Tonight was my last night on Halo. Its been fun..

cwb

I didn't care for Reach much and this game is worse. The dmr being able to 4 shot you across Vahallah really ruined the game. They should have left the dmr out of the game. Its to powerful at all ranges. That's the only weapon you can use to get kills and have fun.. The invis and ordnance drops didn't help the game at all. What happened to having to strategize with your team to get the sniper or rockets? Now its just the luck of the draw. Multi team isn't fun because the maps are to small. You kill someone and they spawn close enough to one shot you after u just killed the guy. I understand 343 are rookie at this but taking stuff from cod was not the route to go for a Halo game. I like Cod but sometimes I want a change and halo didn't change that only thing it changed was I was using a Spartan instead of a soldier.. You guys have fun. Ill go back to BO2 until the new Battlefield comes out. Oh, and btw 343 take out the kill cam.. That is the most worthless pos I have ever seen in a game. Did u guys even test it out before u released it? I have never seen that thing even close to accurate.

I Don't blame you. I play a lot of Fallout New Vegas nowadays. It is singleplayer, but it is hella fun. Play something else, man. no reason for Halo to be a chore. Every now and then I pop in Pokemon Snap trying to beat my cousin's baloon Pikachu. Now THAT is challenging. Not even pika on a stump comes close.

Edited by FleshBack
  • Like 1

If you aren't enjoying it, there isn't a point playing. I agree there.

It's wierd though, I never have a DMR problem. (carbine/ AR user) I get killed occasionally but never as often as you have said.

i agree on many things, 343 have a lot to do to reach the expectation bungie left after them,the campaign was the one that hold halo 4 at its point at reward it got IMO, not the multiplayer, so many things could be changed to make it a better game

isn't the DMR supposed to be 5 shot kill

REACH is to be a great game i like to some times go back to it, but the lack of people make it hard to play

They are doing weapon balancing soon. They're leaving the DMR the same, Light rifle is getting a range boost, BR is going to take 4 bursts to kill, Carbine will take 1 less shot to kill, and all Automatics are getting a damage buff, and they are lowering the Auto-Aim assist.

• Like 1

They are doing weapon balancing soon. They're leaving the DMR the same, Light rifle is getting a range boost, BR is going to take 4 bursts to kill, Carbine will take 1 less shot to kill, and all Automatics are getting a damage buff, and they are lowering the Auto-Aim assist.

I don't suppose you have an official source for this? I would LOVE for this to be true!

Only recently played it to get the Castle Achievements out of the way, did that and then haven't even touched the disc since and wont do again until they bother with something new that either makes the game fun again or gives me some more achievements towards my gamerscore.

Right now, the only reason I will get Halo 5 will be to keep up with the storyline and play the campaign.  To me Halo Multiplayer is dead, so it's Halo 3 again for me :D

TBH its almost like they put all there effort into making the campaign good and saying f the multiplayer. I think a reason for that is because they can do updates to the multiplayer and not the campaign.. All they have to do is say " yes, we failed on multiplayer. But we are working on stuff to make it better. I could live with that ".. Bungie employees used to play halo 3 on a daily basis. I promise no one from 343i plays halo 4 on a daily basis. Its not fun, period. I had fun one match in halo 4. I stuck the gunner of the warthog in the head with the grenade launcher and waited like 30 seconds to blow it up. That was fun because I know he seen nade stuck to his face. Stuff like that happened all the time in halo 4 because the battles were closer and the maps were not as complex... The dmr also ruined close up battles due to its range. Ya, the br was the best gun in halo 3 but It didn't shoot near as far as dmr with as much power. This game is a big disappointment to me.. I enjoyed black ops 2 for a long time but the lag and connecting to host makes that game un playable at times. And I feel like cod is a noobs game. I loved halo for the competitiveness it had. I felt like when I went into team slayer I had to be at the top of my game not to hurt my team. We would get on the mics and strategize how to get the power weapons or invis. We would leave the sword or shotty for the invis guy so he could pick up so quick kills. No I have to rely on a damn ordnance drop that gives me a freaking needler every time while the guy that killed me just got a sniper. That will drive a normal man crazy! I know, it did me and forced me to quit playing the game.. Sorry for the rant

The DMR just needs a slower RoF, and it'll be fixed for good.

With invisiblity, I think it works well with the game, it has its disadvantages, like immediate release of it when you shoot with it on. The ordinances are a different 'weird' way of powerups/weapons, but I think it works with the pace of the game. Strategising still exists, just have to get to the initial weapon drops.

Multiteam I love because of the 6 teams in a small space. Much better than Halo: Reach, though I do miss rocket hogs in a gametypes.

So far you have some good opinions, but when you say Halo hadn't change apart from Spartan instead of Soldier, that's a load of garbage. You just said all of these changes you don't like. Halo 4 changed a lot, and mostly for the good I believe. The kill cam does need work on it, so in time it'll be very helpful.

I find mm fun on 4.

I hope they continue to put effort into campaign, as that is what has built much of the fanbase like me who read the books and go on the wiki to find out more. I'm happy for then to remove multiplayer entirely.

Azaxx I agree. I can't for my life understand why 343i want up every weapon deadliness to balance towards the DMR when they can just fix things by slowing the DMR ROF and make the reticule go red at a slightly longer distance (to add some distance advantage to it). Kill times are too short as is already ffs. The only weapon needing a change apart from that is the Carbine by subtracting a shot from it, but I actually leave it as is tbh. Boneheads at 343i :/

COD is a lame spammers game cwb. Only thing fun in Black ops2 is Zombies. Multiplayer is a random joke really.

And this is going to make things EVEN WORSE. You need to nerf the DMR, NOT make every weapon on par with it. Killing times need to be brought DOWN if anything in this game, not up. A 4sk BR will make evades completely IMPOSSIBLE. Why make the game more COD'ish?

• Like 1

Azaxx I agree. I can't for my life understand why 343i want up every weapon deadliness to balance towards the DMR when they can just fix things by slowing the DMR ROF and make the reticule go red at a slightly longer distance (to add some distance advantage to it). Kill times are too short as is already ffs. The only weapon needing a change apart from that is the Carbine by subtracting a shot from it, but I actually leave it as is tbh. Boneheads at 343i :/

COD is a lame spammers game cwb. Only thing fun in Black ops2 is Zombies. Multiplayer is a random joke really.

And this is going to make things EVEN WORSE. You need to nerf the DMR, NOT make every weapon on par with it. Killing times need to be brought DOWN if anything in this game, not up. A 4sk BR will make evades completely IMPOSSIBLE. Why make the game more COD'ish?

I have to agree about kill times, one thing that sets halo part from COD is that it takes more than 2 seconds to kill someone so needing a little more skill.  As for the campaign, it was the campaigns that consistently kept me playing all the halo games,  the multiplayer needs work but hopefully it will get there.

I also have to agree about ordinance drops, they are too random to be a good addition to the game and i always enjoyed going for set weapons etc.

I agree with some of the previous posts. Once I got the castle map pack dlc, and snapped up those achievements, and maxed out SR-130... Beat the game by myself on legendary and co op, and defended its constant scrutiny for months but... I can no longer defend it.

My biggest problem is that it has no replay value. The SR system is stupid and too easily attainable. Armor customizations look ****ty and there isn't enough difference in any of them to make you look any different.

Specializations and additional unlock of general weapons is stupid and shouldn't be something you have to earn. That was the biggest thing I hated about CoD. I'm new. I shouldn't be at a disadvantage because of that.

Maps aren't nearly as classic as previous Halo's. it seems like they just get worse progressively throughout the games.

Campaign was freakin awesome. Hands down the best yet. I even liked it better than Halo : CE. (Except for assault on the control room... That will always and forever be my favorite level...)

Valhalla wasnt the best remake they could've made. I would've gone with Zanzibar or something like that. Valhalla was okay at best. Blood gulch would've been more iconic albeit a little done to death.

Didn't like the absence of certain weapons. Brute shot, plasma rifle (all time fave with smg combo), smg and many others. Pulse grenades are doo doo and boltshot is annoying. I use it with surgical lethality but why? Because I know it's a killer. Doesn't mean it should outweigh shotguns. Sword also seems less practical on the battlefield along with the hammer.

Warthog sound effects are stupid and REALLY annoying. Mantis is a cool addition that is well balanced to other power vehicles like wraith etc... IMO. (Bring back the elephant and falcons)

People argue a true skill 1-50 would add replay value. That was awesome for its time. I remember investing whole weekends for double XP. I reached 50 in lone wolves and never picked it back up for fear of losing my 50. (In lone wolves)

To increase replay value have more systematic charts to make mile markers and goals with better rewards than basic load out weapons, the same armor with a different skin, and unattainable stances. Better armor customization options with more diversity in look. (Halo reach had the best but with modern graphics could do better. I wanna feel like a spartan. Not a guy in spandex with some random armor plates placed willy nilly). New ranking system, not true skill, not SR, something new fresh and addicting that comes equipped with replay value.

I guess that's what the moral of my post is. Replay value. I don't expect the same thing I've already played... If I wanted it to be more like Halo 3 I would just play Halo 3. I know it's supposed to be different but it could be better.

Say they made Halo 5 EXACTLY like Halo 3. Then most of the people complaining about change would be complaining about lack of.

They tried to avoid being repetitive every game.

And on ordnance, it was implemented to give players who are struggling a chance to play well. People complain about 'lack of strategy' because anyone can do well in the game, which they don't like.

Say they made Halo 5 EXACTLY like Halo 3. Then most of the people complaining about change would be complaining about lack of.

They tried to avoid being repetitive every game.

And on ordnance, it was implemented to give players who are struggling a chance to play well. People complain about 'lack of strategy' because anyone can do well in the game, which they don't like.

we don't want another halo 3 the only reason we compare it so much is because it was a very successfull game that provided everything reach and halo 4 couldn't a  complete Game with replay value.

all these armour ablilties and stuff would be ok if they slowly brought it out. it just seemed with halo 4 they said Screw it and gave us just about everything that wasn't current;ly broken in the halo series and made it worse.

Guest Frogger24

we don't want another halo 3 the only reason we compare it so much is because it was a very successfull game that provided everything reach and halo 4 couldn't a  complete Game with replay value.

all these armour ablilties and stuff would be ok if they slowly brought it out. it just seemed with halo 4 they said Screw it and gave us just about everything that wasn't current;ly broken in the halo series and made it worse.

1: I am unable to understand the first "sentence" of your post. Either your missing some critical punctuation or your just stupid. Either way Halo 4 delievers a complete game with plenty of replay value to me. Yes I said "to me". It is entirely up to the individual player to decide if it has replay value to them or not. No game is with out replay value, it only has to find the right players who enjoy it in such a way.

Halo: Reach is another game with plenty of replay value to me. It just is and there isnt a damn thing you can do or say that will change that fact for me.

So how about you express yourself in a manor that reflects that "judgement" as what it really is. A personal opinion. Every single "issue" and complaint made about any game is entirely a personal opinion. Yes opinions from other people might be similar or even the same but that doesnt change the fact that they are opinions only. It doesnt make them right.

To me, and I am sure to many, many others, Halo 4 is an amazing game and I will continue to play it for as long as I desire to. Go ahead and say I am lying.

2: Sweet Jebus, I cant believe how stunned I am at the second half of your post. We have had since Halo 3 to get used to the concept of the use of "gear" and "armor abilities". Halo 2 didnt have anything like that in the game. In Halo 3 we are smacked in the face with gear that we could pick up and use. What a huge change (and it was, not being sarcastic). Yet that was taken in stride. Then Halo: Reach comes out with armor abilities, a further refined idea of gear. One that took the world by storm. All hell broke loose because it was "different" yet the only difference is that you could use the piece of gear multiple times instead of just once. What a shocker (now that is sarcasim).

It introduced new abilites (some of which werent great but nothing is ever perfect) and modified some older ones. A profound change that, while familier to the gear of Halo 3, was its own beast worthy of understanding and use.

Now Halo 4 arrives with armor abilites still in the picture but even further refined. They removed some that were too quirky in Halo: Reach and added in a few new ones to suit the new faction they introduced. An incredible feat if I do say so myself. Yet the only real changes are the ability to select different loadouts with that gear in place. The armor abilities themselves were tweeked slightly (appearances on the Spartan) to suit the new game but their mechanics were basically the same.

The biggest difference really is the addition of passive abilities that you can unlock that further specialize your Spartan. Really it is just a further refinement into what people were already doing naturally. Drivers and gunners opted to take stuff that would help improve their odds at those jobs. Snipers would grab gear to improve their effectiveness. Heavy weapons users did the same and even your basic assault trooper used gear to improve upon their jobs. Really it just took those things to the next step. Not a giant step but a significant one none the less.

Loadouts are nothing new. In Reach and heck even in Halo 3 I believe you could customize which stuff a person spawned with at the begining of a match. Halo: Reach was a step further where it gave you multiple options that you could choose from in order to suit your needs. All Halo 4 did was refine those and allow individual player imput. Not worth complaining about those since we have had them for years anyways.

So what are we talkin here, 2007 to 2012? Thats 5 years to get used to armor abilites, gear and whatever else. How much more slowly did they need to go in order for people to get used to it?

Now then I am done ranting (at least for a while) I will get back to the OP. Sorry that you feel that way but nothing anybody here does or says will change how you feel. Its up to you to decide if you like a game or not. Since you clearly dont your making a good choice and just not playing it anymore. I suggest finding a new game that fits the needs you have. Have fun playing something else.

Either way Halo 4 delievers a complete game with plenty of replay value to me.

i stopped reading after this, i'm sorry this game was not complete when it came out, it was a good 70-75 percent complete. I'm glad you enjoyed a game in  alpha stage, When i pay 60 usd i expect to play a full completed game. 

Edited by TornadoFlame

Maybe we can look at it this way... Let us say that Halo 4 Had no (online) multiplayer, it's also the first of a trilogy. If it had no (online) multiplayer, I'd believe that the past looks like it is going to repeat itself...

"Halo:CE" -  Oldest form of Halo Multiplayer, no online multiplayer, only on split screen and LAN. Then to Halo 2: (Most peoples) favorite multiplayer of the Halo Trilogy. It was innovative and the only kind of its time (blew our balls off)

Skip to Halo 4: Fans are conflicted, a good majority hates it, and a decent majority thinks it is okay or above ( People say Halo multiplayer is dead)... 2014-2016 Halo 5: ?????? 

So if Halo (online) multiplayer is dead then wouldn't it be sort of like how Halo:CE started with nothing (except for LAN parties and Halo PC edition a year afterward)

Maybe Halo 4 was a baptism by fire (the fire being the fans) and things will turn out better in Halo 5, and I know it sounds far-fetched, but perhaps Halo 5 can be a saving grace and blow us away just like Halo 2 did...

Hopefully Halo 4 is the dark before the dawn, and "Hope" is now all we have... I mean with the way things seem like coming from all of you, how the hell could it get any worse?

1: I am unable to understand the first "sentence" of your post. Either your missing some critical punctuation or your just stupid. Either way Halo 4 delievers a complete game with plenty of replay value to me. Yes I said "to me". It is entirely up to the individual player to decide if it has replay value to them or not. No game is with out replay value, it only has to find the right players who enjoy it in such a way.

Halo: Reach is another game with plenty of replay value to me. It just is and there isnt a damn thing you can do or say that will change that fact for me.

So how about you express yourself in a manor that reflects that "judgement" as what it really is. A personal opinion. Every single "issue" and complaint made about any game is entirely a personal opinion. Yes opinions from other people might be similar or even the same but that doesnt change the fact that they are opinions only. It doesnt make them right.

To me, and I am sure to many, many others, Halo 4 is an amazing game and I will continue to play it for as long as I desire to. Go ahead and say I am lying.

2: Sweet Jebus, I cant believe how stunned I am at the second half of your post. We have had since Halo 3 to get used to the concept of the use of "gear" and "armor abilities". Halo 2 didnt have anything like that in the game. In Halo 3 we are smacked in the face with gear that we could pick up and use. What a huge change (and it was, not being sarcastic). Yet that was taken in stride. Then Halo: Reach comes out with armor abilities, a further refined idea of gear. One that took the world by storm. All hell broke loose because it was "different" yet the only difference is that you could use the piece of gear multiple times instead of just once. What a shocker (now that is sarcasim).

It introduced new abilites (some of which werent great but nothing is ever perfect) and modified some older ones. A profound change that, while familier to the gear of Halo 3, was its own beast worthy of understanding and use.

Now Halo 4 arrives with armor abilites still in the picture but even further refined. They removed some that were too quirky in Halo: Reach and added in a few new ones to suit the new faction they introduced. An incredible feat if I do say so myself. Yet the only real changes are the ability to select different loadouts with that gear in place. The armor abilities themselves were tweeked slightly (appearances on the Spartan) to suit the new game but their mechanics were basically the same.

The biggest difference really is the addition of passive abilities that you can unlock that further specialize your Spartan. Really it is just a further refinement into what people were already doing naturally. Drivers and gunners opted to take stuff that would help improve their odds at those jobs. Snipers would grab gear to improve their effectiveness. Heavy weapons users did the same and even your basic assault trooper used gear to improve upon their jobs. Really it just took those things to the next step. Not a giant step but a significant one none the less.

Loadouts are nothing new. In Reach and heck even in Halo 3 I believe you could customize which stuff a person spawned with at the begining of a match. Halo: Reach was a step further where it gave you multiple options that you could choose from in order to suit your needs. All Halo 4 did was refine those and allow individual player imput. Not worth complaining about those since we have had them for years anyways.

So what are we talkin here, 2007 to 2012? Thats 5 years to get used to armor abilites, gear and whatever else. How much more slowly did they need to go in order for people to get used to it?

Now then I am done ranting (at least for a while) I will get back to the OP. Sorry that you feel that way but nothing anybody here does or says will change how you feel. Its up to you to decide if you like a game or not. Since you clearly dont your making a good choice and just not playing it anymore. I suggest finding a new game that fits the needs you have. Have fun playing something else.

If you can't understand something, (that's pretty easy to understand) because of one piece of missing punctuation, then I would wager YOU are the idiot sir, not the other way around. The irony here is you go on to make spelling mistakes afterwards...really kid?

Tornado is right. And you really, REALLY missed the mark with your tangent about Equipment and armor abilities. First of all, die hard veterans DID have a problem with equipment, and secondly, we ACCEPTED it because you actually had to GO and GET the damn things, you couldn't just spawn with them which is exactly what you can do in halo 4. You honestly sound like you have very little idea what you're talking about. He might not be the greatest when it comes to grammar, but I would rather listen to Tornado then you any day of the week.