Halo 5 armor

Sgt. DUKE

Back to T, I designed a concept based around the Spartan/ Clone helmet. Pics up tonight.

And Hayabusa styled shoulders. The shoulders then influenced the chest plate.

Seriously, they were the best part of the armour set.

• Like 1

DRAGONFIRE armour, an effort to make the HAYABUSA armour systems compatible with MJOLNIR GEN2 armour. With improved aesthetic features.

157796D8-4DDE-4FF1-BD36-CBD0E7C69A55-523

Was designed using similar aesthetics from Halo 4 existing armour btw.

(I tried to make it fit with the rest of the armour)

• Like 2

Guest Frogger24

While I would like them to look "pretty" it is not really a driving force for me in any armory. Functionality is what makes it worth while and none of the Halo games come closer to this than Halo 4 but even that game is seriously lacking. I have been talking about this for years now and Vaulting♥Frog had the exact same idea on here dealing with the armor.

Have each individual piece of armor actually do something other than change your looks.

Chestpiece A: wearing this boosts your health by 5%

Chestpiece B: wearing this boosts your shield strength by 5%

Chestpiece C: wearing this boosts your shield regeneration time by 5%

So on and so forth.

Not only does this bring actual meaning to the armory but it allows for a very indepth customization to each players strengths and weaknesses. A player who typically is not so great at getting into cover can augment that by having more shields. Other can augment their strengths to make them even better while others still augment their weaknesses to bring them closer to being on par with their better abilities. The choices are endless.

There are a few things that need to happen though. Chestpieces should be limited to health, shield and ammo buffs only. Pauldrons and forearms should deal with aiming, melee, ammo, reload and weapon damage only. Legs should deal with movement speed, ammo and armor ability buffs only. The helmet can deal with aiming, detection (enhanced motion tracker stuff like that), enhanced sight (longer distances with out a scope) and vehicle awareness (better control while driving).

The buffs are only small percentages with 5% being as big as they should ever get. That keeps basic players in the loop with out being trounced on time and again. Yet it still allows more advanced players greater control over their character and the ability to influence the game more dramatically. In general the buffs would be between 2-3%. While that doesnt seem like much it can make a huge difference if used properly. 2-3% more ammo in a gun might mean you get off one last volley before reloading and kiling your opponent while they are already reloading and your one shot. Stuff like that while not a huge difference the majority of the time still can make a meaningful difference in the right time and place.

As of right now every Spartan I have armored looks similar. Not because the armor looks the same but because I want them too. I am a big fan of the old school knights. I love seeing an oversized pauldron on the leading shoulder with a smaller pauldron on the weapon arm. I would love to see more dark ages style armor in the game if only because they are awesome to look at. Yes this is a change that I dont particularly care about but if they only changed looks then this is what I would ask for.

DRAGONFIRE armour, an effort to make the HAYABUSA armour systems compatible with MJOLNIR GEN2 armour. With improved aesthetic features.

Was designed using similar aesthetics from Halo 4 existing armour btw.

(I tried to make it fit with the rest of the armour)

I snipped the picture to save room but I get the idea of what you did. Though it seems more like you were adding in the Blood Dragon armor from Mass Effect 2/3 into Halo (something I am completely cool with).

I am not a fan of collectors items though. I would rather have all actual armor pieces be available to everybody. Skins on them however I dont mind so much being a part of a collectors deal.

• Like 1

That's bad because experiences players have a massive health bonus while new players get nothing. Ergo, more played= easier to play

New player=quitting because the game is incredibly unfair

Oh, and I don't know what blood dragon is.

To be honest with you I kind of like Halo 4s armor.

But, maybe if 343 could make it to a little bit more military like.

I kind of think that if in Halo 5 they made the armor a little realistic 

then Black Ops fans will be like  343Industries are such copyers just like those people 

said that to Halo 4 when it was nothing like Black Ops 2.

See what I mean?

• Like 1

Nooo The achievement system makes it impossible for offline players to get armour. The Reach system was best, allowing you to choose what you wanted entirely and let you plan ahead. 

Not achievements. Dear god no. It is a horrible system.

how does it make it impossible i unlock achievements offline all the time when my internet is down and unless the achevement requires more then one player and why does it matter if it  "makes it impossible for offline players to get armour" all you can do is play campaign FF forge and walk around maps 

To be honest with you I kind of like Halo 4s armor.

But, maybe if 343 could make it to a little bit more military like.

I kind of think that if in Halo 5 they made the armor a little realistic 

then Black Ops fans will be like  343Industries are such copyers just like those people 

said that to Halo 4 when it was nothing like Black Ops 2.

See what I mean?

Yeah. I see what you are saying. Maybe have more military look and feel to them. Like Reach's. Combine both Reach and 4s arnor, so people like you have what they want and people like me have want they want.

The Halo 3 armor was the best. There were about 10 good, distinguishable sets that you earned through cool achievements. In Halo 4, you get the same helmet for getting to level 8 as you do for getting forerunner weapon mastery plus or minus a stripe or 2 that you can't see anyway. In Halo 3, you could tell what the players were wearing. The thing that put me over the edge is that the reward for PERFECTION MASTERY, the hardest thing to get in the game, is a lowsy pair of indistinguishable forearms? Come on.

• Like 1

how does it make it impossible i unlock achievements offline all the time when my internet is down and unless the achevement requires more then one player and why does it matter if it "makes it impossible for offline players to get armour" all you can do is play campaign FF forge and walk around maps

Some were multiplayer exclusive- MK V, RECON, ODST, ROGUE, ELITE STUFF, scout shoulders that I can think of.

• 5 weeks later...