Next Gen Xbox - Always Online & No Used Games Rumors Debunked

Xbox%20concept%20render-580-75.jpg

The rumors that have been flying about that the next xbox will require a constant internet connection and used games will not work have been put to rest, so for those who were worried about this can breathe a sigh of relief. Also a report yesterday said that the next xbox will offer an add on that will allow users to use their 360 content on it's successor. 

More details below 

This article is from Examiner

New information regarding Microsoft’s next-generation home console – codenamed Durango – surfaced on April 10 which suggest that recent rumors proposing that the Xbox 720 will require an always on connection to the internet are in fact false.

Likewise, details about backwards compatibility for the Next Xbox have come forth which hint at the possibility that Microsoft’s next-generation home console will support backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 software, however, it will require a special add-on device.

On Wednesday, April 10, new information about Microsoft’s Xbox 720 – Durango – came to light as VGLeaks reports that Microsoft will offer an add-on for the Xbox 720 to allow users to play their Xbox 360 games.

This add-on will be networked with the Xbox 720 – Durango – to allow for backwards compatibility to all Xbox 360 software – meaning XBLA, digital, and retail Xbox 360 games will be supported. It is said to be similar to the HD-DVD add-on Microsoft released for Xbox 360.

Additionally, the rumors of an always online requirement for Xbox 720 are apparently false. The system itself will always be online, but it will not be a requirement to play local content nor will it prevent people from playing used games.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6

PRAISE THE LORD

I am soooo  happy right now I will defiantly be getting the next Xbox then aka 720 but one thing I still have qustions about is this so called add on for old 360 games I wonder will it be free or not :thumbsup:

Edited by Caboose.
  • Like 2

PRAISE THE LORD

I am soooo  happy right now I will defiantly be getting the next Xbox then aka 720 but one thing I still have qustions about is this so called add on for old 360 games I wonder will it be free or not :thumbsup:

Ehehehe, aren't we talking about Micor$oft?

• Like 1

I was going to post this good thing I looked before posting =]

Although I think these links might be better then the much shorter Examiner ones since they go into more detail.

http://www.techspot.com/news/52212-surprise-internet-connection-not-required-to-play-xbox-720-games.html

http://www.techspot.com/news/52004-fud-alert-always-connected-xbox-720-rumors-are-mostly-paranoia.html

• 2 weeks later...