn't deserve this franchise, when Bungie did worse, is just silly.

Indeed, lets not forget ODST

They have had 1 attempt of making a game that has to be around the mark of Bungie's. Sure they have work, but giving this amount of harsh critisism for one game is awful. I remember that Bungie didn't even complete a game, with Halo 2. That game was so poorly made, who cares about it being "the revolution for online FPS play", this game wasn't even complete in it's core. So many bugs, glitches, broken promises (which were far worse than H4) and poor connection issues.

To say that 343 doesn't deserve this franchise, when Bungie did worse, is just silly.[/color]

idk if id say bungie did worse even with reach but still you have a point 343 has had 1 Attempt and its a pretty good first attempt considering they didnt have an outline this time unlike with Halo:CE Anniversary

Halo CEA was a good game because they only had to update it. With Halo 4 now they had free rein to do whatever they wanted with the story and frankly people need to quite having soo many problems with it because lets face it if they wanted to they could have had John take off his helmet in the end and Ruin the franchise

Indeed, lets not forget ODST

/ODST wasnt bad the reason people dont like it is cause its different tho not that much different because remember Halo 3 all you had was a shield too besides HW was worse XD least in my opinion

Honestly when I play halo, now I think of a horrible game. My friends sold there halo 4,and  bought call of duty instead. I can never get in a game, and if I do its just a horrible connection, and also just people camping,glitched,modding, and its crazy.I honestly dont like how 343 industries took all the fun out of reach so they would have everyone go to halo 4. If they thought all these game types were great why didnt they move them to halo 4? Now those people who can never get on halo 4, halo 4 is different than before. So there is no need to stick up for halo 4 if you can never play it. Also dont say there isn't modding, because there are tons of aim botters,and modded maps. Even spades showed me a modded map, and its about your spartan being giant. I have seen people shoot straight in the air, and the bullet manages to kill somebody still. And also dont blame the servers on microsoft, because ms is only a publisher for halo 4 not a developer. When I played halo when bungie around, it lagged somtimes,but come on now this lagg now is redicolous.

I admit Halo 4 has issues, but what game doesn't?

It does lag like crazy, but at least you don't get thrown across the map all of a sudden. And sometimes, lagging is somewhat of a help even to the player. It is still a very team based game, the reason you say its not team based is because you lack the courage to ask someone to join a party for Team playing. Yes, 343 has delivered a low ball here, but this is the first game they have made, its not like they made 17 games before and this one was a cheaply made one . Its like a baby trying to walk, they walk a little bit then fall, after a while they are able to walk just fine. That is how 343 is, they take a few steps fall, but they'll get back up and start walking. Modding and Aimbot are problems yes, tell me one game that that isn't a problem. CoD sure as heck is number one for that, so don't say *sob* "Its worse then CoD" *sob sob*. In conclusion, Crap Happens, nothing that we can do about, so just deal with Halo 4 for now and wait till the next one comes out.

Edited by ZB-85
  • Like 5

Yea well lets just hope they dont sell it to Treyarch or Infinity Ward xD

I trust both of them. At least they have the common sense of not removing catering to hard core players, even if such catering sucks.

The thing about CSR is that, while many people probably won't care about it, many people do as well - these being the most hardcore of players, the ones who, eventually, will be the ones keeping the playlist numbers up. And to them - and many others - SR 130 means nothing. CSR, though, does. Does it matter that 343 created CSR because of the backlash they received in their forums? No. What does matter is that they created it for the competitive community in a way that will depress anybody who even has a minute care about skill - and probably some who really don't give a crap.

I mean, here is just one point that is pure stupid.

-No visibility in-game. "No more online bullying?" Uh, simple. Get better. Without incentive to have skill, don't have skill. That, or play social. "Less hackers and boosters etc.?" Halo 4 is easily the most hacked game I've played. Boosting? Account selling? Well, if many of those things happens it means your game is actually liked by many. And plus, if a noob bought an account? He's gonna get smashed. Right. Down.

-No visibility in-game. "No more online bullying?" Uh, simple. Get better. Without incentive to have skill, don't have skill. That, or play social. "Less hackers and boosters etc.?" Halo 4 is easily the most hacked game I've played. Boosting? Account selling? Well, if many of those things happens it means your game is actually liked by many. And plus, if a noob bought an account? He's gonna get smashed. Right. Down.

you do have a point there it is less pressure on people if only they can see there skill along with their friends
  • Like 1

Halo 4 is one of the best games ever produced for the Xbox 360, hands down. 

The Halo series of games, originally created by Bungie, were made as story based FPS games. They added a multiplayer to give the players of the game something to come back too, so that they would not just play the story then put the game on a shelf. The original Halo had a very primitive multiplayer because the developers focused more on the story. Same goes for Halo 2. Halo 3 saw a better more advanced multiplayer system at the demand of the fans, because the multiplayer became so popular with Halo 2. The spin off games (ODST and Reach) had decent multiplayer systems as well, though I have honestly never played ODST multiplayer. 

Bungie initially told a story - albeit a great one - and made multiplayer an afterthought, then, with their last games they made the multiplayer work well. 

There are many different aspects to the games and to the story that differ in terms of fan base, and unfortunately, story based fans - and developers - kind of win in this scenario.

343 focused more on the story - as they should have - and gave the multiplayer a very good go, and I still enjoy playing it occasionally. But you have to look at what else is going on in the world of gaming besides Halo 4. Call of Duty Black Ops came out very close to Halo 4 and kind of overshadowed the Multiplayer universe for the game. I cannot stand Call of Duty, any of the games, because every person I speak to has never even played the story missions, they jump straight onto the multiplayer to 'Prestige' of something to that effect. Mainly because Call of Duty is a multiplayer based game. And it definitely has its fair share of issues in terms of 'Lag' - though to be perfectly honest, Halo 4 has never lagged on me and I have a cabled internet connection. I know people with Wifi connections that have major issues, but that is most likely the connection itself. 

Point is:

--stop ragging on 343

--get a decent internet provider

--stop whining about CSR - majority of us don't care - If you want that, go join the MLG

--all games have their issues, this game has some, learn to live with it. 

If you don't like my answers, become a game developer and make your own game, its definitely not as simple as one might think. 

• Like 4