Forge FIREFIGHT

Now I've heard from countless people that this cannot be done but I think it can. Imagine making your own firefight map? Imagine being able to forge a map and also be able to designate where the enemies spawn in? Sure some people would create really dodgy maps but there would be some really creative maps created and if this feature was implemented the replay value of the game would never end. Even if it was really really basic in regards to your abilities with what you can do with the AI it would still be ridiculously fun. Designated AI spawn zones would be all that's needed, and then you have enemies that behave in a certain way and you can choose which enemies spawn where when and how. Even if they just drop out of thin air I don't think anybody would care. Even if we had to compromise on the amount of pieces we lay down in forge it would still be amazing and I think I would play halo all day every day. I see it getting so big there would even be an entire community based around it. One reason I think it would definitely work is that the new console is coming out so the system should definitely be able to handle it. If we get another spartan ops as replacement again I don't know what I will do. If you want 343 to at least explore this then comment with what you think would help this... Game type to flourish

It is always cool to think that a forgeable Firefight gametype to come to Halo, but if you think about it... Edit spawns? Edit basic map material? Edit basic objectives? It seems like just a little for a lot of data, and with little use at that. On top of that, maps would be very glitchy if forge allowed for firefight options. Of course it can be done, but it would be an almost waste of time, money, and space to the game.

That doesn't stop 343 from making forgeable firefight for themselves, though! Bungie made maps for infection, 343 can certainly make different kinds of firefight matches to step up the game a bit for more variety in the matches.

If firefight usually takes place in the building and dirt roads in front of it, maybe 343 will make a different version for the beach side of that map, with a base and other stuff.

• Like 2

It is always cool to think that a forgeable Firefight gametype to come to Halo, but if you think about it... Edit spawns? Edit basic map material? Edit basic objectives? It seems like just a little for a lot of data, and with little use at that. On top of that, maps would be very glitchy if forge allowed for firefight options. Of course it can be done, but it would be an almost waste of time, money, and space to the game.

That doesn't stop 343 from making forgeable firefight for themselves, though! Bungie made maps for infection, 343 can certainly make different kinds of firefight matches to step up the game a bit for more variety in the matches.

If firefight usually takes place in the building and dirt roads in front of it, maybe 343 will make a different version for the beach side of that map, with a base and other stuff.

that is a great idea

Or they could have a preset canvas for firefight where the enemies spawn in all the same locations around the canvas, however you have the ability to forge in the centre of this canvas to create whatever structure you want to hold out in. I think this would definitely be possible. 

• Like 1

No. It would still lag as enemies try to run into walls and shot them. I can only see it as a completely preset structure, otherwise known as existing maps.

Um no they wouldnt, in firefight maps and campaign they set many different invisible boundaries that enemies are allowed to travel through and around buildings etc, a system could easily be put in place where you can mark where enemies can or cant go. 

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe we could just edit weapons, barricades, crates, and stuff like that, that way there wouldn't be to much of a problem for the physics engine trying to move the AI around the forged objects.

that is what i was thinking and that could work!!! that is also the only logical thing that can work and the only thing that can! its the only possible way.

smart idea

An RC-XD is a RC car with a bomb strapped to the back of it introduced in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It's a killstreak that only requires 3 kills to get.

ok thank you i here'd the name before and i thought it was something like that