Halo 5 armor

Sgt. DUKE

I've been thinking and looking at the halo 4 armor, and to be honest, some of it is just rediculous. Like pionier. What if ,343, you guys devoloped more military, original armor. And what about one that pays homage to the Greek Spartans, you know with T shaped visor, and then the original Commando helmet. IDK, these are just the thoughts of a dedicated halo gamer.

Leave your comments below

I've been thinking and looking at the halo 4 armor, and to be honest, some of it is just rediculous. Like pionier. What if ,343, you guys and more military, original armor. And what about one that pays homage to the Greek Spartans, you know with T shaped visor, and then the original Commando helmet. IDK, these are just a the thoughts of a dedicated halo gamer.

Leave your comments below

I do admit halo 4s armour not including helmets just looked the same and kinda stupid while reaches looked cool and gritty just good overall every piece felt and looked different

• Like 2

Who can see through a visor that only covers your nose??? #ForeverCrosseyed

I wasn't a fan of the helmets, and armour overall did look kind of the same.

I am a scout variant lover, but I liked the Reach helmets a lot. The game actually had an avatar system that made everyone look the way they wanted (except for Elites).

By the way, I would like to see armour being unlocked based on achievements and secrets, maybe even easter eggs. A Halo 3: ODST style achievement of say, trying to kill two hunters in one blow (or at least in a double kill) will give you an achievement - as well as an armour piece. I can see a lot of players trying to do that and posting on youtube.

Nooo The achievement system makes it impossible for offline players to get armour. The Reach system was best, allowing you to choose what you wanted entirely and let you plan ahead. 

Not achievements. Dear god no. It is a horrible system.

• Like 2

Nooo The achievement system makes it impossible for offline players to get armour. The Reach system was best, allowing you to choose what you wanted entirely and let you plan ahead. 

Not achievements. Dear god no. It is a horrible system.

I thought it was a solution for offline players... you know, just get armour from Campaign.

It should be that players with silver should have a chance at getting armour too. I like that you get to plan ahead like in Reach. Idk, but I thought it would be good for people playing in campaign or multiplayer would have a chance at earning their armour.

No exclusive multiplayer stuff, I thought you meant that as well. Reach have many more credits to offline players for forge and customs etc. ( I was getting 12,000 per forge game) and it was good because ultimate could get everything. Then 4 had commendations and ruined it.

Campaign specific (I didn't realise you mean that. Derp) would be brilliant, as well as promoting reayablility for the campaign!

Honestly, I would just prefer the SPARTAN armour to have a more rigid, military feel. The 4 armours felt too anime and out of place for halo. Given some aesthetic changes, more angular and less curved, some existing ones do have a lot of potential!

(CIO, Engineer, Ranger come to mind here)

For the record, the aviator helm looks like a motorbike helmet... Operator looks better for a pilot IMO.

• Like 2

And also a few achievements that can work universally for firefight and multiplayer, etc like getting a killionaire. The only exclusion to avoid exploitation online is to only be able to unlock through matchmaking with strangers.

The part I didn't like about Reach armour was that it required a certain rank to unlock. I know that it takes a good player to unlock the armour, but it shouldn't require extensive gameplay either. What if you had two ways of unlocking armour? A certain amount of points and a rank, or complete this to buy it early. Of course, they would be objectives that require some actual skill.

By the way, to avoid too much data in just trying to unlock armours, should a player be able to unlock a full set completely or piece by piece?

I agree with you on the out-of-placeness that you say. As long as a person can see through their visor, looks believable for working in the military - and does not appear to scare civilians, then I (or we) will accept them as deserving variants.

• Like 1

Yeaaaah, not a big fan of the armor. I don't like the skin tight armor the Spartans wear, and pretty much 90 to 95% of the helmets look stupid. Please please please bring back the bulky armor.

Halo is turning into a fashion craze in Hollywood.

I wasn't a total fan of super bulky spartans in Reach, but anywhere between Halo 3 and Reach is great for me.

• Like 2

Halo is turning into a fashion craze in Hollywood.

I wasn't a total fan of super bulky spartans in Reach, but anywhere between Halo 3 and Reach is great for me.

same here. i'd prefer halo reaches armor back and customizations AND being able to unlock the like you could in reach. just so people who don't have live like two of my friends so we can also unlock the armor just as easily as people with live

get the gist of what i'm saying

No exclusive multiplayer stuff, I thought you meant that as well. Reach have many more credits to offline players for forge and customs etc. ( I was getting 12,000 per forge game) and it was good because ultimate could get everything. Then 4 had commendations and ruined it.

Campaign specific (I didn't realise you mean that. Derp) would be brilliant, as well as promoting reayablility for the campaign!

Honestly, I would just prefer the SPARTAN armour to have a more rigid, military feel. The 4 armours felt too anime and out of place for halo. Given some aesthetic changes, more angular and less curved, some existing ones do have a lot of potential!

(CIO, Engineer, Ranger come to mind here)

For the record, the aviator helm looks like a motorbike helmet... Operator looks better for a pilot IMO.

no offense for offline players intended but  why do offline player even need armour because they are the only ones who will see it anyway :thumbsup:

no offense for offline players intended but  why do offline player even need armour because they are the only ones who will see it anyway :thumbsup:

Their friends who play in their house don't want to see rookie armour when they come over. Plus, when they get live at any time they would like to be prepared. What's to show when you record videos for youtube, as well? You won't get any fans without a unique look to your spartan.

• Like 1

Many people like the option for customisation. For this argument, why do Mass Effect, Fallout and The Elder Scrolls have character customisation? No one will see that.

It is because armour can be something to work for, have your own 'trademark' or even simple aesthetics. Regardless of impressing other people.

Point is, there are few things to work towards offline, and restricting that is not good. Halo 3 was a first try... Fair enough. But 4 did it again with the commendations...

• Like 2

Many people like the option for customisation. For this argument, why do Mass Effect, Fallout and The Elder Scrolls have character customisation? No one will see that.

It is because armour can be something to work for, have your own 'trademark' or even simple aesthetics. Regardless of impressing other people.

Point is, there are few things to work towards offline, and restricting that is not good. Halo 3 was a first try... Fair enough. But 4 did it again with the commendations...

you make a fair point then fine I agree with you on this :laughing:

• Like 1

Halo 4's armor is really bad. The torsos look all the same, and some helmets are so stupid I can but wonder what the designer was thinking. I'm fine with visorless helmets, but in Halo helmets have always had visors, so they just feel out of place and weird. And the armor doesn't have any functionality to it. In Reach there were ammo belts, tac-pads, breathing masks and a robot arm! Halo 5 should have those things, as well more armor for elites if they'll become playable again.

• Like 3

caboose the ace i know you agree with bacon shelf now but before my friend moved who lived in my neighbor hood he didn't have live and we played reach almost all of the time. it was nice to have our own armor so we one could look bad  :censored: and two so we could tell each other apart. this is why i liked reaches much better than any other halo game except halo one because it was original and everyone was the exact same besides the skill level

caboose the ace i know you agree with bacon shelf now but before my friend moved who lived in my neighbor hood he didn't have live and we played reach almost all of the time. it was nice to have our own armor so we one could look bad  :censored: and two so we could tell each other apart. this is why i liked reaches much better than any other halo game except halo one because it was original and everyone was the exact same besides the skill level

this is what I am talking about in halo 4 everyone looks the same besides helmets and sometimes helmets even look the same every piece of armour just blended in altogher

The biggest issue I had with Halo 4's armor was the removal of classic armor variants like ODST. I have used ODST armor since Halo 3. The idea that I couldn't have my look was aggravatng, but because of that I looked at other variants. I do hope we could see  some more familiar armor for our Spartan-IVs. It may help 343 keep veteran players happy. 

• Like 2